Dollhouse in Trouble?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Cain, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Surely that negative attitude doesnt help though? If people think "Oh fridays, well it wont get good ratings there so I wont bother watching as it will get cancelled" simply leads to a good chunk of people not watching it, reducing the ratings and contributing to it getting cancelled from low ratings anyway?

3. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

FOX is Joss Whedon's kryptonite. :rommie:

4. Mordock

Mordock Commander Red Shirt

This move has negative associations with the past, but this particular moment in network history is full of entrenched hits on the competitive nights, and I don't think there's really a safer slot for the show.

Sunday is crowded with established shows, and Fox isn't going to mess with its comedy lineup.

Monday? Not a good idea, as Dancing with the Stars, CBS' comedies, and even NBC's dramas beating up Sarah Connor demonstrates; the night is so crowded, House is being moved there to support 24.

Tuesday and Wednesday? Jam-packed, and Fox wouldn't be patient if Dollhouse blew American Idol's lead-in.

Thursday? Against CSI and Gray's Anatomy?

Friday, by contrast, is wide open, because the other networks have given up. CBS is just airing reruns at 9:00, for crying out loud. It's hardly ideal, but it may be the best available option.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Which colour?

6. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ It's Fox, so red?

7. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

No, that's just irony. Rubbing salt in the wound is when you arrange the schedule so that the final episode aired of a canceled series ends with the lines
    You have to be either really clueless or a real asshat to make that kind of call.

8. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's a new trailer out that doesn't emphasize prostitution. That's rather more attractive. The emphasis in the new trailer on the skills the dolls acquire raises the question of why they aren't selling these skills to people permanently, which I am sure would vastly more lucrative. That part makes the whole series seem off to me.

The tag line is something like "Memories can be erased, but can a soul?"
    (Sorry, already forgot the verbatim!:()

9. Lindley

Lindley Moderator with a Soul Premium Member

New trailer doesn't seem significantly different than the last, so the changes couldn't have been too extreme...

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why do I have no faith in TV suits when i love TV so much? Not that i use a TV to watch TV mush any more.

"Um, Joss, the last time she made a TV show, she ran a lot. It made her boobs jiggle. That's why we hired her. Boob jiggling. If people watch this show with their hands down their pants they can't reach for the remote. Now do your job or we'll hire someone else who can."

11. tharpdevenport

tharpdevenport Admiral Admiral

Thanks to Whedonesque.com linking to this article, a FOX exec says "Dollhouse" has: "... 12 o 13 weeks to find an audience."

Well, now we know how long it has until the New Morons at FOX cancel it.

12. I'm less than impressed by what i've read and seen via trailers of this show. I can honestly say that if Joss Whedon's name wasn't attached and everything else was the same, I'd have zero interest in this show, I'm mostly giving Joss the benefit since most of the stuff he's in charge of is so quality.

13. Hicks

Hicks Captain Captain

Same here. I'm so meh on this whole thing that I'm not even upset that it's being lined up to get shot down quickly. Maybe when it airs I'll feel completely different, but for now it's very underwhelming.

14. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I agree that I wasn't terribly impressed with the trailers. But I don't remember being super-excited about Firefly, either. I'll reserve judgement until the series premieres. Though, I must say, with all of the behind-the-scenes turmoil that we keep hearing about, I worry about the quality. Everything seems to be working against Dollhouse right now - production issues, script issues, and now Fox's schedule.