Okay Oldtimers, remember this toy?

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by seigezunt, Oct 8, 2009.

1. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

I was reading about a crap Star Wars toy today when it jogged a memory of a Star Trek toy I had, now long gone.

I can't seem to Google it correctly.

It was a viewscreen, and ships would pass by, and you had to swing this aiming arm thing, which looked everything like a windshield wiper, and touch contact points on enemy ships to make explosiong sounds or lights.

I'm pretty sure this was a Star Trek toy, from the days before video games (or when video games were so expensive that you'd get things like this).

Anybody remember what I'm talking about? I think it had a captain's chair on it as I recall.

It must have been probably been made in the 1970s, byt my recollection.

Just an old fart trying to recollect his past...

2. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Never owned it, but I remember seeing it listed in the Sears holiday catalog. It was released through Mego which also sold the famous (or should that be infamous?) 8 inch action figures. The toy had a captain's chair where you could sit Kirk or another of the figures. The chair was considerably more accurate than the one that came with the folding vinyl playset.

I saved those pages from a 70s catalog, but I can't tell where I stored them. If I find them, I'll scan and post them.

Sincerely,

Bill

3. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

4. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't speak for seigezunt, but that's the toy I remember, yes! Nice research!

Sincerely,

Bill

5. seigezunt

Yes, that's it! I had the hardest time finding it, and I could just barely remember it.

I loved that toy, and that's a testament to how easy we were to please before video games. It would be considered ungodly boring today, I'm sure.

Wish I still had it somewhere. As I recall, I think it stopped working and I took it apart, as I was wont to do at that age. Thank goodness I didn't do that with the dolls (yes, dolls! I hate the ersatz term action figure, but that's another discussion).

Good searching!

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

I think I just Googled Mego Star Trek or something. It took about 10 seconds. :)

7. Captain Robert April

Captain Robert April Vice Admiral Admiral

Never owned it, but I do have a vague memory of it.

I'm guessing the command chair is scaled for the 8" figures?

8. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

I did not own it, but do not remember it

9. seigezunt

I couldn't remember who made it. So I'm searching for screen and chair and conveyor, etc.

Thanks for the memory...