Spider-Man movie (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Turtletrekker, Jul 2, 2010.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Namor is going to be the villain in Star Trek 2.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

So there are going to be sneak peek events on Feb 6th in various cities around the world.

A friend got me tickets to the one in London, I don't know if any of you are close to these cities but here's the website

There's no details of what it actually entails but I'm excited!

4. Admiral_Young

I wouldn't be surprised if this was just Sony taking the Warner Bros "The Dark Knight Rises" route and showing a few minutes from the film. They're still doing reshoots right now in New York City so the film isn't complete yet. An interesting marketing move. I think the TDKR prologue had more screening cities as well.

5. trekkiebaggio

Yeah the tickets are free so I'm not expecting anything massive. It'll still be cool though, hopefully get some merchandise or something.

6. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

I will probably something similar to what "Avatar" and "Tron: Legacy" did - a 20 minutes or so presentation.

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

http://www.scriptflags.com/ has a pic of Spidey in his battle-worn costume. Looks like this movie might also be going down the route of 'Spidey removes mask when the going gets tough'

8. Admiral_Young

Yeah that's a good bet, although it could also be a promotional shot as well since we've already seen tons of pics with Peter maskless. We've seen one of him with Gwen too holding each other. I can easily see the battle scarred image as a toy variant.

9. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Say... wouldn't it make more sense for Spiderman to wear an armored suit?

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

But would he be able to do the crazy acrobatics that are so closely associated with him in an armored suit? Unlikely, I would imagine.

11. Captaindemotion

12. CosmicQuestion

CosmicQuestion Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I got one last word about The Mighty Namor! (heh)

Ya know, Namor's been tryin to get them to do a movie about him for years with no luck. I recently spoke to Namor about all the millions made by the lastest superhero movies, of which he was apparently unaware. After gaining this information he went down to Sony (or was it Universal..) studios to have a little chat. This is how it went down.

[​IMG]

13. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's because the actors insist on a certain amount of "face time". It's ego.

14. Admiral_Young

@CosmicQuestion you're posting in the wrong thread...Marvel Studios owns the rights to Namor right now. I have no idea why you keep posting in a Spider-Man thread about this particular character who is not going to be in this film.

Also as discussed in other threads the movies like to promote the actors and they can't do that with their mask on, even though said movie deals with a masked character! I know crazy right??

15. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*groan*

16. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Spidey's outfit should literally be a cheap store bought piece of crap.

I'd mark the hell out if someone made a big budget Spidey film with this as the costume:

[​IMG]

17. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

The whole "unmasking at the end revealing the actor" just helps with the audience connecting with the main character's struggles

Would you connect better with someone in a mask or a human face?

It's the final showdown between villain and hero. The hero unmasks and we see the true person underneath the mask and his hardships.

18. CosmicQuestion

CosmicQuestion Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

If the hero reveals his indentity does that mean the villain has to die? I suppose noone would believe a giant crazed talking lizard though. Since Dr. Connors is on good terms with Parker maybe they could be allies once he's cured.

As for the costume, I always liked the original one from the comics with the underarm webs.

19. trekkiebaggio

^Or they could do it so Curt isn't aware of what happens when he's The Lizard.

20. Captaindemotion

I agree with Samurai in this case. 'Face-time' and ego might apply where you have a big star (eg Stallone in Dredd) but Andrew Garfield wouldn't have had much clout when cast in this movie. If he'd insisted on mask-less shots that the makers didn't want, they'd just have said 'thank you very much' and moved onto the next newbie, dying to land the role of Mr Parker.