Halo: Reach

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by SPCTRE, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

ah, cool, I got my copy at the gamestop by the wal-mart on 29, yes, i'm back in P'cola, was just wondering if we got ours at the same place

2. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

You know, they should just let people buy the unlocks. I'm surprised their isn't a Bungie Super Pro subscription that lets you do that.

4. Servo

Man, I really hope the rumor that SWAT is getting its own playlist is true. I don't mind it, but it's not really my favourite game mode, and it gets annoying as hell when people geep voting for it in the Team Slayer playlists.

Today, I joined a lobby so I could play a bit of Slayer, and four times in a row the SWAT mode was voted. Whenever a SWAT gametype wasn't available, they just voted for "None of the Above" until a SWAT game came up. I left and tried joining other lobbies, but the same thing happened in about another five different lobbies. I ended up buggering off and playing Invasion for a while.

If people want to play nothing but SWAT, then fine. But at least put it in a seperate playlist, so those of us who want to play Slayer, or even Snipers, can do so.

5. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

100 percent agreed. I'm sick and tired of SWAT. While fun every once in a while, I picked up Halo Reach because of the full range of gameplay available. I WANT to be able to use the different armor abilities. I WANT to be able to use grenades. I WANT to have recharging shields. If I wanted to play a one hit kill headshot fest I would pick up rainbow six.

6. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

Seems to be true.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=28998

7. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Classic :lol:

8. Servo

9. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I might be able to get the Legendary Edition for $70. Worth it? Also, should I sell the Flaming Helmet code?

10. firehawk12

Well, that's almost what the base game costs new so... you might as well, although you'll probably regret having a statue. :lol

The helmet looks cool, but I'm sure you could make a pretty penny hocking it on eBay or something.

11. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

Why would I regret having the statue?

I was thinking of hocking the code on ebay; looks like it goes for $50 now.

12. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Tbh, the statue looks cool and everything, but i'd rather buy a collection of Noble Team action figs. That way I can get a Noble Six, they shouldnt take up much space and I can pose em how I want. Yeah, they'll probably cost a bunch, but they shouldnt be that much more than what I would've paid extra for the Legendary edition.

13. firehawk12

Well, I still regret the Halo 3 Cat Helmet. :lol:

14. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

got Lt. Colonel at last, next challenge, get the haunted helmet

15. Servo

Here's a complete list of the playlist changes...

Source: http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/05/h...ed-campaign-matchmaking-this-month/#continued

16. firehawk12

Oh wow, why would anyone even throw the core into a spawning location in Invasion Boneyard. Lovely.

17. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I know right? Those shield doors aren't really anywhere near the extraction point. Plus I didnt know you could even pass anything through them.

I must say though, I am glad they've changed the betrayal system. Yesterday I accidentally stuck like 4 people on my team in various games. Got booted once. I wish people would stop jumping in front of my grenades. :p

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

:lol::techman:

19. Rett Mikhal

Rett Mikhal Captain

I had the chance to test out the multiplayer at a buddy's house. I was pleasantly surprised. It really makes me remember what I liked best about Halo 1. My only real complaint is the controls are rather odd, but that was based on my controller settings. I was constantly hitting B to melee, forgetting it was the right bumper now. I still can't figure out how to change grenades.

I only got a chance to play three games, but it was a lot of fun. The maps are a big improvement over 3. There was not a single map in 3 that I liked.

20. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

B changes grenades. ;)