TNG Movies: Odd end cast credits

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by StewMc, Apr 4, 2013.

1. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

Might be scraping the bottom of the barrel with this topic in terms of things that urgently need discussed, but has anyone ever noticed that in the end credits for Generations, First Contact and Insurrection, the main cast's characters are all listed by their last names except for "Geordi" and "Beverly"?

It seems a bit random, its not as Beverly was known more by her first name than Deanna Troi or anything. Nemesis appears to be the exception as all the character's full names appear. Any theories as to why they chose to do this?

2. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Never paid attention to it, and I usually watch film credits all the way through to see if I recognize names for technical crew and stunt performers.

But weren't they all usually referred to in that fashion in the tv scripts? Not the transcripts, but those red cover ones sold at conventions? Except for misspelling Geordie's name.

3. StewMc

StewMc Commodore Commodore

^
    You're right, that's exactly what it is. The scripts are all online here, and right from the pilot the scripts refer to the cast in the same way (and are listed like that at the top of each script from "The Naked Now" onwards). Tasha and Wesley are also credited like that too (made sense for the Crushers I suppose).

Guess it was something Roddenberry started and it just stayed like that?

4. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I also found it odd that they use their first name

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, with two characters named "Crusher," it made sense to refer to them by first name. And "GEORDI" is easier to type than "LA FORGE."

6. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's not like Wesley was in any of the movies... except Nemesis... which he was cut from.

7. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Nor was he in the last three or so seasons of the show. But the convention had been established by that point, evidently.