Voyager Weirdness

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by TrekDoggyDog, Apr 1, 2013.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

^HAHAHA that would serve him right, especially if he made money like that because of certain select clientele that showed up when they knew Lumba was going to be behind the wheel.

2. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well in one of the novels one of Quark's dabo girls hired a dabo boy without asking Quark, which pissed him off. Then he grudgingly allowed it when he saw the increased profit figures. :p

3. teacake

I'm pretty sure I read that one, do you remember which it was?

I love Ferengi!

But that Ro Laren stuff in relaunch took a bit of choking down.

4. R. Star

I think it was one of the Mission Gamma books. I actually liked the Ro stuff. Oh sure that relationship was destined to fail as it did, but it was entertaining.

5. teacake

IT's true, it was entertaining, I just never quite bought it. I don't know why though.. maybe I should re-evaluate. Quark was far more appealing than most starfleet dudes. And certainly Ro was his type.

6. R. Star

Ro going along with it was the big question mark. But really he was the first one on DS9 that really didn't give two hoots about her past and was just interested in her for her own sake. So the awkward friendship formed on that basis, and their differences complimented each other, even if they also doomed it all from the start. Underneath his misogynistic exterior, which does takes a lot of digging, Quark really was a romantic.

7. teacake

I think for all their lusting over latinum and oo-mox the Ferengi still want friendship and loving relationships for the most part. Quark was always looking to form loyal connections with beautiful women and if they were a bit challenging so much the better. And yeah, I guess she didn't have to get any flak or defend herself to Quark. She's a prickly person so she was never going to get the kind of free pass Kasidy did.

8. R. Star

Kassidy... I never got how anyone ever trusted her again. Just imagine a female freighter captain running supplies for Al Qaida, who somehow gets released from her time in Gitmo(six months?!) and goes to live on an army base with her boyfriend who's the colonel there..... yeah...

The Federation was routinely monitoring Tom Paris in that alternate universe in Non Sequitor for being a former Maquis and not even one of the bad ones. By all accounts Kassidy was successfully smuggling for sometime. We never even got her side of the story. Sisko sure swept that one under the rug even as he went postal on Eddington.

Ro... yeah, she had very valid reasons for wanting to join up and ones I liked and by her nature she was never too apologetic. I was really disappointed we never got to see her on a guest role on DS9.

9. teacake

I was really disappointed she wasn't in Kira's role. She was my first big love after TOS characters, really the only one I was enamored with on TNG. If I'd joined this forum back in the beginning I probably would have called my self Ro Laren :lol:

As to Kasidy, as someone said in the last discussion we had here (here being, not the DS9 forum) Starfleet was verrrrrry leery about Sisko and his religious and political position. They were not going to start yanking his chain because he had far more power over the Bajor situation than his position in Starfleet had given him. They would have realized Kasidy didn't pose any real threat and they would been hands off. Probably thought it was good for him, having a human girlfriend might ween off his Bajoran devotion. At any rate putting pressure on him was not going to happen.

10. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

Oh man...Quark with breasts.
    I haven't gotten to that episode yet, but it looks awesome haha. Can't wait for that one. :lol:

11. TrekDoggyDog

TrekDoggyDog Ensign

You want class 9 boobage? Ezri Dax and Leeta (Nicole De Boer and Chase Masterson)...

Absolute Perfection...

12. TrekDoggyDog

TrekDoggyDog Ensign

13. TrekDoggyDog

TrekDoggyDog Ensign

Ahh Lumba.. I always thought Quarks mum was hotter than Quark with lady parts..

(3 of em!)

14. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

wait you think the cartoon character lois griffin looks good? that's weird. you're weird.

15. TrekDoggyDog

TrekDoggyDog Ensign

Ye Gods yes she is hot! Have you ever seen her with her top off? Or getting spanked by brian??

16. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

no.

her under-nose has the same slope as her upper nose and she has he-man's haircut. these are not sexy things.

also she's a fucking cartoon!

17. Captain Kathryn

Errrrr... :ack:

18. TrekDoggyDog

TrekDoggyDog Ensign

Its even better when you turn down the volume and imagine her voice is that of Zha Zha Gaboor... Or Miley Cyrus

19. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

looks like cartoon s&m beastiality is all the rage in nova scotia

20. Captain Kathryn

Or Indiana/California/England if you think he may be that other poster.