World Baseball Classic

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Use of Time, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Gio Gonzalez will finally take the bump for team U.S.A. tomorrow night against Puerto Rico. I'm glad we saved him after watching this Puerto Rican team. Their lineup is loaded but their bats have been kind of cold through the classic.

Also, another big upset as the Netherlands send the #1 ranked Cuban team home early with their late game heroics.

2. Use of Time

Here we go. Gio Gonzalez is looking sharp early and the U.S.A. finally gets on the board first.

3. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I really have no interest in the WBC but caught some highlights on ESPN and have to ask - USA vs Puerto Rico? The hell? Puerto Rico is part of the US!

4. Use of Time

Unincorporated territory of the U.S. but not a state. Puerto Rico is a Commonwealth and I see no problem with them fielding a team under the banner of their own heritage.

5. Use of Time

Team USA really does struggle with RISP. These guys are also having some terrible at bats at the plate. With the pitch count limitations I fail to understand why these guys are being so aggressive at the plate. Would it kill them to look at a pitch. They are also very timid on the basepaths.

6. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Ehh... fair enough I suppose.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Judging by what Puerto Rico just did to the American team the other night, maybe Congress needs to expedite Puerto Rico's path to statehood. :lol: