Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Well, I've been pretty rough on my Enterprise-C, as you can tell :P

2. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

I also did this to my Negh'Var. (That sounds dirty)

[​IMG]

3. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

My ships only get the worst treatment when I glue their parts back together. I like how you added the missing impulse engine on the 1701-C but the painting looks heavy-handed. Did you use Revell/Monogram equipment?

To repaint them actually opens the door for quite a few interesting options. Imagine styling some Fed ships as mirror counterparts, or turning the Romulan bird-of-prey into Vulcan and Reman versions. Somebody might turn the T'liss into the Flea Ship from Voyager. Am I forgetting an option?

4. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Nah, but I was using some stupidly thick enamel which was really unsuitable for it, as it was the only grey paint I had at the time.

I've since gone and picked up some craft enamel which is far more friendly and has a far better consistency. I'm going to redo that C though, and print a new lower saucer which instead goes over the top of the insert, and thickens the saucer a couple mm, as the saucer rim on the model as is is far too thin. I'll be using the newer paint I've got on that though, so hopefully the finish will be better.

5. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, not really impressed by the picture of that one. That might be one Klingon ship I miss out on. I'd love a D5 though, that's a great design.

I was just thinking, what are the most prominent ships in the franchise yet to be announced?
    The Breen ship stands out in my mind, with how often it was seen in the last few DS9 episodes. And probably the Xindi-Reptilian ship too. Other than those are there that many left that weren't just one offs?

6. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Most of the Major Races that have had original designs have got something released.

Suliban Nothing released with at least 3 or 4 possible ships
    Kazons Nothing released with 3 to 5 possible ships
    Vidian's (though i don't think they have any original ships, I think both are modified forms of other ships)
    The Son'a don't currently have any ships scheduled.
    Xindi - 4 races various ships have not been made. All made multiple episode appearances.
    Tellerites - One ship, major race, apparently but rarely shown, and its ship is just one of the Xindi Ships.
    Bajoran Military No release (solar Sailor isn't military or government to my knowledge) - One at least possible out of the 4 possible that i am aware of.

That's about all I can think of for major races. Though there are many one offs for Voyager, and several races that have several ships that haven't been made or chosen that are original that I would really love to see.

had several original models created that haven't been picked such as the pirate Ship used in dS9, and the two part TNG Gambit. The ship used by the Tallarians in Darmok or the modified form in DS9 Armageddon Game is another great model that I would love to see.

Not to mention several various stations and shuttles outside any that have been mentioned as possibilities. I mean seriously they don't even mention Regula One (have once mentioned they liked Sisko base of operation which is just a sawed off portion of Regula One (or the flipped version of station in shown in motion Picture).

7. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Most of the Suliban ships aren't very impressive looking. I don't dislike them, but there's a lot other ones I'd give priority to.

I'm not terribly interested in any Kazon ships. I have them in Micro Machine form, anyway. It probably doesn't help that none of them were ever made it CG form.

There were two. The first (seen in "Phage") was yet another redress of the Merchantman (and I'd STILL like a Merchantman!). The second, I believe a new design, was seen in "Deadlock" and again in "Fury" (which is handy, because that that episode was well into the CG era).

I think I remember reading somewhere that the Son'a ships were designed by some different company than most of the others, so there might be some issues there.

I thought it was kind of strange that Degra's ship and the Reptilian ship, which were the two most common ships, I believe, still aren't on the list.

Yeah, I'm not sure whether that's one they should market at Arboreal or as Tellarite. I really wish they hadn't reused that one so soon, but I'd probably lean towards having it be Tellarite.

Most Bajoran ships were reuses of the stock alien ships. I heard they're doing the small raider, though I'd like the larger winged ship that was pursuing it in "The Siege".

The Miradorn/"Gambit" ship and the Tamarian/Klaestron/T'Lani ship wouldn't be bad, though the latter's been modified a LOT, so you'd have to decide how you want it to look. Again, personally, I'd like some ships that the Micro Machines set didn't cover Also, neither was ever CG, as I recall.

Regula 1 is another one I would've liked. Kind of indifferent about shuttles.

8. Ethros

Rather than ships of prominent races, I kinda more meant just prominent ships in general. ie their screen time.

Anyway, the Armored Voyager is out today in the UK. I said I wasn't gonna bother with this one, but I have zero willpower, so picked it up. She is pretty cool actually

9. Starscream2112

Starscream2112 Captain Captain

I would like to see the Doomsday Machine. Also that star base that was destroyed at the first of ST: the Motion Picture.

10. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Just canceled my subscription.

No problem with the models. Some are better than others, but I'm enjoying them all. Really enjoy reading up on them in the magazines.

Will resume my quest to own them all after the start of the year probably.

11. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I love the ships and appreciate all of the work and research done for each release, but I'm running out of space and I'm not sure that I get $40 of enjoyment out of them per month anymore. I still have my subscription, but after the Borg cube arrives I may cancel my subscription.

12. t_smitts

I think the Breen ship, the Reptilian ship, and Degra's ship are probably the most prominent that haven't been covered or announced yet (not counting stations or shuttles).

13. Ethros

^ Yeah, probably those and the Kazon Raider. I forgot about that.

So why have you cancelled it then? Sorry, I don't really get your post.

14. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

Money?

15. t_smitts

From the Facebook page...

I assume the Dominion War ships are the Breen ship (at last!) and the Jem'Hadar battleship. What else could they possibly be?

Civilian Fed is probably the Raven or a slim chance of being the remastered Aurora.

16. Ethros

Could be the The Federation Attack Fighter. Basically two of those three that I can think of anyway.

17. t_smitts

Oh yeah! How did I miss that? I'd really like anything that had anything to do with the Dominion War.

18. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

News ships are:
    66-SS Raven
    67-Federation Fighter
    68-Breen Warship
    69-TOS Klingon D7
    70-Voth City Ship

19. Ethros

And working it out, these will be their respective UK release dates-

66 SS Raven- 18th February 2016
    67 Klingon D7- 3rd March 2016
    68 Federation Fighter- 17th March 2016
    69 Breen Warship- 31st March 2016
    70 Voth City Ship- 14th April 2016

Loooong wait.
    The Federation Fighter & Breen Warship will be definite pick ups for me, probably the Raven too. I'll wait to see how the others look on preview pics.

Also with these Voyager now overtakes Enterprise with the most number of ships for a series. (though TNG would be the winner if you include the TNG movies)

20. t_smitts

Well that probably has to do with having seven seasons, as opposed to four. :wah:

That said, I think many of the "Enterprise" ships are more memorable because so many of them belonged to races we familiar with, rather than aliens-of-the-week, i.e. new Vulcan, Klingon, Romulan, and Tholian ships, plus ships for races who'd never had ships before like the Andorians and Tellarites (even if the latter was a recycle of a recently-used ship design, something that bothers me to this day).