Who Do You Think is the Best Actor on Enterprise?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Ro_Laren, Jan 31, 2014.

?

Which Actor Did The Best Job Portraying their Enterprise Character?

1. Scott Bakula

9 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Jolene Blalock

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Connor Trinneer

25 vote(s)
    46.3%
  4. John Billingsley

12 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. Dominic Keating

3 vote(s)
    5.6%
  6. Linda Park

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  7. Anthony Montgomery

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. No one

1 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

Which main character actor do you think did the best job portraying their character on Enterprise? I never thought that anyone on this show really stuck out performance-wise & I'm curious to see what you guys think.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. Keith1701

Keith1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Scott Bakula for sure.

3. Lady Conqueror

Lady Conqueror Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I almost wish this was a multi-option poll so I could vote for both Connor Trinneer and John Billingsley. I eventually went with Connor but I don't think either of them put a foot wrong with the material they were given throughout the entire series.

4. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

John Billingsley

Scott Bakula did better work on Quantum Leap and Connor Trinneer was good on Stargate Atlantis, but Billingsley did the best job on ENT.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I voted for Connor but had Billingsly been given more to do I probably would have voted for him. Certainly they are both great :D

6. JesdenScott

JesdenScott Ensign Newbie

First time posting here, but I loved this show and Connor was the first to come to mind on this. I actually walked away from my first time watching the series (merely a couple weeks ago) and wondered if that actor had been in anything else worth checking out. Usually that's a sign that I enjoyed their performance. Likeable character for sure.

I'm also in agreement that Billingsly was a close second too. At first I wasn't real fond of him but after a while and some episodes that focused more on him, we got to see some good stuff from him. I always loved the cheeky humor with him and his "pets" and that ridiculous grin of his. I liked the fact that he was sort of an "observer" of human behavior but not the old tired Star Trek cliche of someone who's not only observing but "trying to be more" human. Phlox was true to his people and his beliefs even if he did adapt to a few human customs.

Keating wasn't too bad either! That episode with him and Connor trapped in a shuttle pod? Loved that one!

7. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

^Welcome to Trek BBS JesdenScott.

I voted for Scott Bakula but I may be biased due to Quantum Leap.

8. jespah

jespah Taller than a Hobbit Moderator

Welcome JesdenScott!

I showed Keating some love; he just needed more to do. Truth is, the way the show was set up, and how it progressed, it was so 'Big Three'-centric that Billingsley, Keating, etc. got really short shrift. Sort of like the Gilligan's Island theme in the beginning of that show, where they sing "... and the rest" rather than later, when they sing, "... the Professor and Mary Ann". ENT did the reverse, it seemed. Billingsley in particular was shut out in favor of Blalock.

9. JesdenScott

JesdenScott Ensign Newbie

Which is a shame. I think Blalock became a bit more "interesting" as the show went on, especially with her "infection" and her constant battle with emotional restraint. That was something she really seemed to push hard for the audience to notice in the end. Which is great, but regardless of the drama there, it just didn't click with me. It seemed like she was a one-trick pony, either coldly unemotional or in a constant state of emotional turmoil underneath. The latter makes for a more interesting Vulcan but I guess I've just never really enjoyed any Vulcan like Spock. Tuvok annoyed the shit out of me through the entire Voyager series mainly due to his voice. Honestly,the guy who played the Vulcan Ambassador was a more interesting Vulcan than Blalock.

With that being said, is it just me or does "Blalock" actually sound like a canon-worthy Vulcan name? lol

10. Lucky

Lucky Captain Captain

This is tough. I love Scott Bakula, his work is always fantastic, and he did a great job on Enterprise given the material. But I voted for Connor Trinneer because if I'm just judging them by this show, Connor's acting is what I was most impressed with. They have him a wider range of things to play than Bakula, like the pain of losing a child in Terra Prime/Demons.

11. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I voted for Connor Trinneer.I liked his character and thought he and John Biilingsley worked well in together Similtude.I like the other actors who were on Enterprise. I just wish the other had gotten more storyarcs more things to do during space missions develop the other characters .Show them excel at their jobs.Things they liked to do on duty and off more than than the ocassional movie night.

12. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

An actual toss up between Connor and Billingsley but because of what we actually saw on Ent, I give the nod to Trinneer. Linda Park, an actor who seemed to have chemistry with whomever she was paired with and had a few great dramatic and comedic moments, gets an honorable mention behind Billingsley.

13. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Connor. Best acting and portrayal of character. Also most empathetic.

But I love Jolene's evolving interpretation also.

14. Isolinear

Isolinear Commander Red Shirt

Voted Trinneer, although Trip is not my favorite character. Billingsley is great as well.

Bakula is... ok, but his delivery is a bit wooden from time to time. Sometimes I got the feeling he was reading his lines from a teleprompter instead of acting.

Blalock, Keating and Park are 'ok' too. Montgomery is Enterprise's Garrett Wang. Not terrible, but not very good either.

15. Plomeek Broth

Plomeek Broth Commander Red Shirt

I like Trip but am surprised at the love of the acting chops.

Picard he ain't.

I didn't really think anyone in ENT stuck out but would say Bakula and Billingsley were the most competent.

I start every phrase in real life with Perhaps due to T'Pol.

16. Dale Sams

Dale Sams Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

All this across the board love for the actors (Except poor Mayweather, natch)...and yet people laughed at me when I said that ENT has the best acting *across the board* of any regular cast.

DS9 is brought down by Avery and the fact that the best ones weren't regulars (sorry Avery I still love you though and you certainly had some great eps)...If I included Garak, and Damar, and all the semi-recurring guys, it'd be DS9 easily.

TOS has the big three and maybe they'd rate the best if the minors were given a chance to shine.

VOY simply didn't give the cast enough to shine with.

17. HopefulRomantic

HopefulRomantic Mom's little girl Moderator

For me, this was a difficult choice, because I'm one of those who thinks this was a talented cast across the board.

There are such standout performances - Blalock in "Awakenings" and "E2," Trinneer in "Similitude" and "The Forgotten," Billingsley in "Terra Prime" and "Similitude" and many others, the entire cast in "Observer Effect."

But I chose Bakula, because he made me laugh in "Babel One" and blink back tears with "OE" and "Twilight" and "Similitude," and there was all of Season 3 plus "Home," and the Vulcan trilogy, and episodes that aren't readily mentioned like "Singularity" and "Civilization," and I could go on forever about this. I connected with Archer more because of Bakula's work. The character wasn't written consistently, but I think Bakula did a great job with what he was given.

The rest of the cast's endless admiration for him was always cool to read about too. And of course I will always worship Scott for his stellar work in Quantum Leap.

18. Isolinear

Isolinear Commander Red Shirt

Trinneer would have been perfect as captain. To me he's more like a proto-Kirk than Bakula.

I think Bakula would have worked better as a 'wise old' Vulcan advisor (sort of what Tuvok was supposed to be). But then he wouldn't have accepted the role I suppose.

19. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

We're still laughing. The question people are responding to in this thread is, who do we think the best actor is on Enterprise, not in all of the Trek TV shows.

20. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

I never thought of that before, but I agree! :techman: