Your latest purchases, cont.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Goliath, Oct 20, 2010.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I think I will get my sister some satin pajamas for her birthday. With the divorce and three kids, she deserves a little luxury.

2. SPOCKED

SPOCKED Admiral Premium Member

For everything... there is a YouTube ;)

3. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

Ah, good old Expert Village. If you ever need to learn how to do anything, check them out - I'm sure they have what you need.

4. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

:cool: :techman:

5. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I bought jeans online because I know my size at that store, and I bought a dress and some lounge/sleepwear on a whim as well. They turned out to be shockingly flattering! Thinking about going back for more, considering they're having a sale on top of the already reduced price.

It's such a pleasant surprise when clothes look better than expected on you.

Sorry to hear she's going through a rough time. My sis and I bought some luxe type pjs for a friend once and they are her favorite even now, years later. I'm sure your sis will appreciate your present.

6. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

The last month has seen me buying a glut of new albums including:

Jane's Addiction - The Great Escape Artist
    Bjork - Biophylia
    Battles - Gloss Drop
    Ry Cooder - Pull Up Some Dust and Sit Down
    Anthrax - Worship Music
    Glen Campbell - Ghost on the Canvas

I also bought The Fly on Blu Ray.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

LaCie Minimus 2TB external hard drive

8. auntiehill

Actually, things are looking up for her. She's dating someone who is treating her really, really well. The only problem is her douche-bag ex won't file the final divorce papers, even though he was the one who ended the marriage.

9. Tora Ziyal

Tora Ziyal Vice Admiral Admiral

This nifty tweed jacket.

Edited to add a note to Holdfast: I know what I'm planning to wear this with, but I'd love to hear your take on it. The tweed is black, brown and a little pale grey. I normally don't wear brown -- not flattering with my coloring -- but mixed with the other colors, it works. Kind of looks like my hair -- dark "brown and a little pale grey". ;)

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  10. YorkieDixie

YorkieDixie Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Couple of cd's and a dvd

11. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

BATTLEFIELD 3!!!!

12. auntiehill

Found a Belleek mug to get for my mother-in-law. It has little shamrocks on it and says "Herself" on it.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I got inFamous: Festival of Blood from the PS store yesterday.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

My usual Starbucks drink, a 3-shot mocha

15. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I took my girlfriend out to dinner for her birthday.

16. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Oh, I also got some camera apps for my iPhone. I know, I know, I'm a damn dirty hipster. Live with it.

17. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

More comics....

Batman: Dark Victory
    Batman: Haunted Knight
    Infinite Crisis

18. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I bought a new umbrella today, a Fulton 11, since one of our umbrellas went missing. It's a small but hopefully reliable thing.

[​IMG]

19. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

I like it, as a piece. No real advice apart from keeping it casual (I'm dreadful with ladieswear advice - it's so much harder than menswear - so you're better off getting advice from the girls here).

Annoyingly, I've had to order a new laptop. My current one is about 6 years old now, and over the past year or two has become increasingly temperamental in a few little ways but nothing terminal. A couple of weeks ago, as I mentioned upthread, I tripped over a cable which at the time appeared only to damage the speakers. But since then, every handful of boots or so, there's some really weird graphical error on boot and it fails to startup properly. Sometimes it just stops completely, sometimes it recycles and lets me start it in safe mode, but not always. God knows what's actually causing the problem, but it feels highly terminal so I figure it's best to order the new laptop now and hopefully this one will live long enough to last until its arrival. Grr.

So, I've ordered a new Sony Vaio to replace the current one. Hopefully it will last me as long, if not longer. I like to buy something reasonably mid/high-end but then avoid buying again for a long time. Specs for the interested: Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 8GB 1333MHz DDR3-SDRAM, 16.4" 1920x1080 screen, NVIDIA GeForce GT540M 2GB, plus the usual other bells & whistles.

20. auntiehill

Purchased a blanket and quilt for a bed in my mom's new house---about 175 bucks, all together. But I know she'll pay me back. I didn't realize how hard it would be to find stuff for an oversized King bed, even at Bed, Bath and Beyond, but I think this stuff should do the trick.