Request for assistance

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by captcalhoun, Jan 20, 2013.

1. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

Cold some shoppery genius help me out, I have three photos I want to blend into one, but I have no clue how to do it. Simple crop and paste stuff didn't work as the snow seems to be different colours(!!) I want the three groups of Snow Serpents in one shot, so that there appears to be 12. (or at least ten if the two groups at the top overlap)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

thanks in advance.

2. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

get photoshop.

[​IMG]

3. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I can't tell on my monitor if the snow is different colors, so if this won't work ... oh well. :cool:

[​IMG]

4. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

thanks, Carcazoid.

thanks for nothing, Junxon.

5. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i'm just saying photoshop is pretty easy to learn. you could have done it youself in a couple of minutes.

6. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Expensive if you only wanted to make one piece of art though

7. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

its only expensive if you pay for it.

8. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well it's not free unless you get a pirate copy. And you can't do that with the new version as you have to subscribe monthly. Clever Adobe:bolian:

9. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

got it free from my university. not pirated. please dismount your pony of indigation.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2013
  10. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Your post made it sound as if everything can/should get it for free. They can't, and without the information you gave in your second post (about you getting it from university) you made it sound as if the OP should get a pirate version, since that is the only way most people could get software without buying it. Making that leap is not very hard for people reading your posts in this topic.

11. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i'll be honest if i didn't have it legit, i might have found it somewhere else, i don't know. its way too overpriced for what it is. and seeing as no one gets done for just downloading stuff anyway it just comes down to your own sense of judgement.

i think obtaining an older version that you couldn't buy anyway is not doing any harm to a massive company. you'd be using their product and saying 'this is good,etc' or not using their product because you couldn't afford to. they wouldn't make any money either way.

[purely my opinions and nothing more]

12. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Pretty easy, huh? It's like it was designed by Freemasons and Illuminati working together to come up with the most arcane interface possible.

I couldn't get it from my school, btw, since I went to art school in the 1970s.

After using CorelDRAW happily for 20 years at work, they finally decided to buy us CS5 so we could make our art compatible with service bureaus (the fuck? A JPG is a JPG!). I'm sure if I'd started using Adobe from the beginning it'd be fine, but trying to learn this shit in my 50s is murder.

13. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

well i found it easy, but then i didn't have 20 years of being used to something else :/

though the requested image could've be put together in mspaint if someone was bothered enough to do so.

14. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

GIMP. It's free. (Or Paint.net if you like.)

That said, if someone had never done anything like this before, it may have taken them significantly longer than 5 minutes to do this in GIMP or Photoshop or even MSPaint, if they were able to figure it out at all. Can't assume everyone has the same level of expertise/knowledge.

15. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Shhh!!! DUDE! You weren't supposed to go there! :mallory:

Yours in Light
    \/\/
    /\/\
    :razz:

16. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

There are also free online photo editors that aren't too bad, like this one.

17. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Oh Jeez, sorry!!! :borg:

18. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Frankly, I had to spend around $1600 per computer for Adobe CS5.5 for Fast Copy's graphics department. What distresses me the most is the cost to upgrade is practically impossible unless I take out a loan. That being said, I've used CorelDraw up to 9.0, and now I'm using CS5.5 at work and CS6 at home. I find all of their interfaces counterintuitive, and now that Forbin has divulged that the Illuminati and Freemasons are behind it, I'm kicking myself for not having realized that earlier. That explains everything. :D

19. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just get a job with FedEx, I get the entire suite of CS6 free. :)

20. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I'm glad I'm not alone! The other graphics guy in my dept worked with Adobe until he started with us 15 years ago. Now he says he loves Corel and can barely remember how to use Photoshop. When he tries, he hates it.