New Frontier: Treason

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by nickyboy, Mar 25, 2009.

1. nickyboy

nickyboy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was wondering if this is still on course for relase next month? As there has been no promotion or advanced word of it & not even a cover image released. Has it been bumped a few months or are pocket books more focused on pushing Voyager: Full Circle??

2. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

3. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The Acclaimed Adventure Is Now In Paperback"? As far as I know, Treason never got a hardcover release. And what's this acclamation about? I haven't seen a single review of this book yet.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

4. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

^I assume it refers to the series, moving to (trade) paperback format after the last couple books released as hardcovers.

5. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Indeed.

6. cb31

cb31 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I'm stoked about this one, it's been too long since the last New Frontier book!

7. JB2005

JB2005 Commodore Commodore

agreed, even after Before Dishonor, i'm pretty sure that PAD will deliver a good NF book, after all these are his characters so it stands to reason he'll write them fairly well :)

8. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm looking forward to the book.

Not sure if it has been put up before, but here's what looks the REAL back cover blurb for the book.

9. Baerbel Haddrell

Baerbel Haddrell Commodore Commodore

That description is definitely intriguing!

Is that really the final cover? If so, I am disappointed. Having a com badge lying around somewhere is no improvement to the various sword ones.

It has indeed been a while so that I am hoping for a nice big book.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

And not just a combadge, but a TOS movie era one?
    As for the backcover, that sounds great, I can't wait. I don't know where Exeris found it, but I just found it on the S&S site.

11. Thrawn

Thrawn Rear Admiral Premium Member

Huh. First I've seen of the new cover blurb. I like it.

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

My only real complain is the fact that we pretty much just did the traitor thing with Soleta. But I'm still curious to see who it is.

13. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Soleta wasn't a traitor.

14. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

This will be the first trek book I've bought without having borrowed beforehand since...well, the last New Frontier book.

15. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I found it on Amazon.com.

16. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Has anyone heard if whether PAD will eventually have New Frontier meet up with the post-Nemesis TNG/VOY/Titan books. IIRC, the last book ended before the events of Nemesis, and this one happens right after the last...

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok, maybe not a traitor exactly, but it she did change sides to what has been an enemy in the past. I just meant that we did something with somone changing loyalties.

Now, don't misunderstand, I'm still really excited for the book and I'm sure it'll be good, I just think it's a little to soon to do something so similar.

18. captcalhoun

Soleta only left Starfleet because they were going to stick her in a shitty job because she didn't tell them she was half-Romulan. Even though she'd proved loyal and served well, they decided when they found out that her loyalty was suspect. which is rediculous. it's what you do that defines you, not your DNA.

this, a turncoat, is a completely different plate of gumbo.

19. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Soleta was ill-treated by Starfleet, there's no doubt about that. But it didn't follow from there that she had no other option than defecting to Romulus. I don't know if it was legally treason--that might depend on factors like whether the Romulan Star Empire was still classed as a hostile power following the Dominion War rapprochement--but I don't doubt that defection and treason are synonymous in the eyes of many.

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

20. captcalhoun

the explanation given in ATF is she feels a need to belong, a need fulfilled by Starfleet. With Starfleet no longer an option, she decided to try 'belonging' with the Romulans. As of MIA, she's employed elsewhere.