Mayweather Canelo PPV

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Kirkman1987, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

Anyone else getting a bit excited for this card now that it's less than 2 weeks away?

I figure Floyd walks away with another decision, but this is certainly the toughest fight he's taken in a long time. I think Canelo can give him trouble in spots, maybe even catch Floyd with a big shot or two. If it's close at all, the scoring could be interesting.

The real excitement to me is Garcia v. Matthysse. That's a pure toss-up imo and certain to be exciting from start to finish. I favor Matthysse by KO, but as I said, It's really a toss-up.

2. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Does it even matter anymore now that any hope for Pac-Mayweather is off the table?

3. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

^
    I understand the frustration, but the sport is bigger than that one fight. Even if you don't care to see Mayweather and think he'll breeze through Canelo to a boring UD, Garcia vs. Matthysse is an A+ incredible fight that any boxing fan should be excited about.

4. Roger Wilco

I agree. But still, what's Mayweather got to prove at this point anymore? Even if he loses, it would just be a period behind a great career, but it couldn't be an exclamation mark. That's not 100% his fault, but it's just a fact imo.

5. Infern0

Infern0 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Another routine win for Floyd "money" Mayweather

There is very few options out there for someone to give him a good argument

6. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Pity about no Manny fight during his career, I feel now is too late as Manny is more of a politician back home than a boxer anymore. I will always believe Oscar beat Mayweather by a point all those years ago but you can't really argue with the rest of his career...Just a pity as a person he lacks the class of other great champions.

7. Roger Wilco

Mayweather made that look easy again, maybe he really is nearly as much a legend as he thinks himself of. ;)

I don't know. He brash and crass for sure, and a show-off in the extreme, but I can't shake the feeling watching those all-access and 24/7 shows, that he's just putting on an image there, and that he's really a lot smarter than he looks.

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I have no doubt he over does it for the camera but at the same time he does share some of that asshole behaviour in his daily life. Also the simple fact he beat his ex girlfriend up :rolleyes: Digusting.

9. Roger Wilco

Yeah, well, I can't disagree with that.

10. Comet

Comet Ensign Newbie

¡La próxima vez, mi compatriota Canelo va a ganar!

It was a good fight. !Viva México!