Iron Man 3 Discussion/Photos/ETC.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by captcalhoun, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I was thinking more of the first LW, the scene where Gary Busey shot Murtagh's old mate dead from a helicopter attach on a beachfront house. Shane Black wrote LW but none of its sequels. But yeah, I guess there's a LW2 vibe too.

2. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

The first trailer was moodier, This latest trailer was more typical.

Oh well

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

How so? The one scene where he gets shitfaced at the party and proceeds to fight Rhodey is a result of his fear of dying and wanting to go out with a bang.

While that has certain psychological elements of alcoholism it wasn't central to his movie or rather people have never called him out for his excessive drinking.. he was just this talented playboy and it was customary to drink with such a lifestyle.

What i'm talking about is real, realized alcoholism.. not being able to function without being buzzed, alienating friends through the abuse and just slacking off. As i said it would be nice to have this explored in future movies but i guess his mental problems in IM3 will be solved by the end of the movie.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Terrance Howard's disagreements with Marvel killed his career

http://thegrio.com/2013/03/05/holly...rd-claims-iron-man-debacle-killed-his-career/

5. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, yes. I was of course thinking of the helicopter attack on Riggs' trailer from LW2. Shane Black did write the original script for this first sequel, but what we got was no longer his baby. If Shane Black had gotten his way, there would have been no LW3 or LW4, because Riggs would have died at the end of LW2.

Makes me wonder if there'll be an important casualty in IM3.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2013
  6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

My guess would be Happy. He's dead in the comics as well. If so, then he sadly never gets to shack up with Pepper as per the comics.

7. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

But even if they kill off a character, how do we know that character will stay dead?

I'm looking at you, Coulson. :klingon:

8. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My guess is that - if some of the rumors are true and Stark goes off into space to help set up the Guardians of the Galaxy movie - or Thor 2 - which is really more my guess as to the purpose of the Space Armor - since it seems like each Marvel movie since Iron Man 2 has helped to set up the next movie in the line. Like IM2 set up Thor. Thor set up Captain America. Captain America set up Avengers. Avengers set up Iron Man 3. And since Thor 2 is coming out this fall - my money's on Iron Man trying to find a way to get to Asgard. Which could always mean he also bumps into the Guardians of the Galaxy.

So I'm thinking maybe the "Tragic" thing would be him and Pepper not really "Breaking up" but leaving her for a while to get his head straight.

I'm not entirely sure we'll get a Rescue armored Pepper though - closest I think she'll get to a suit is one of his. But maybe we'll see a set up like they did in the "Most Wanted" arc where she gets mad and throws a vase at the wall and the wall opens up and there's a shiny new Rescue armor waiting for her and just leave it vague if she actually puts it on and uses it.

The Iron Legion "spoiler" some one mentioned I suppose could work - after all Stark only really used the "Legion" controlled by his Extremis a couple of times in the comics before they both trashed a bunch of his suits so he didn't have that many to call on anymore and then after the Skrull invasion, the Extremis was pretty much wiped out. Bleeding Edge was a new system. As I recall his explaination was.

"Extremis was the OS. But without Extremis, I'm still Extremis class hardware."

So while he had this super armor that hid in the hollows of his bones and instead of just the undersheath he had with the original Extremis, he had the entire suit inside of him and could reconfigure it all kinds of ways. Something, while very cool at the time, coming out of the old Extremis comics - I'm glad they eventually did away with and had him back to regular old suits. Almost seemed to make him too powerful in a way. Sure they could put an inhibitor thingy on his Arc reactor but even so.

Although my big question is - with all the suits he built between Avengers and Iron Man 3 - do you think he used other workers to help? I mean, he's got a weapons manufacturing plant at his disposal and since the first Iron Man movie - I'm sure that production is not where it was before he became Iron Man - so I'm sure there are plenty of workers who are skilled enough and background checked enough and loyal enough to help Stark build parts and elements for his suits.

A few suits built in his home fabricator - okay. I can buy that. If I had a robot controlled CnC machine and a JARVIS system, sure okay. But I seriously doubt that he could have built every single one of those suits by himself in his lab and still have time to keep Pepper happy and gallavant around as a super hero every so often.

I'd actually think it'd be a cool break from the comics where new armor just magically seemed to appear from nothing in the span of an issue and actually have real people working on the suits or at least building parts of them. Heck just making under armor armature alone has to be a bit time consuming. Even for a genius, it was still hinted that it took him almost a month or so to build the Mark 2 and 3 in the garage. So even if they say Iron Man 3 was a year - which I know they aren't - after Avengers - that's still maybe 10-12 armors - which is implied that there's far more than a dozen. And that's saying that Tony and Pepper spend only a few hours a day together and he eats every meal in his garage, never showers and never goes out.

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Why would he need a plant and workers? He has JARVIS the magic AI that miraculously builds anything he can dream up after a few hours.

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

This is so that the talkbackers in Aint It Cool News can identify with him.

11. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

QFTW

12. Samurai8472

He could have started building between Iron Man 1 and Iron Man 2

[​IMG]

13. Flying Spaghetti Monster

14. Samurai8472

Before the latest trailer this might have been a spoiler but we know there's going to be an armor after the Mark 42

[​IMG]

It's the heart breaker armor.

Still not sure how I feel about Ben Kingsley's Mandarin driving around in a Lego SUV :p

The other lego set spoils

Pepper temporarily using the Mark 42 to escape the Malibu attack

15. Samurai8472

16. Flying Spaghetti Monster

[​IMG]
    looks like an actual photo form the film

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Looks more like a fan manip to me especially the way Paltrow's head has been pasted on the armour...although that doesn't mean we won't see Pepper as Rescue in the film. They talked about it briefly at SDCC last year.

18. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I think it's real, well, real enough in a fictional story full of CGI!

If in doubt, take a look at this International Trailer found by the wonderful team at SFX
    and you'll see Ms Potts in a suit!

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow. Okay...I take back what I said in my previous post then. That looked awesome.

20. Samurai8472

Photo is fake. It's Paltrow's head manipped on RDJ's head during "Iron Man 2" skydive scene

[​IMG]

A lego comic strip detailing the actual spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/JoUug2m.jpg

Stark directs the suit to Pepper to shield her and Rebecca Hall's character as the house collapses .

Pepper than redirects it back to Stark