TNG-R - Replaceing Mattes

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by FreddyE, Oct 7, 2011.

1. GNDN

GNDN Commodore Commodore

Lol at Yuta :techman:

But hey, at least that would give Riker some actual motivation to KILL her (sorry this scene has always really bothered me since first airing)

Haven't read the press release yet, but if there is indeed a commitment to preserve the filmed effects elements as I glean from this thread, then that is awesome. I would also be in favor of replacing lesser or re-used mattes as these were some of the most effective and least jarring 'upgrades' to the TOS 'Remaster'.

Any inkling as to whether there will be an alternate effects track available as with TOS BLU? I'm thinking not. It would be fun to have a 'purist' version and a 'go-nuts' version, but it's clear that cost will be the limiting factor.

So looking forward to this assuming it's done well, and so far so good from the sound of it!

2. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

It would be no problem to add better atmospheres and clouds and stuff there, I guess.

3. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

Might be worth trying, if the quality of the slides is good enough. One of the problems with the TNG planets is that they look rather pixelated and blurry like some 90s video game FMV.