Terminator: SCC - S2 Second Half Speculation Thread (SPOILERS) >>

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Tim, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

I really hope that Kyle stays dead. Inventing some circuitous and implausible story to shoehorn him into the series would indeed invalidate his sacrifice in "The Terminator." I'm still putting my money on him being seen in some sort of hallucination / flashback.

In other news, it turns out that Summer Glau switched managers right before I sent my autograph request, so I guess I'll be re-sending it to the new address as I don't know if they forward those things.

2. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

That would be interesting. Though I don't know how they could pull that off.

3. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I honestly don't either.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because several Kyles from several future histories have been sent back in time to fight the same and different t-800s in a single 1984.

Burn ward coma guy?

5. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

If they use reasoning along those lines, Josh Friedman had better buy me a few bottles of aspirin.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wish this actor had been cast as Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation instead of Anton, but there's no real reason for him to be alive in the Sarah Connor Chronicles present. And it would cheapen his death in T1.

7. Guy Gardener

Call me a spanner, but I'm curious what would happen if present day Kyle came back into play? We did see him that once. If Sarah had to raise him for some reason while stomping down on the feelings telling her that this boy is the man she loved? Which would then ask a very interesting question about Kyle later on that given the opportunity with time travel that everything they endure is so that he can finally sleep with his surrogate mother like he'd always wanted to, if they hadn't already at some point after his puberty began?

But then of course in one time line she dies of cancer in 2002 and in another she bunny hops nearly ten years over those events, but we are supposed to believe that Sarah being alive or dead, or John being a decade older or younger has no effect on any definition of the future's present because we assume the writers are idiots or the writers are kindly sparing confusion in their market share they don't wish to confuse?

Or at least we did until it became clear finally that Jessie is from a different future than Derek is familiar with, and really Derek should start checking to see if and how different his future is from the one Cameron comes from?

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So Mary Kay Letourneau would be the mother of humanity's future? :p

9. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Ha ha

10. Guy Gardener

Remember TNG: Rascals?

That young actress playing (transporter accidented) Kieko scared the crap out of Chief O'Brien when she started rubbing his neck... Although I think Young Picard should have taken a stab at Bev since she was 20ish years younger than him already before he got youthed.

Is little John still supposed to breed with Kate Brewster despite the age difference?

11. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe Kyle could appear in TSCC as his actual self before he went back to stop the first Terminator. Maybe he came back with Summer to TSCC timeline and needs to find a way to get to the past to save Sarah from the original Terminator. Could be done in a "Yesterday's Enterprise" kinda way.

12. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

That I could deal with, though I think they have shown Kyle briefly in some of the future war scenes.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ They have

Season One:
    Dungeons & Dragons

Season Two:
    Goodbye to All That

14. Guy Gardener

In the terminator II extended edition timeline... Because she didn't want to be thought of as a nasty sexual predator, exactly how long should she have waited to introduce Kyle to his son and her bed?

Serious but, I want to know what the government is doing about the terminators, especially now after Cromati's massacre. Upstage Buffy's Initiative already!

15. Michael_One

Michael_One Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I want to see the consequences of Sarah's obsession with the three dots. First the asian con man with his fake super chip and now the season half cliff hanger... real hover HK? Hallucination? Blood loss induced misidentification of a helicopter? What she's done is waste time on side trips and take awful risks; investigating the air conditioning warehouse alone was just plain foolhardy.

Kyle Reese... bringing him back would be a stunt. If he were a memory or a vision I could buy that.

There is no doubt in my mind Cromartie is coming back. If he doesn't I'll throw a temper tantrum.;)

The dramatic effects of killing the cast members goes like this:

Riley: Makes sense as she has become completely pointless. She was mostly pointless before.

Jessie: Ratchets down the drama as her mission is to separate John and Cameron. No Jessie, no mission.

Derek: Almost expected and thus not as dramatic. There isn't a whole lot he knows that Cameron doesn't.

Cameron: A real shock, her knowledge of future events and technolgy is invaluable, besides she serves to counterpoint Cromatie.

Ellison: Interesting choice as he took Cromartie to Weaver. It would be a sort of justice as he is clearly muddling the timeline. It would help a lot if we knew what Weaver's hidden agenda is... what if it has nothing to do with Skynet despite her being a T-1001?

I think the most off the wall thing the producers could do is kill...

The weakest character on the show...

C'mon, you have got to know who I mean...

John.

This would leave Sarah with a new mission: Find and train a replacement.

Okay... Derek... Repeat after me... "My name is John".

16. Guy Gardener

Ellison could be so insanely Powerful once he figures out how he is being played and gets biblical on all the people lying to him... I just don't understand how they can have everything on such a slow boil if cancellation is nearly unavoidable.

17. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Actually Derek is not really expected to be killed off because he's a fan favorite of the series - according to the research that the producers did about the show. He scores about the same as Cameron in the ratings.

If the series does end I see them killing off him or Cameron, if it isn't ending my money is on Ellison, Weaver, or Cromartie/John Henry. Riley would be to obvious a choice.

18. Guy Gardener

But if you dressed the two of them up to the nines, and sent them to a local after hours hotspot, exactly who would score the most?

19. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Depends on the club. I think they'd do about equal.

20. Tim

Tim Vice Admiral Admiral

She could be collateral damage. :evil: