The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    If there's an attack on the prison, yeah, Beth (or any of the others I listed) would be likely targets to be killed off. She's certainly one of the show's most superfluous characters, albeit one who's actually had character development - she was the girl who wanted to commit suicide back in season two, if you remember that.

2. Kytee

Kytee Commander Red Shirt

I could see Beth being the one Carl is concerned for ; there is a budding romance that has been hinted at. I also think her death would be more significant then some of the other possibilities; she has strong connections to many in the group,

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i think it makes sense too...i didn't read the comics except vol. 2, which hinted at something developing...

And not to be mean, but her death would make the most sense for a mid-season finale....it's the end of season finale, where i would get real worried! (or,as this season showed, somewher eunexpected)

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, Beth does seem like the most likely target for death. Most of the other characters are still in the middle of arcs, and IMO it would be kind of crappy to kill them off without resolving them. I guess they could just resolve their arc and then kill them in this episode, though.

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Or the writers could go with the "that's life" attitude and have someone die without resolving their particular story arc.

6. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Or how about no more "shock" deaths for the remainder of the season? Try letting supporting characters live so their development can add to the story.

7. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^
    1. Zombie show.

2. You did see season two, right? This series does not do character development that well. It works much better as a plot driven zombie-infested violent apocalypse series.

8. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

the shocks aren't very effective if we don't care about the characters

9. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn Hollywood...must you be THAT predictable :rofl:

Andrea...oh Andrea...I've tried to defend you. Now you're coming off as too stupid to live.

10. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like it's to the geek gladiator circle for Dayle & Merle now. My money is on Daryl

11. shivkala

shivkala Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, we all knew it was coming, Oscar's dead. As soon as he got on the roof of the bus, I knew he was a goner. It's a shame as I thought they could have done so much for the show.

Having seen some scans of the comic book, I couldn't help but blurt out during the Michonne/Governor fight that they should be careful or someone would get their eye poked out.

Only having seen some scans and not having read the book, I got that Tyrese is a fan-favorite, but he didn't do much to convince me he's a worthy replacement for Oscar. The whole scene where they get locked it infuriated me, as, unless I missed something, they still haven't killed the soon-to-be-Walker. Good on Carl to lock them up and good on Tyrese for recognizing why he did it. Now kill that Walker-to-be! You know the mom who looks the same age as her son...

The preview showed the Governor in gladiator area coming out of smoke, so my money is on Rick's team getting in and trying to rescue Daryl, at least. Not sure about Merle. Maybe rescuing him from Woodbury would be enough to make him give up his anger at the group, or maybe not. I don't know that Rick should take the chance. On the other hand, leaving him there, well, if he survives, he's going to be twice as mad at the group, Rick especially, for leaving him to die twice.

12. Mojochi

Andrea

13. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

TWD is very strict on its one big black man at a time rule.

14. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

It has to be done in an intentionally humorous way.

15. Mojochi

BTW, can we finally give up on worrying about infection from anything but a geek bite? I've been saying it all along. They're playing it loose. So loose, that Michonne has her bashed open head smashed into a tank full of zombie oozing fluid

If you can't get infected by that, then the rules of blood born infection are out the window, folks. Get over it

16. TREK_GOD_1

...and the preview of the next half season shows her still on the side of the governor. Since the show does not follow the comics' plot down to the last detail, someone needs to kneecap Andrea just as she's cornered by a pack of walkers, and give audiences the best gift of all.

17. TREK_GOD_1

No kidding. The producers seem to think the viewers do not pick up on this strange phenomenon. The way this show is run, Glenn better hope another asian male does not show up, or his ass is grass. ;)

Thankfully, the speculation about Beth did not come to pass...at least at the moment. But with Carl's protective/crush behavior, no one in their right mind should go near Beth.

18. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

Beth's only 17? Carl is 12 or 13? In a couple of years, they're a viable couple. In a post apocalypse world, you start thinking that way. When he's 18 and she's 23....why not? I'd think a zombie apocalypse 18 year old is more mature than your average dumbass 18 year old. :lol:

Yeah, Andrea is disappointing me. Oh my God, they've got a plausible way to get Merle back into our primary group of intrepid zombie warriors. I can't believe it. You gotta give the writers credit. Once he gets back, he's gonna try and push Daryl around and find things have changed. Fascinating dynamic could be had all around.

19. TREK_GOD_1

I cannot see it working; he has nothing but hatred of Rick, and after the fight with Glenn and Maggie--essentially a would-be fight to the death--there's no way he can be a part of Rick's group, even if he helps Daryl escape from the governor.

20. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I can't see how he'll smooth things over with Glenn.