Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

You're welcome!

2. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Too much chaos going on in here I feel :D

3. Artemis

Artemis Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello good forum folk!

I've been hearing a lot about this forum from my friends so decided to check it out.

When I was a wee lass, my brother made me watch voyager with him every day. I was mad at him then, but rather grateful now. :D

My fanship (is that a word?) is in a renaissance period now with TOS.

Soooo....looking forward to being here, cheers!

4. kirsten187

Hello Artemis. I am rather new here too - well, a couple of weeks anyway. I hope you enjoy being here as much as I have.

5. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

I notice (and approve of) the recent influx of female members.

Glad tidings indeed. ;)

6. Eld Phaedrus

Eld Phaedrus Ensign Red Shirt

Hello everyone!

I've been a fan since the 80s, watching TOS in syndication on afternoon TV when I was 3 or 4. I love TNG and DS9, and most of Voyager. I look forward to discussing Trek with you all. Live long and prosper. *Vulcan salute*

7. Eld Phaedrus

Eld Phaedrus Ensign Red Shirt

Hello everyone!

I've been a fan since the 80s, watching TOS in syndication on afternoon TV when I was 3 or 4. I love TNG and DS9, and most of Voyager. I look forward to discussing Trek with you all. Live long and prosper. *Vulcan salute*

8. kirsten187

Hi, hope you're well. DO you have any favourite episodes / characters?

9. Feline Spine

Feline Spine Cadet Newbie

Hello fellow Trekkies!! New here, and excited to be able to converse about the ST universe! I have been feeling the need to join a forum and connect with nerds like me for some time now. So here I go!!!

10. Expendable

Expendable Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello everyone. Excited about posting on some trek issues. Looking forward to meeting everyone. :rommie:

11. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome aboard, Feline Spine and Expendable! Join in the fun and frivolity of TrekBBS. Be sure to check in at The Redshirt Lounge... a great place to get to know fellow board members!

12. Cm. Kora'Tor

Cm. Kora'Tor Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Aboard the USS Trinity (Sovereign class) AU
    Hullo, I did introduce myself in another thread, but why not do it again...Not exactly sure what to say, but here goes...

Most of you seem so friendly. :vulcan:

Well, I have been a fan of ST since um the 197-*cough* something. I go by 2 different names on the internet but Kora'Tor is my ST role name. I have a background for her as well. I know a little weird...but I write stories. *shruggs*

I am an Avid Doctor Who / Torchwood fan. *ducks* *looks around for flying debris*

Ok, Well, ah, I am a female Sci-Fi Geek and a horror movie buff.

I did like Enterprise much as many did not. To each their own...also liked the reboot of the Star Trek movie. I like alternate time lines and the like. (that is the way I write my stories...so it is a little off the beaten path.

OK, well I think I have taken up enough of your time...um, yeah so ah, glad to be here and...

OH, it was TiberiusMaximus who introduced me to this place.
    Thanks TM. :)

13. kirsten187

Cool, someone else who writes stories, although mine aren't alternate time line ones.

14. Cm. Kora'Tor

Cm. Kora'Tor Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Aboard the USS Trinity (Sovereign class) AU
    I write mine AU, so it gives me a little wiggle room for somethings that are not exactly canon. New characters and the like. :)

15. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I have something that needs to be said:

kirsten187, step up front... yes right here in front of all the troops. YOU ARE BEING SINGLED OUT!
    I made it my unofficial duty to welcome those who were new to TrekBBS. Little did I know that one of those young upstarts would commandeer that duty from me.
    Therefore,
    "For meritorious service above and beyond the call of duty, I, Rear Admiral Sector 7, hereby award to kirsten187, The StarFleet Medal of Honor."

I bet you thought you were in trouble, huh? The reason for this thread is to let new people introduce themselves AND to make them feel a welcome part of TrekBBS. I am proud to say that kirsten187 has done that and more. I no longer worry that someone will fall through the cracks when I cannot be online, because kirsten187 is there to offer that friendly welcome. THANK YOU!!

16. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

^ And you sir should get a Christmas Cookie for being so nice as well! :bolian:

And to everyone else... welcome!

17. kirsten187

Don't scare me like that! Thank you Rear Admiral, although I apologise for being (and I quote) "a young upstart" if that has annoyed you. It wasn't intentional.

18. Guitarded

Guitarded Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi, forum.

I've been a Star Trek fan for about a year now (after seeing the 2009 movie). My preferred show is TOS, as I know seasons one and two. I don't know a whole lot of Trekkies outside of my best friend, so I've been looking for a good community where I can discuss, well... everything. Looks like I've found one.

19. kirsten187

I think you have. I joined about a month ago and I was in a similar position, in the sense that it was my best friend who introduced me to Star Trek nearly 15 years ago. I only know a couple of other people who know anything about it, hence why I joined this forum. It's a cool place to be.

TOS is great. I started out with TNG but I really like DS9 too.

20. futureboy

futureboy Ensign Newbie

49 more posts til I get an Avatar - how awesome is that?
    After unleashing nerdrage over on an Enterprise thread, I thought I'd come here for a more balanced post.
    Star Trek is special to me; I grew up with TNG, matured right along with the franchise with DS9 and then went 'huh?' as Voyager threw everything from common sense to storytelling right out the window.
    But I'm not going to rant here; elsewhere, yes.
    I think what I love most about the two series -TNG and DS9- was how one painted an almost unrealistic, idealistic portrait of the future, and then the other challenged that vision, asked questions, prodded at the framework TNG had built to see if the structure would hold. And it did, I think, in the final analysis. DS9 showed that we weren't perfect, that we would always have something to overcome, but that that challenge would lead to growth.
    We must always grow, lest we stagnate; like, say, VOY & ENT. :)
    I'm pretty excited about the reboot, even as I worry about the beautiful philosophy getting pushed to the side. Only time will tell on that front, I suppose, though Star Trek: the Star Trek was a worthy start, and certainly better than anything we'd seen in years.
    So yeah, that's me; that's where I come from. Hello, hello, good to be here, thanks for having me.
    Live long, prosper, etc.
    48 posts til my avatar.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010