Things you liked about voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by KaraBear, Aug 19, 2013.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Let me amend my original post.

I love Captain Kathryn Janeway ... :bolian:

AND

...all the Voy fan boys/fangirls I have met and never met especially Teacake...

...EXCEPT when she DENIES :eek: the rightness that IS Janeway/Chakotay. :drool:

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not even a huge Janeway fan but I'd have liked to see her and Chakotay together. ;)

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Captain Janeway wants to frakk Chakotay I have absolutely no problem with that. Everyone needs a little side hobby.

4. USS Kongo

USS Kongo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, this. ^

The opening is simply epic, and the theme is my favorite of all the Trek shows.

Also, I always liked the distinctive ship design of Voyager. It looked like a sleek cobra's head. It seemed to suggest that the ship may be small, but it had a nasty bite.

I'm also a fan of Kes, Seven Of Nine, and the good Doctor.

I admit that I didn't like Janeway at first, but she grew on me. I enjoy the fact that she's a coffee addict, as well as her mother lion attitude towards protecting and fighting for her crew.

Sean

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

What happened to the Harry Kim love? Yesterday you wanted to watch him fan dance.

6. teacake

That's not love, it's hotness.

I do think he's a very sweet boy.

7. Melakon

I guess I misunderstood. I must be one of those guys who confuses sex and love.

8. teacake

I do not love Harry, he is interchangable with all sorts of other characters from all sorts of other shows. It's just he's on my show, my special precious show that I do love. Unlike most other shows. So sometimes I pay him special attention, though most of the time its just the usual mockery Harry inspires.

I think he is sweet, a little gumpy, very good looking, kind, and idealistic in a way which is nice on tv but probably wouldn't work over a cup of coffee if I met him IRL. VOY is totally deficient in the men camp, unlike ENT, which also elevates Harry's hotness.

Now Janeway.. I love her and I sex her and I let her touch my shoulder FOREVER AND EVER AMEN.

9. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

You need a gif of Janeway touching someone's shoulder. :)

My "poor" substitute is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TZrjuSUuW8

... another thing she likes to do. ;)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TZrjuSUuW8[/yt]

10. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

What I liked most about the show is the ship and the Doctor

11. Lynx

Lynx Vice Admiral Admiral

1. The characters. More interesting than any characters in any series.

2. The premise for the show. The whole idea with a lost ship in the Delta Quadrant with a mixed Starfleet-maquis crew was great.

3. The actors. They really gave life to the characters.

12. Kirks_Flying_Wig

Kirks_Flying_Wig Commander Red Shirt

In terms of acting, Voyager had Picardo and Mulgrew going for it, and Ryan when she was given something interesting to do. And for all Voyager's faults in not having story arcs or great continuity, it did have some excellent high-concept episodes, like "Blink of an Eye", "Living Witness", "Year of Hell", "The Omega Directive" to name just some.

13. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I thought Harry was a good character at the beginning when he was established as this sort of Starfleet nerd with somebody to impress. They started to use him as their 'suffer' character the way DS9 used O'Brien, and I liked him in Emanations and Non Sequitur.

Unfortunately the Voyager writers had no idea how to make a character interesting without a gimmick to exploit so he either kept getting 'sidekicked' or he got terrible episodes like Favorite Son that had nothing to do with his character.

14. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

I loved The Doctor. IMO he had the best character development in all of Trek.

I like the addition of Seven of Nine.

I like that at last TPTB saw fit to cast a female captain.

15. Kirk the Jerk

Kirk the Jerk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow, there are so many things about Voyager I liked. It's late so i'll be (kinda) brief. Voyager got me into Star Trek, I remember watching episodes like Future's End, Year of Hell, Message in a Bottle, Relativity, Shattered and End Game to name but a few. Really well written episodes IMO. I really liked characters such as Tuvok, Tom Paris, Seven and The Doctor, I felt they were reason the series was what it was. There are obvious faults with continuity (Ex drones from Wolf 359???? :borg:) as there are in many episodes of the other series but overall I loved Voyager and can't wait for it to be Remastered (If).

16. Melakon

Well hell, I might as well say it since I'm old enough that I don't have to worry about being politically correct all the time: I liked Seven because she had an ample bosom.

17. teacake

Was it the amplest?

:: ponders ::

18. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Hmm I never noticed ;)

19. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Organic trumps ample.

20. Praetor

Praetor Vice Admiral Admiral

What a great thread. My items would include:

1. Strength of the premise; I believe Mr. Braga would refer to this as "high concept" creating
    2. Casting and performances; I'd say I'm about 90% on the cast and the performances they gave; certain actors give amazing performances that perhaps bring it up to 100% if we allow them to be "weighted" :rommie:
    3. Production design/quality; including the Voyager herself, the entire series was beautiful to look at yet visually clean
    4. Sense of adventure; as others have said, the show had a strong adventurous "heart" at its center, and stands up as thoroughly enjoyable