First Director Set For Series 8

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

Because the vast majority loves them. To me it seems to be only a small minority group inside the hardcore fans that don't like them. When you look through comments on the web, you get far more "Why isn't there a spinoff series already" than "i never want to see them again".

2. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So that'd be a sample of about 0.1% of the total audience?

3. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I know people who hate them, but no one who likes them.

4. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I like them.

5. Green Lantern

Well people on this forum seem to have different tastes about the show than people on other forums and than I know in real life. Although I am in a minority here, from the rest of my whovian experience in life, you're probably all in a minority. But this is from my perspective. Still, from my viewpoint, this forum is the minority usually.

6. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

When I was your age, I remember that it was fairly easy to find people who hated stuff, far easier, in fact, than it was to find people who liked anything. Perhaps your experience is similar.

7. Green Lantern

Maybe. Only time will tell though. ;)

What I do know is right now I hate htem. ;)

8. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have wondered more than once what the level of enthusiasm for a spin-off would be if it was Master Vastra and Jeremy and their relationship in the lead roles...

9. Sean_McCormick

Sean_McCormick Captain Captain

Pretty much;). As i said, this is only my impression. One point, that is always to consider is, that the casual viewers would probably not comment on such specific details, they watch it when they like it and don't, when they don't. People that comment on such things are somewhat invested in the show and can be considered fans and as such the minority of the shows viewer-base.

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Honestly, in terms of the people in real-life with whom I discuss DW and their views on its characters, only one recurring character ever provokes strong views: Jack Harkness. They may prefer Amy to Rose or Donna to Martha but its only online that I ever see people get worked up about any of them. Apart from Jack. One friend refuses to watch TW because of him.

11. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I quite like them. Also, I've previously predicted that they'll make an appearance early in the 8th season in order to provide continuity with the new Doctor.

Mr Awe

12. Green Lantern

Unfortunately, I knew that was bound to happen. The biggest clue is Moffat referring to Capaldi's first series being like Tom Bakers, which had Jon Pertwee's recurring in the first serial; Sarah Jane and UNIT, so I guessed that we'd have a few episodes with the detective trio. :(

Hopefully once Moffat leaves, the new producer will put the show back on track and ditch them. The Sontarans are like in the DW big five (Daleks, Cybermen, The Master, Sontarans and Weeping Angels), so having one as an ally really is a dumb thing to do. Plus it's so badly written. One thing I hate about DW in the last few years, especially in series 7 is that there is far too much humour in it. Crimson Horror is a prime example of this, and Dinosaurs on a Space Ship. Some people say that there's a dark side to Smith's doctor, but I really can't see that at all. They really need to sort out the show next year.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I do not think this show is what you think it is ;)