Can Sisko "pollute" the timeline?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Bad Thoughts, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Bad Thoughts

Bad Thoughts Vice Admiral Admiral

At the end of the series, Sisko is "with the prophets." I don't think that means he has biologically become a prophet, but living with them and being entrusted as their "emissary," he must have the ability to intervene in the time in creative ways. Given that the prophets were able to return Akorem to his time without disturbing the course of events or changing knowledge of the past, I should think Sisko could do all sorts of crazy things. Make sure the Bell riots unfold as they should? Prevent Jennifer from dying? Prevent Jadzia from dying, perhaps while retaining Ezri Dax? Any other possibilities?

2. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

I don't think it was implied that Sisko was any more than a visitor there. Granted, there wasn't much at all implied by that ending...

3. Finn

Finn Bad Batch of TrekBBS Admiral

Not pollute timeline. Sisko would be doing things that were supposed to happen.

4. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

He may be the Emissary and living with the Prophets for the time being, but he is still a Starfleet Captain. His training would keep him from polluting the timeline.

He only impersonated Bell because their presence altered the timeline to begin with, after the original was killed he had to set things right for the good of Earth.

5. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Oh, I dunno...
    Bring Spock Prime back?
    Eliminate the nuTimeline?

I keed, I keed.

6. Bry_Sinclair

Genius idea I'd say.

7. Bad Thoughts

Three way call between Spock, nuSpock and the Sisko?

Of course, I am trying to have fun with this, but I'm not sure he would be much of a SF officer anymore. His perspective--at least what we saw of it--would make him incompatible with Federation culture. It would make planning difficult if he is unconcerned about time. When do they move against the Dominion? Maybe next year ... maybe YESTERDAY!

8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Timeline... what is this?

Though somehow I misinterpreted the thread title as asking about "polluting" the timeline with dozens of Sisko offspring through millennia.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Whatever he does, it will be predestined.

10. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Why would Sisko be concerned and care about an alternate timeline that he most likely had/has no emotional stake in?:rolleyes:

11. Bad Thoughts

^In case the mirrorverse baddies hatch a plan to get Abrams super-sized tech?

12. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

There's a lens flare joke in here somewhere.

I tend to think Sisko only has access to his prophet knowledge while in prophet form. Should he return to human form he would go back to having human knowledge and human perspective. It's pretty much a Daniel Jackson situation.

Could he pollute the timeline? I doubt the prophets would let him, and if he could he would choose not to, because now he has the clarity for why things happened the way they did and why Jennifer needed to die.

13. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

It's already damned bright in the Celestial Temple, don't make it worse! :mallory:

14. dub

LOL! I can actually hear Sisko saying that! :lol:

15. Bry_Sinclair

have to be careful with them though, there are those who think that lens flare jokes have been done to death. Personally, I think that if JJ insists on having them then I insist on making cracks at them :lol:

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A universe where he's the one pulling the strings? Ceti Alpha VI explodes? The Xindi attack? The Borg exist? Romulus destroyed? Blame Sisko!

17. dub

Hey, in all seriousness I love the lens flares! I like the production value of the new films in just about every way. But the jokes are still funny to me if the're good. As with all things subjective, YMMV. I laughed out loud at a joke someone made here at the expense of TMP recently, so I don't think the jokes are really ever going to die.

18. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

I always liked to think that Sisko could have had a major influence on the prophet that inhabited Sarah, in order to ensure his own birth. In fact, with a bit of wiggle room in interpreting just what happened after DS9 ended, he could be the prophet in question. :D

Not very Starfleet, I know, but I can dream.

19. doctorfoto

doctorfoto Commodore Commodore

So Sisko is... his own Mom?!? That's so twisted! But I like it. Sounds like the kind of stunt the writers would pull to screw with the fans. :devil:

20. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Such as becoming Gabriel Bell in Past Tense?