KFC

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Yoda, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Colonel Green

Colonel Green Vice Admiral Admiral

This.

2. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

Awhile back I was going through a chicken wing phase and at the time the only place near me to get them was KFC. There were three (possibly four) times in a row when I went there (between 6:00 PM and 6:30 PM) to get some wings and each time I was told that they weren't "ready" and it would be a 20 minute wait.

Three (possibly four) times in a row!! During the dinner hour, when you'd think they would have quite a bit prepared and ready to go. So yeah, I'm on board with the KFC hate.

3. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

KFC + MSG = MASSIVE HEADACHES

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It doesn't help that I ate an entire 10-piece family meal all by myself.

5. pajamahead

pajamahead Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I never go through drive thorugh cause they always seem to mess up the order, see Lethal Weapon 2. Ordering inside I have never had and issue. A few years back in another city I order several items for me, my wife, and her parents. I was told 3 of the 4 items were not available because someone did not show up for work or some crap.

6. Kirk's_Tights

Kirk's_Tights Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

We got KFC two weeks ago. I always get the big crunch combo (spicy, of course) and my husband enjoys his two piece meal but gets two chicken breasts instead of one chicken breast and one drumstick.

Anyways, we went to eat it at the park and when he opened his box up, they gave him these ridiculously small chicken breasts. You have to pay extra for that shit so he was pissed.

I got a ton of fries with my meal so I won.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Now I'm craving KFC. We have two really good ones here where I live. I guess I know what I'm having for dinner. :D

8. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

KFC sucks where I live. When they were rolling out the barbecue chicken I went there and ordered the regular fried chicken. They were conveniently out of the fried chicken and it would take 15 minutes to get the next batch ready, but there was plenty of barbecue chicken if I wanted some. I reminded her that Popeye's was about a mile down the road and I'd take my business there, which I did and it was delicious.

I have a real problem with this one Taco Bell near my house. If you order something that isn't a combo meal, or if you get really crazy and order multiple combo meals they'll screw it up every time.
    One time I picked up dinner for my wife, son, and myself and the managed to screw up every item in the order. The drinks were right, but that was it. I got home, noticed everything was wrong and went back and stood in line inside this time. When it was my turn, I informed the kid that just went through the drive through and the entire order was wrong and that they could have it back. I made a big deal of hoisting the bag up and dropping it on the counter. I couldn't even look at the kid behind the counter because right at that moment I felt like a total dick head, but as I stormed out the guy in line behind me was laughing his ass off.

9. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I have a real problem with Taco Bell period. It's dog food.

10. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I can't eat a lot of greasy food anymore... Therefore, fried chicken is a collossal error if I eat it. And my brother lives near an Ezell's Famous Chicken. And that stuff isn't too greasy... It's yummy.

11. Shatmandu

Shatmandu Vice Admiral Admiral

It's pretty simple: take five seconds and check the bag before you pull away. Should you have to? Nope. Should you? Yep.

It's like defensive driving. Assume the other guy is an idiot.

If that's too much to ask an adult, you suppose you could nuke a microwave dinner? I've never heard of one of those missing anything from one of the compartments, but I'm sure you'll be here soon with a "Where's teh friggin' PEACH COBBLER, Mrs. Swanson?!?" post.

Fast food places screwing up is not a new thing. Be smart about it. Or, don't be smart and miss out. Your choice.

Joe, shrugging

12. startrekwatcher

startrekwatcher Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know how anyone can eat most fast food--Taco Bell, McDonald's, KFC, Burger King etc--. Its greasy and has about an entire day's worth of calories.

Even their so-called "lite" menu items are not particularly healthy as far as fat content or calories.

13. TheLonelySquire

TheLonelySquire Vice Admiral

People work there for a reason bro. It is what it is. Do you expect anything less?

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's absolutely so.

15. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

No kidding. About 90% of the time I hit a place there's like 20 cars lined up in the drive through and nobody standing at the counter.

16. The Grim Ghost

The Grim Ghost Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well it's fine as an occasional treat (depending on your definition of treat of course) or if you're in a hurry.

But if you've made it a way of life and are eating fast food daily, yeah it's bad for you.

I have a friend who has eaten at Taco Bell daily for almost 10 years now.

He ain't lookin' too good.