Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, good point....

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

1920s information technology was so pathetic that stuff cold be hidden easily.

Besides, if one woman barehanded destroyed 50 US Army Tanks, No one was going to find out about it.

Maybe she did something that destroyed the stockmarket?

Maybe she did it on purpose because man's world pissed her off?

A smart enough person with the right resources could easily murder the global economy.

Maybe that was her mission?

To destabilize the warlike nations of man's world so that they are never so organized or equipped again to start another World War?

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

If the first movie takes place in the 1920s, and that's her mission, she did a pretty shitty job of it.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'm sure there's some issue she can address without it being a known event. And maybe we'll see her going incognito as Diana Prince part of the time. I can't imagine them ignoring anything from Man of Steel let alone something as big as Superman's arrival.

5. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Maybe she'll come to Man's World to represent Paradise Island in the League of Nations...that should go splendidly!

Hmm...did newsreels have sound yet...?

6. Guy Gardener

The Jazz Singer was 1927, but that was synced sound.

Wikipedia says that news reels started in 1908.

It started in he 1930s, but the dust bowl would have been interesting to blame on he Greek Gods having a war in the middle of America that was hard to find a vantage point on.

7. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Nucky could make some good use of Diana in the 20's to run some booze. Or she could work for Ness.

8. Guy Gardener

Why does Ness look just like Jonathan Kent?

9. darkshadow0001

darkshadow0001 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

She could just have a small role like others have said.

10. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Suffragette movement was closely tied to teetotaling and Prohibition (alcohol, it was argued, caused drunkenness and drunk men abused their wives more so than sober men). Wonder Woman would probably side with the Suffragettes over bootleggers on this issue.

11. davejames

Yeah as long as she wasn't battling any worldwide alien invasions or having her picture plastered all over the newspapers, I think they could probably get away with the idea just fine.

Besides, in MOS most of the talk was really about this being mankind's first encounter with an alien being and not so much it's first encounter with a super-powered one. So I think that allows a bit of wiggle room to have a powerful Amazonian kicking ass back in the 1920s.

12. Professor Zoom

It's not ignoring his arrival. It's ignoring that he's the first super powered being.

But, then, maybe they didn't explicitly state that he was. I don't remember from the fever dream of images and tremendous disappointment.

13. davejames

Lol. Yes we get it already, you guys didn't like MOS.

14. Professor Zoom

:)

15. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I liked it!

Lol

We already have an older/established Batman in the MOS-verse. Having WW be an active hero before Supes isn't that problematic. People (the populace in the films) will probably take Superman as the first public superhero. Which in most DC iterations (New 52, Post-COIE, Pre-Crisis, Golden Age) Supes is the first costumed hero to debut/go public. Perks of being DC's flagship character and all. Outside of Gotham no one believes Batman exists. Even though Bruce was actively heroing before Clark, and is usually depicted as being older than Clark by a few years. WW, GL, Flash and others trickle out after Supes.

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I love the idea of WW films set in the past. I don't think it causes any continuity issues with MOS.

Firstly, I don't think that anything was said onscreen in that film that rules out the events of such movies or adventures having taken place in the past of that onscreen universe.

Secondly, given that the events of those films will have occurred in an era before instant accessible photography etc, it may be that by the time Clark arrived on earth they have been dismissed by historians etc as being rumours, urban myths and plain nonsense. Like how Han Solo and others were dismissive of the Force in the Star Wars OT, even though Jedi were commonplace in the PT.

17. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funny how they're on board with a Wonder Woman set in the past when that was the precise reason they kicked Joss Whedon off the project...

18. Guy Gardener

Diana did something horrible, I'm thinking it involved a mass grave, so she quickly left man's world before the heat bore down.

19. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

How many people from that time are still actively involved? IIRC, Joel Silver was to produce back then but I'm not sure he's still connected. And there have been some changes of personnel at WB since then.

If I remember, one of the things Joss said after parting ways was that he had no idea what to do with the character because those who hired him has no idea what they wanted him or anyone else to do with it.

20. davejames

Well from the sound of it, Whedon was just having too hard a time getting a handle on the character. And seemed to be aiming for a slightly less conventional type of Wonder Woman story than the WB probably wanted.