Smallville Season 11, it"s happening...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by ncc71877, Feb 9, 2012.

1. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Chloe told Clark (after she disappeared for a while, thanks to Checkmate) that she'd encountered a rich guy with all sorts of gadgets and a "wonderous woman" who'd give Clark a run for his money.

Obviously, she'd met Bruce and Diana. DC's longtime trio does exist in the SMALLVILLE universe.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah I remember the references to Diana and Bruce. The Bat-Embargo doesn't mean they can't have sly references. It means they can't actually show the character or name him outright which she didn't do in the episode. I'd actually would like one of the new allies that Miller mentions end up being the Smallville version of Wonder Woman. That'd be pretty cool.

3. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does anyone else get the gnawing feeling that the 11 year-old cocktease will continue, and that the only glimpses of Clark as Superman will be on the covers?

4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Probably if anything to say about it, Welling has.

5. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Actually, for as much as we all crabbed about the show during it's final two seasons, I do miss those days... Hell, the weekly commentary was usually far more entertaining than the show itself!

You should drop in on the Fringe thread I do. It's still a good show, though it's been derailed somewhat this season.

6. Admiral_Young

What would be the point of teasing when they're attempting to generate interest among the fan base? That would just piss off fans to the point where they would not buy the issue and this initiative would fail.

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

I'm just sort of hoping that we might actually get to meet the SV version of either Bruce Wayne or Diana. I know it's not likely, but it's still one thing where this format might have an advantage over the show itself.

8. Admiral_Young

I can see Diana showing up...but I doubt they'd lift the Bat-Embargo. It's still being reinforced. It's almost become pointless now to me to have Bruce show up. Maybe they could do a two parter called "World's Finest" or something like that. Or even do a three part story called "Trinity" and introduce Diana and Bruce. That'd be cool. It really comes down to what DC has given Miller permission to show.

9. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Plus there's the fact that because of the Bat-Embargo, the made Ollie SV's version of the BW/BM character. He's basically Bruce in green tights (but without the cool car!)

:lol:

Naturally, anyone who knows me from the SV days know that my main interest is to see how they treat a certain little insanely cute blond. With Teschmacher now dead, I'd like to see her return to her rightful place as Watchtower.

10. Admiral_Young

Miller has stated Chloe will have a part to play and is still of course married to Ollie. This season happens before the time gap we saw in the finale (sigh) so this pretty much will most likely set the stage for what we saw in the framing device. Lois and Clark still not married!!! LOL

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Will we see Lana? :p

12. Admiral_Young

I hope if we do they undo that stupid Kryptonite Woman crap. I really do have faith in Bryan Q. Miller. His Batgirl run is critically acclaimed and was always one of the better writers on the show.

13. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Why would the Bat-Embargo be placed on a comic? That'd be stupid and make even less sense than the Bat-Embargo as is.

14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It is more of an anti-SMALLVILLE thing than a Bat-embargo. :lol:

15. Admiral_Young

I don't know why they would reinforce the Bat-Embargo in a comic. The comic is still canon for Smallville and it was of course employed during the series. I just assume DC would continue it. Like I said, we don't know what Miller has been given permission to show or not in the book. Maybe Bruce will show up. Maybe he won't.

16. the_wildcard

the_wildcard Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just not the same seeing Erica Durance on TV as Lois Lane haha

17. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Any word yet on pricing or availability for the digital version?

18. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Oh just let it die. Let it die, let it die, let it die. At this point it is inhumane to keep this sad thing alive in an iron lung, on dialysis, with an artificial heart while there's no brain activity.

19. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

O-ka-a-a-a-y.

:lol:

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwZ0WDTUfg0[/yt]