Your Star Trek Online Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timofnine, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dancing Doctor

Dancing Doctor Admiral Admiral

I think so...

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, if you're not certain, I'm Vice Admiral Akarian, part of the TrekBBS Armada.

3. Dancing Doctor

Now I can look you up. I kept thinking "Crap, what if he got turned into an Undine or a sehlat or something?" :D

4. Amaris

I was a targ momentarily, but I got better. :D

5. Dancing Doctor

I've been a targ, a Talarian Hook Spider, an Undine, a le-matya, and one of those dog-like snow creatures from TUC.

6. Amaris

Yeah, I kept hoping for Horta but it just wasn't happening.

7. Dancing Doctor

Oh well. Maybe the 435.39982 time is the charm.

8. Amaris

HA. Yeah. :D

9. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

Picked up an even better souvenir from last night: a promotion!

[​IMG]

"My friends...we've come home."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

"Let's see what she's got."

Edit: And I didn't even need to use the XP booster, either.

10. Dancing Doctor

This is awesome. :D

11. Dancing Doctor

Sehlat Me says hi:

[​IMG]

12. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

Aww so cute!

13. Dancing Doctor

I know, right? I kept hoping to become a sehlat...and I did, finally!

My STO character (in human form) dancing the sidestep:
    [​IMG]

My STO character (from behind) dancing. Notice the two Borg females (in silver and gold) dancing with each other:
    [​IMG]

14. Excelsior

Excelsior Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Got to admit, I'd let my sub die out around September - got back on the ol' Xbox instead, and immersed myself in Mass Effect/Mass Effect 2. Game wasn't feeling enough like Star Trek to keep me interested, and there were so many jarring inconsistencies with the feel of canon Trek that suspension of disbelief just wasn't possible anymore.

Case in point - the wildly inaccurate Sol system, and the ugly, un-Starfleet Earth Spacedock:

[​IMG]

Ick. Not liking that one bit. :(

However, all the hype about 'new ESD interiors' and all the new C-Store content got me hyped, and with the Anniversary event underway (plus a massive C-Store sale!), I re-subbed, just to see what the fuss was about...

[​IMG]

Yup. That's me in my new command, the museum ship USS Challenger (NX-91003), recreating the classic shot from 'The Search for Spock'.

It's all looking really cool, and really 'Trek'-y now - much more how I imagined it'd look when I first bought the game. 'Sector space' now looks more like proper Warp travel, especially with the 'astrometrics' display turned off (a clever bit of repurposing, there - kudos, Cryptic!):

[​IMG]

See what I mean? That looks like Star Trek, doesn't it? And mighty fine it is to, IMO! ;)

Missons have improved, too - particularly liked the Devidian Featured Episodes, since there was so much more to them than just combat. At last, STO plays out like a Starfleet career, rather than just WoW with lasers. That, and time-travel is always cool - particularly when you get to play fast and loose with history...:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bet Sisko wishes he'd done that, eh? ;) And the uniform was pretty much mandatory - needed to blend in, after all. Plus it goes amazingly with my new set of vintage (yet fully-functional!) phasers - a Type-1 module, a Type-3 rifle and the iconic Type-2 pistol:

[​IMG]

Neat, eh? I'm really digging this game again - can't wait to try tonight's Featured Episode with the new flyable shuttle! More screenshots coming soon, including some unfortunate disco hi-jinks with His Omnipotence himself...

15. Excelsior

OK, waiting for the server to go up again so I can get shuttles for my other characters (Malor and my Klingon, Torlek) - here's some more screenshots...

First up, a couple of homages, using the USS Challenger. Here's an attempt at recreating the NX-01's flight to Andoria in 'The Aenar':

[​IMG]

Original image, for comparison's sake:
    http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/en/images/f/fd/Andoria.jpg

Similarly, Challenger in drydock, Earth orbit:

[​IMG]

Wallpaper by Tobias Richter:
    http://www.thelightworks.com/images/gallery/wall/lrg/wp_startrek_nx_1280_10.jpg

Challenger plus my two shuttles (both now flyable!) - the Type-8 Pioneer, and the Delta Flyer Armstrong (again with the spaceflight references...):

[​IMG]

(Note the red glow - 'evasive manoeuvres' seems to supercharge the NX's impulse engines, which is rather cool)

Meanwhile, my Cardassian Malor has been on the receiving end of Q Junior:

[​IMG]

After getting a little ...'forthright' in Club 47, he's quickly shown why you really, really shouldn't pick on a godlike being - particularly one with a capricious streak. Nursing his pride, Malor heads back to the dancefloor, hoping that the 'side-effects' wear off soon:

[​IMG]

I've heard of people having 'two left feet', but four? Mind you, should make doing the moves for 'YMCA' should be a bit more interesting like this! ;)

16. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

TrekBBS Armada new Fleet Leader uniforms:
    [​IMG]

17. Angelsilhouette

Angelsilhouette Lieutenant Red Shirt

Ooooh, I missed the type 1, where do you get a type 1?

18. Igard

Igard Lieutenant Red Shirt

Great screenshots Excelsior.

Timelord, those uniforms are stunning.

19. Excelsior

It's the reward for replaying 'Past Imperfect' (the mission with the Enterprise, the Guardian of Forever and Miral Paris) - part of the cool new system whereby replaying old missions earns you interesting new items.

Here it is in game - packs quite a punch, and looks really stylish. Nice and discreet, too... ;)

[​IMG]

Igard - thanks! Glad you like 'em - I find that one of the best things about this game is how good-looking it is. Perfect fodder for setting up some sweet screenshots!

Speaking of which, I really, really need to upload all the ones from the latest Featured Episode - the Vault is simply mind-boggling to look at. :drool:

20. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I plan on upgrading my graphics card this week (ordering it tonight)... currently I'm only playing on an intel chipset, so the graphics are not stunning and occasionally lag. Once I upgrade, I'll try to post before and after pics.

With the mission replay option, can we replay featured episodes? I want to play the new series, but don't want to wait until the new graphics card arrives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.