Worf is a beast

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by James T Kirk, Oct 2, 2013.

1. James T Kirk

James T Kirk Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Mess with this guy and you will take a batleth to the heart. Its inevitable.

This guy is an atrocity.

What are these rumors about him having his own show? Any truth to it? I personally think its a fantastic idea.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This thread would be more appropriate in DS9. In TNG Worf often just got his butt kicked so show how threatening the bad guy is. Not to mention had a basic difficulty with doors the first few seasons.

There were rumors he'd get his own show, and even some official looking articles, but nothing concrete. I think it's just rumors and just as well. After eleven seasons and four movies, we really have covered Worf's character arc well enough.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think the rumors about his own show was like, Michael Dorn said he thought it was be a good idea and somebody put it in an article.

It's true Worf does have a way of having his enemies die. And there's that part in DS9 where he beats the Gem'Hadar by continuously being beaten up until the Gem'Hadar gets so bored with hurting him he quits.

4. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

He was also there to get... DENIED!

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Michael Dorn was one of the luckiest actors ever in Star Trek, to be in the franchise as long as he was. I'm sure he knows it too.

6. R. Star

11 seasons and 4 movies. Eat your heart out Kirk.

7. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5 movies, including Star Trek VI.

8. R. Star

Different character technically, but I like how they made the guy out to be his grandfather.

9. jimbotron

The comment before yours was referring to Dorn himself, not (24th century) Worf. Still, it speaks to Dorn's incredible luck in the franchise. Not only did he have a role in the previous show's movie, but he got to join the cast of the next show.

When Nick Meyer and DS9's producers each felt they needed a TNG character for their gig, they both chose Dorn.

10. R. Star

Same thing sorta happened to Tim Russ. He was an extra in the movies, had a minor role in a TNG episode before getting the Voyager gig.

11. jimbotron

Colm Meaney is also a damn lucky guy. From background character to starring role.

12. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hell, I can't say with 100% certainty that we've even seen the last of Worf. That's how much that guy has played that part. He's not lucky to have been able to do it. The character was pretty popular. He was lucky that it didn't get awfully stale. He had his ups & downs, but I never got sick of him in the way I got sick of Riker or even Q after a while

13. R. Star

Well while he had his share of story arcs and episodes about him, Worf was never the main character in either TNG or DS9. So when they switched gears over to him it was a nice change of pace and typically they either told a good story about him, or worked him into an already existing plot nicely.

14. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Didn't Dorn get permanent scarring and allergic reactions to wearing the synthetics all those years? Unless he somehow acquires the Augment virus and looks human, I don't think we'll be seeing much of Worf again.

15. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

He was also a runner-up for Geordi.

16. Non-Beard Riker

Non-Beard Riker Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Undiscovered Country is from 1991. So Dorn being in the movie was a deliberate choice.

17. R. Star

That would've been season 3 of TNG when they started the arc about Worf's father being a traitor so a tieback to his family would make sense

18. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

It seems it´s a bit more then that. Apperantly they actually had a pilot script written.

http://trekmovie.com/2013/10/09/chance-at-a-worf-tv-show-the-ideas-never-dead-says-michael-dorn/

19. R. Star

A Klingon ship? I.. just can't see a series being carried by that. Even the few Klingon ship episodes on TNG and DS9 were hit and miss... more often miss.

20. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

KRAD's IKS Gorkon series was pretty good but I think the audience for watching a ship filled with Klingons with all their backstabbing and hierarchy and alpha throwdowns would be.. limited. It would wear thin real quick.