ENTERPRISE on Blu-Ray OFFICIAL Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by LtChange, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Scotty

Scotty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Watched The Andorian Incident today.Damn, this show has a lot of scenes set in caves. They really squeezed every penny's worth from that caveset! :lol:

2. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Yep, I've noticed that too - a ubiquitous/generic cave set seems to pop up in an inordinate volume of TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT episodes!

3. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

So I finally bought the box set and watched the first few episodes last weekend. So far, I can't really say that it was worth the money. The picture quality seems to be only marginally better than on the DVDs.

One episodes (I think it was "Unexpected") even had a music cue slightly cut during a transition from one scene to the other, while it was perfectly fine on the DVD. That's annoying! Good thing I still have my DVD box sets!

4. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

5. Dane_Whitman

Dane_Whitman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It might simply be that my eyes are adjusting to the picture quality, but I have the vague notion that from The Andorian Incident on the episodes look a bit better than the first bunch.

The blu-ray transfer brings out some nice detail in the monastery surroundings and I've definitely noticed more fine detail, as well as image depth particularly noticable in scenes on the bridge. Then again, it might be that I'm just getting used to the quality of the transfers.

6. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Oso Blanco

For anyone who's interested, I looked it up again: It's "Unexpected" at 25:20 min ... very annoying!

8. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

25:20 is the moment just after Trip says, "What the hell you talking about?" ...not a scene change. Could you have mistyped maybe?

9. Oso Blanco

I checked again, it's 25:34, right after Phlox telling Trip that he's pregnant. Seems that the media player on my computer is messing up the time marks, but now it should be correct.

10. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

Gotcha. Yeah, it fades out a bit too quick. Damn, that dashes my hopes that the fade-outs would actually be fixed rather than made worse. (I've noticed a lot of late-series TNG eps have too-quick fade-outs on ad breaks a fair bit.)

11. Scotty

Heads up guys. You can pre-order season 2 now at Amazon UK for the rather amazing price of £ 24,95!!!

12. LOKAI of CHERON

Scotty, many, many thanks for the heads up!:techman: It's an almost unbelievably low price - my order is placed! I hope it's not indicative of low season 1 sales.

13. Scotty

Believe it. Sainsbury's Entertainment have it for only £22,99, but they only deliver in the UK.

14. LOKAI of CHERON

Damn, that's another £1.96 I could've saved! :)

15. FrontierTrek

FrontierTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm told this is an introductory offer only folks, and that ENTERPRISE Season 2 will go up to a higher price soon.

Order from Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/Z5dzAZ

[deleted soliciting reference - your sig is enough, okay? --HR]

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
  16. LOKAI of CHERON

Yes, I've seen it happen a lot on Amazon. Sometimes it's a matter of hours before prices rise to a regular RRP.

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
  17. Scotty

Sorry LOKAI, only found out about Sainsbury's price afterwards. It doesn't help me though, since they don't deliver to the Netherlands.

18. LOKAI of CHERON

No worries at all, Scotty, I wasn't serious - £1.96 doesn't buy you much in the UK! In all honesty, I wouldn't have ordered from Sainbury's anyway, I've used them a couple of times and their deliveries were a few days slower. Amazon usually deliver on or before official release dates. That's definitely worth a couple of quid in my book - as the sets drop into my hot, sweaty and eager hands!!! :techman:

19. Aatrek

Aatrek Rear Admiral

I just preordered the Amazon deal as an import - it worked to just £23.87 INCLUDING SHIPPING to the US, which works out to $36.21 US. That's a steal!

20. Scotty

:techman: I agree. Amaon's ace. I usually receive my orders two working days later. Amazing.