Stargate SG-1 - First time viewing of whole series

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Captain Craig, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Big batch here so I may keep my summaries smaller than I have at times.

9x9-Prototype: So Anubis is planning to be reborn and is doing that in a manner similar to Nirti. A host is taken, injected with Anubis DNA that pushes him along the evolutionary path. Is anything of the original host still there or has Anubis usurped the body entirely? I was unclear on that. I'm guessing this actor is now the "face" of Anubis? Anubis has been cloaked so long that it might make sense during his rebirth to have an actor associated visibly with the role. The decision is placed on the table that they should kill this "Anubis" knowing the danger he poses before he upgrades himself. Woolsy shows up saying that the higher ups want to study him. Foolish choice cause "Anubis" is evolving to beat you the longer he's alive and aware. Anubis escapes as his power grows but he's not fully all powerful, he can only focus on thing at a time it seems. As he attempts to escape via the Gate he is distracted on one side, on the other Mitchell is able to shoot him and take him down.

9x10-The Fourth Horseman pt.1: An SG team returns from an offworld undercover op to report that another planet has fallen to the Ori and adopted Origin. Unknown to the soldiers they have brought in a trojan horse virus from the Ori which is missed on their medical evaluation. A few leave the base and in time a global pandemic sets in. Mid episode Carters old Ancient flame Orlin appears....this time as a 10-12yr old. Saying he had to appear this way to retain as much of his Ancient knowledge as possible. He thinks he can help create a cure to the Ori's virus.
    To compound matters the Ori have now visited the Jaffa nation and Gertek has been not only converted but turned into a Prior himself!!

9x11-The Fourth Horseman pt.2: A plan is put into place that a sample collected from the Prior who initiated the virus brought to Earth by the away SG team could hold the key. Mitchell and the SG-1 team set out to collect that by returning to Sodan(Tony Toddy's Jaffa holdouts). They've been ordered to kill some non belivers and didn't do so. SG-1 had a device that should nullify the Priors powers but the right frequency will have to be found. Mitchell takes some punishment as Sam finally is able to block the Prior(Cig Smoking Man again) powers.
    A sample is taken to Earth and Orlin is still trying his best to help. The longer he's in human form, despite his precautions, the knowledge is slipping from him.
    Teal'C is trying to break through to Gerak by appealing to the man he once was.
    Gerak has a breakthrough while at the SGCC and heals the whole base. That combined with Orlin's work is what allows a cure to be found.
    Orlin ends up with, apparently, amnesia after the events and will seemingly live out his life as a "regular" human. I was a bit unclear if Gerak also cured him somehow. I orig just thought Orlin was going to die from the stress of retaking human form.

9x12-Collatoral Damage: A seemingly friendly race called the Galarans are having a good First Contact with SG-1. They are willing to share their memory transfer technology with us. They adapted it from a Gou'ald device. The politics on the planet surrounding this device heat up. The creator, a lovely woman Mitchell has been having feelings for, is a civilian scientist and objects to the military application. She and Mitchell leave a party, that was on behalf of an Earth/Galaran treaty(?) deal, and return to her place. Next thing we see is Mitchell being arrested for her murder. Not the most enjoyable of episodes as you can figure the whole thing out the moment the murder happens.

9x13-Ripple Effect: Kind of reminds me of the ST:TNG episode Parallels in some regard. Due to an anomaly of SG travel destinations going through the subspace area where the giant Ori Gate was destroyed leaving space/sub space affected and causing multiple SG-1 teams from across the mulit-verse to arrive at our "prime" SGC. It was a fun episode as it allowed for us to see characters like Janet Frasier return and Martouf. We do have a "bad" SG-1 team and a "good" one, ours but no goatees ever surface. Fun episode.

9x14-Stronghold: A story with a clear A & B story, not sure which was deemed most important. Mitchell has a good friend who is dying. This friend was also up for the SG slot that Mitchell eventually won. When Mitchell visits him he prods him for details, Classified or not, cause he's going to die soon anyway. Teal'c and Brat'ac are working with the Jaffa Council to push through democracy. Ba'al has been brainwashing the Jaffa leaders to push away from democracy. When key supporters abruptly change their minds Teal'C investigates. This gets him kidnapped by Ba'al. Ole Ba'al, he loves to torture doesn't he.
    Mitchell borrows the mind transference device that they have from the Galarans and allows his dying friend to witness so much of what Mitchell has done the past few months. While there he gets news of Teal'C's capture. His dying friend tells him to go, "this Teal'c seems like a great, guy, alien".
    Ba'al of course is defeated and the Jaffa nation avoids an early disaster.

9x15-Ethon: I'm going to start with this question? Was this not Jonas Quinns homeworld? I kept expecting him to show up or be at the least mentioned. This world has been visited by Earth before and the Gou'ald attacked, now the Ori have shown up. Promising technology to the side that accepts Origin to destroy the other. The Ori have given plans to build a satellite WMD, a spy from one side escapes with early drafts of the plan to SGC. The Prometheus is sent to destroy it but it has shields, clearly added in a later draft. Daniel Jackson and the defector, Kane return to the planet thinking they will be able to have a dialogue and instead are thrown into jail. The Prometheus is destroyed in orbit and about 75 of it's crew escape to the "good side" of this planetary civil war. I wasn't really into this episode honestly. The best part was guest star Ernie Hudson as the voice of reason on the "bad guy's" side, the military leader who's not blood thirsty like the Origin induced leader. I only wish he'd been cast as a character we might see again.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, this is not Jonas Quinn's homeworld, and the Goa'uld didn't attack this world. This is the world from season 8's Icon where public knowledge of the Stargate led to a devastating world war.

3. Captain Craig

Ok, we're not the few nations on Quinn's world at odds with each other like this also? Quinn's people had the Gate and were keeping it secret which only widened the divide in attitudes? If so then that's why I'm confusing these two worlds, kinda similar template in play.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

The situations the same on Earth the USA has control over the gate, and the Russians and Chinise just about tolerate it. In "Discolsure" about the only country on the US's side was surprise surprise the UK.

5. The Wormhole

Well, yes, Jonas Quinn's world is set up in a very similar way. In fact, one of the big criticisms people had with Ethon when it aired is that it revisited a "forgettable planet of the week" instead of Jonas's world.
    I personally didn't mind so much at the time, though considering season 10 kind of inserts an random throwaway line about Jonas's world being conquered by the Ori which is then ignored years later when Langara (his planet's name) is featured on SGU, maybe it would have been better for Ethon to have been set there and then have some proper closure.

6. Captain Craig

^^^
    I'm avoiding that spoiler for now, maybe in a few weeks I'll revisit it though.

9x16-Off the Grid: SG-1 gets some intel on a strange new crop that is causing planets to go crazy for it. It looks like corn. They pose as buyers for a planetary alliance, or Mitchell wings it that they are, as he tries to hustle a planet with ties to the Lucian Alliance. Things go badly, their ruse discovered and while attempting escape the Gate is beamed off the planet. Landry in an attempt to be proactive after multiple unsuccessful attempts to dial the gate sends the new Odyssey ship on a rescue mission. While Odyssey is en-route Landry doubles up his efforts and consults Nerus, imprisoned at Area 51. Nerus tells Landry that he suspects Ba'al is stealing the Gates as a method to rebuild his lost empire.
    The Lucian Alliance is about to execute SG-1 when the Odyssey arrives and timely beams them out.
    Landry allows Nerus to leave for aiding them and plants a tracker on him, he heads for Ba'al after jumping through 5 Gates to avoid detection.
    The Odyssey detects the beacon and heads to Ba'al's ship hoping to reclaim the stolen Gates. The Lucian Alliance has been monitoring activities and shows up as well demanding the Gates. SG-1 tags them and has begun beaming them over to the Odyssey. Unable to beam SG-1 over due to shields Carter rigs the last gate to beam them back to Earth as Ba'al's ship explodes. Note: Ba'al aint dead, you know, clones.

9x17-The Scourge: Voracious Carniverous Bugs created by the Priors/Ori are being studied at the Gamma Base. Things get out of hand of course, the bugs escape, the GB is destroyed while a PR envoy with Woolsey is in tow. The best thing in the episode is Teal'C planning to watch Old School for his next movie and by shows end Mitchell telling him to watch Starship Troopers instead. Pretty weak episode really.

9x18-Arthur's Mantle: Dr.Carter has been continually working on a device recovered from the Sword in the Stone caves. She thinks after several months she's on the verge of a breakthrough as Mitchell show's up suggesting breakfast. The computer verifies a suggestion of hers, she triggers the device, a blinding flash of light, then nothing. We actual find out they've been shifted to a parallel dimension(not universe).
    Also, this episode the Sodan are under attack by one of their own, affected by the Ori. Teal'c and a team head out to assist there. Once at the Sodan village they are cut off from SGC.
    Dr.Lee, working with Daniel Jackson is trying to figure out what Carter was doing when the mishap occurred. Dr. Lee stumbles upon a type of radiation(forget the name) that reminds Jackson of a time he under went something like this. Dr. Lee activates it, sure of himself, and all he does is displace Daniel(closest to the device). Daniel now sees Carter and Lee can't see him.
    Meanwhile Mitchell has headed off through the Gate to keep taps on Teal'C and the crazed Sodan warrior. I forget how but Teal'C when cloaked can see Mitchell. As can the crazed Sodan and he tells Teal'C to let him lead the Sodan into a trap, as he can't be hurt.
    Daniel, now able to read the Ancient text begins to figure out how to reverse things. He does so and Mitchell whose face-to-face with the crazed Sodan is suddenly not in the advantageous position he once was. Decent episode.

9x19-Crusade: Vala returns...sort of. She is now able to inhabit Dr.Jackson's body due to their connection via those Ancient Stones. She's been living in the Ori Galaxy the past few months and taken up with a local...and gotten married. Also, she's pregnant and really doesn't know how. The village she's been living has an anti-Ori Underground of which she falls in with. She brings info to the SGC of a giant fleet the Ori are building with which they wish to invade our galaxy. With this new information the SGC begins scanning for SuperGate activity. Carter asks Landry for permission to search the planet revealed in the Merlin device, Landry agrees. Also, Vala has lost contact, she is no longer inhabiting Daniel's body. Pretty good episode, very solid.

9x20-Camelot: Merlins fabled city of Camelot has been found! Within the city is a force field protected residence that Merlin used. The city contains a Sword in the Stone just as they encountered before when Mitchell fought the knight.
    Jackson and Mitchell are on the planet trying to solve Merlin's device when the Black Knight is activated.
    Meanwhile with the help of the Asgard a SuperGate has been located. With the intel from Vala they know an Ori flee is inbound. Teal'C allows himself to be captured by the Lucian Alliance in order to convince them to aid in the coming battle.
    Back at Camelot Mitchell is not having much luck vs the Knight this time. A late teen girl he's befriended pulls the sword out of their stone, much to the shock of the few who see it happen. Question: Why wasn't the sword keyed only to her like it was when Mitchell did it the other time? She's able to pass the sword to Mitchell when before Mitchell was the only one who could hold the sword. Mitchell defeats the Black Knight.
    Out at the SuperGate a battle with Asgard, Earth vessels, and Lucian Alliance ships begin to battle the Ori's fleet. These scenes reminded me alot of the S6/7 scenes during ST:DS9. The combined fleet is getting it handed to them and numbers of ships are destroyed including it seems several of our ships...the camera focus' in and we see Vala at one of the viewports of an Ori ship.....Cliffhanger!!!

Season 9 complete and what a conclusion!!!

Season 10 forthcoming, 20 episodes to go, I'm rounding the final turn in this series!!

7. The Wormhole

It relates to the season 10 episode Counterstrike, so feel free to look any time once you're past that episode.

Dramatic convenience. Although if you want something in-universe, this one is an actual sword as opposed to the one Mitchell had, which was holographic. Much easier to key a hologram to a specific person than it is an actual sword.

8. Captain Craig

SEASON 10

10x1-Flesh&Blood: Picking right up from the battle of Earth/Jaffa and Lucian Alliance vs Ori Ships in which the former is highly decimated a pregnant Vala looks on and goes into labor. As she gives birth to the Ori miracle child she is swept away, Vala is denied even holding her. Meanwhile, Sam is still floating in space near the Supergate. The Odyssey is severely damaged, Daniel is MIA and Teal'C is taken prisoner aboard the Lucian ship.
    Vala is finally allowed to see her daughter a few hours later and discovers she is.....10 yrs old!! We also discover Daniel has managed to get aboard. The Lucian ship is now demanding the Odyssey surrender and they only have 20% power. An essential game of bluff is held. On the Ori ship Daniel is plotting an escape but Vala's "husband" is onto them and rats them out to the one eyed Prior on board. Vala doesn't want to leave without her daughter but she is firmly Ori in nature. As they try to get her to go with them the Prior shows up and in the melee Vala is shot, this awakens some connection in the child and she tries to heal Vala. During the confusion Daniel hits her with Zaa't and they make their escape.

10x2-Morpheus: A mixing of interesting elements of antiquity as Daniel discovers a Gate address among Merlin's library that describes where the Holy Grail may be. When they arrive they find the settlement long since uninhabited but it's inhabitance are still there. They seem to have died in their sleep. Back on Earth at the SGC Vala is having to undergo a series of psych tests in order to prove herself worthy of being on an SG team. Back on the planet of sleep Sam discovers a parasitic microscopic organism feeds on seratonin, so staying awake is key, otherwise once you fall asleep...you stay asleep. Vala is trying to rig her tests, being genuine is tough for her but in her frustration with the tests reveals she is a changed person. I actually enjoyed the B story with Vala more than the A story on sleepy time planet.

10x3-The Pegasus Project: My first exposure to the Atlantis team in a full fledged crossover. Daniel is excited cause after several attempts to get here, he's made it. SG-1 is coming in an attempt to check Atlantis' records, cross reference etc for an attempt to find an anti-Ori possible, maybe super weapon. So the thorn in Sam's side for a few seasons in McKay is a team member of Atlantis? Didn't see that coming. Is he kinda sorta like ST:TNG's O'Brien, getting a transfer but the dual purpose is he is qualified and the audience knows him as well? Daniel and Vala will be searching the holo-library and Sam is going to work with Teal'C and the Atlantis team to find a way to open the Ori SuperGate and keep it open in a manner that they can't send ships through. The Atlantis team leader Dr.Weir takes Daniel to the holo-library so he can start his research. A female interactive hologram is activated and answers the users questions in real time. Sam and McKay figure a shaped nuclear blast with multiple warheads may force the SuperGate open. Teal'C is the one positioning the warheads and their first attempt fails. Meanwhile Daniel is getting suspicious of the "hologram", something that Weir, McKay or anyone on Atlantis never had. Daniel deduces she is actually an Ancient----turns out he's right, she's Morgan LeFey!!!
    As Sam is prepping another nuclear "jumper cable" blast on the SuperGate Teal'C informs them an Ori ship is coming into range. As Morgan is giving cryptic answers she appears ready to directly help and is "beamed away/"killed" by her fellow Ancients. Is she dead? Didn't that trick just turn Daniel human again? If so where might se be? Anyway the second nuke trick works and in opening the SuperGate they manage to destroy the Ori ship that had come to check up on the Gate.

Of what I saw the Atlantis team looks interesting. Once I've taken a break from SG-1 for the rest of the year and viewing some other material I'll have to look into an Atlantis viewing. Is Atlantis the DS9 of Stargate? Meaning deep interconnected cast of characters on the city island? Isolated from home in a manner.

10x4-Insiders: The episode starts with Ba'al invading US airspace from orbit. Turns out he may actually be a clone but he's trying to pass himself off as "The Ba'al". Ba'al says that if they assist him in gathering up is "rogue" clones for termination he will help the SGC and Daniel in discovering Merlin's secret weapon. Cause Daniel has been trying and is stumped. They manage to gather up all the clones and with this many together other agencies are expressing interest in questioning and/or studying the Ba'al's. Agent Barrett wants him for the N.I.D. but Landry refuses. So he takes matters into his own hands. He's going to question Ba'al anyway and manages to force a weak willed guard to let him into one of the clones holding cells. Once there he quickly loses control of the situation and is overpowered. Ba'al then begins releasing the others. Ba'al demands a list of Gate addresses, if he doesn't get them he'll kill Barrett. Sam caves and gives it up and with the Clones gathered together are able to beam out of the SGC. Seems they all had a weak locator imbedded in them and only once they are together can they penetrated the SGC shield.
    Barrett is taken into custody cause after what happened with The Trust it's unclear if he was brainwashed or worked willingly with Ba'al.

9. The Wormhole

Bringing McKay onto Atlantis was unintentional. At first, a new character was developed and auditions held. Eventually someone realized the character was similar to McKay so they changed the new character to him.

The cast isn't really that much more interconnected than SG-1's. There might be a few more recurring characters than SG-1 had, but don't hold me to that. Atlantis is isolated in its first season, but by season 2 they are in regular contact with Earth, and indeed SG-1 characters have made several appearances on the show.

10. Captain Craig

10x5-Uninvited: This episode, I think, was meant to be a character piece for Landry and Mitchell to bond in the cabin. What we find out during the episode is that the Sodan cloaking field which has operated fine for them for centuries is suddenly having a side affect. Due to a certain radiation it emits we've altered it to allow us to use it. This alteration though caused a creature who had been unable to penetrate our universe to do so. This parasitic creature burrows into a living creature and while it feeds on you emits a secretion that mutates your DNA!!
    A member of The Trust is attempting to spy on Mitchell and Landry and a pair of bears have been mutated, causing havok in the woods. In what is possibly as bad a CGI creature on the show, or in general, that I've ever seen these hairless, blood veined animal creatures looked pretty bad. Top it off the writing for the "moments" with Landry and Mitchell were pretty bad. An underwhelming episode for sure.

10x6-200: All is forgiven cause this episode was AWESOME!! Until I watched the special feature on the disc I didn't realize the Wormhole Extreme episode marked episode 100. I really didn't get the duality of 200 till well into the episode. The in-jokes, self-depracting humor and jovial fun at the genre were all great. The opening with the ROTJ spoof followed by Star Trek and Farscape ones was great! The zombie, private eye and Wizard of Oz were also great!! The tribute would've been perfect if we also could've had Hammond(although we did get him as a puppet) and Quinn in some way. Really solid episode!!

10x7-Counterstrike: The Ori strike back with Vala's baby girl in command, Adria. Adria is Morena Baccarin, good choice, I'd convert to Origin as well. The episode begins with undercover SG teams on an Ori held world. As worshippers gather a familiar looking planetary wave sweeps the world clean of life, the SG teams get beamed out just in time. Come to find out the new Jaffa Nation leader is using the Ancient weapon on Dakara to do this. Modified again since last using it against the Replicators. While this act is reprehensible it has left an Ori mother ship open for the taking, for study. SG-1 gets on board and shortly after find a Jaffa boarding party is also now laying claim to the ship. Tensions flare. Adria reveals herself, she has been in hiding. She has an amulet that protects her from all, Dakar weapon and all. Adria wants answers as to what happened and begins to probe Jackson's mind but his mind is strong. She changes to tactics to one of the Jaffa soldiers though and finds out about the weapon on Dakara. Adria commands the ship to Dakara and obliterates the weapon and the Jaffa leadership, rendering the new Jaffa Nation just about obsolete.
    How the Jaffa Nation recovers from this should be interesting. One leader becomes a Prior, another makes choices that gets the council and their main weapon destroyed. I'm guessing we'll see Adria again as a means to wrap up the Ori story by seasons end.

10x8-Memento Mori: A Vala character piece that starts with her and Daniel getting off base. This is awesome cause she's never allowed to leave the base. Members of The Trust must've still had spies in SGC, cause how else would they know Vala was leaving. They just show up and kidnapper from the restaurant as she goes to the bathroom The Gou'ald infected Trust members are wanting info Vala had when she was Qutesh. Using the mental extraction device they are beginning to make progress. However, an SG strike force intervenes trying to get Vala back. In this process a malfunction happens giving Vala amnesia as she flees the fire fight. She stumbles into a small town and gets work as a waitress. Since no real info of importance is gained about The Trust, Gou'ald or Vala's life as Qutesh this felt exactly like a character centric filler episode.

This disc was 50/50, two really good and two kinda bland episodes.

11. The Wormhole

Uninvited includes a rather odd continuity flub. At one point, Mitchell makes a joke about Dick Cheney's hunting accident, implying he is Vice President in Stargate continuity even though it's been established by now that the President is a fictional character. There is wiggle room, since Cheney isn't referred to directly by name, which could just mean that whoever the Vice President is also accidentally shot someone while hunting.

12. Captain Craig

^^^^
    Yeah, I caught that offhanded Cheney jab, very lame.

10x9-Company of Thieves: The SGC/Odyssey is lead into a trap by the Lucian Alliance by planting seeds of a second Ori Supergate. The Odyssey is trapped in a minefield which disables it and the Alliance boards it, herding the crew, including Samantha Carter into a cargo hold. News gets back to the SGC of this piracy act but they have no direct way to get out there. The Jaffa Nation has fallen into waring factions and Teal'C is not sure when Brae'tac may have a ship to loan them. Valla steps up and offers a way to acquire one. Meanwhile, the Odyssey's Col Emerson and Carter are brought before their Lucian Alliance captor. Carter is asked to begin repairs, she refuses and so in retaliation he kills Emerson. Carter agrees to help but she's up to no good, actually working to retake the ship. Knowing the SGC would mount a rescue the black box homing beacon is used as a trap, which the rest of SG-1 in their rickety ship Valla acquired falls into. In this whole escapade it's revealed Mitchell has a plan to infiltrate the Alliance should things go like they have. He uses the same "suggestion ring/drug" to pose as a high up Lucian Alliance Contact that allegedly few have seen. Netan of the Alliance has been behind this the whole time and accepts Mitchell's ruse as a man named Tenat. Carter has freed the crew and they've retaken the ship. Netan gets word of treachery about the Odyssey take over and sets out on his own to investigate. A Lucian Alliance agent, known to Mitchell shows up to give him this intel but knows Mitchell is not Tenat and sets up a side deal with him. A bit of careful trickery with the "suggestion ring/drug"(don't recall this things name) and you have the Lucian Alliance ships surrounding the Odyssey firing on each other. The Odyssey is able to jump out but the Alliance has now declared war on the Tarrae!
    I really liked this episode.

10x10-The Quest pt.1: Lots to like here in this episode(s). The return of Adria and Ba'al + the discovery of Merlin, frozen in a cave, by Morgan LeFey who holds the secret to creating a weapon capable of stopping the Ori. I really dug the Indiana Jones nature of this episode. It felt a lot like Last Crusade where, instead of 3 challenges, we had 5 simple themed tasks to accomplish just to get to the Sangreal. Some snippy dialoge for naming the dragon(or is that next episode) and Teal'C says Puff!! Not to mention the whole running joke of "we agreed dragons don't exist...right"...only to have a dragon staring them down as they are prepared to lay claim to the Sangreal.

10x11-The Quest pt.2: Show opens up with needing to defeat the dragon and using the last of the 5 clues to do so. They had to calm the dragon by calling it by it's name, or namesake as the case seemed, by shouting out Morgan LeFey's name in Ancient. Dragon--defeated. Merlin is thawed out and given an overview of events concerning Atlantis the Ori and everything else pertinent and he sets out to create a new Sangreal. Using a device, similar to the one that that did info downloads to O'Neil, he begins constructing the device. With his age and energy expended he is wearing out. He dumps his consciousness into the device and the physical body dies. Adria who was not transported to the last stop in the quest is tracking them down so they know they are on a tight timetable. Daniel faces the device, like Jack, and gets a download of Merlin's consciousness into him. He picks up the recreation of the Ori killing device, the Sangreal, where Merlin left off. Adria finally catches up to them but Daniel has not yet finished the device. Daniel, whose begun exhibiting ascened powers again, holds off Adria and her Ori army while SG-1 escapes. Adria now has Daniel/Merlin and an unfinished weapon along with it's creators.
    How will they get out of this one? I need to have a good reason why Adria doesn't/can't just kill Daniel and destroy the unfinished weapon. I feel a very Bond villain type thing going on, why keep them(Daniel/Merlin) alive? I hope there is a good answer cause in reality that's what I'd think would happen. You've just caught the one who can create something to stop you....kill him/her...now.

13. The Wormhole

Well, without giving anything away, I'll just point out a weapon lethal to Ascended beings can be used to the Ori's advantage. After all, should they end up facing the Ancients...

14. Captain Craig

10x12-Line in the Sand: The SG-1 team is doing a field test trying to use the dimensional shift device of the Ancients and spread the fields affect. They had a successful off-world test and this coincides with a Prior threatening to destroy a town if they do not convert to Origin. Leading the invasion for the Ori is Valla's old husband Tomen. SG-1 gets there ahead of the Ori footsoldiers but the device shorts out and doesn't envelope the city. During a fire fight Sam gets wounded while trying to reboot the device. Mitchell comes in and following Carter's direction is able to get the dimension shift back on, however it only envelopes the immediate structure they are in and the Ori foot soldiers see this. They know something is up. Tomen orders Valla taken back to the ship and what villagers they captured put to death.
    Teal'C is able to remain undiscovered and works with the town leader to asses the situation. Cue, cowardly villager who is ready to convert just to get rid of the Ori who betrays Teal'C to the soldiers.
    Valla, on the Ori ship, is being held by Tomen. Allegedly his penance is to again try to convert her cause she was/is his wife. Instead Valla is able to use her knowledge of the book of Origin to show Tomen how wrong it is and how unscriptural it is to demand the death of those who don't convert.
    Mitchell has done a field kit patch job on Sam's wounds and is working to boost the device again. This time using an Ori staff weapon crystal that managed to phase shift with them. His timing is impeccable cause the Prior orders the town lost, therefore destroyed. Tomen helps Valla escape but stays behind. Valla is deposited into what looks like burnt out field but at that moment a phase shift happens and the town and remaining occupants are returned.
    Pretty good episode and it seems more and more, but especially with this episode, that they are using Priors/Origin as a stand in for radical Islam.

10x13-The Road Not Taken: Still tinkering with the Ancient phase shifting device Sam is transported into a parallel dimension instead of just made slightly out of phase in her dimension. Here, things are bad. Earth fell into disarray when the Stargate program was exposed. President Landry had to declare Marshal Law and essentially the Constitution has been suspended. While as an a episode it was decent I felt it ill timed as it didn't do anything to really further the main plot with the Ori. With 7 episodes to go this filler episode just felt wasted at this point.

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Well, the episode The Road Not Taken does show a constant effort of working on the device, and not have it all of a sudden working perfectly, so, there is that.

And, it's not the last episode that will frustrate you on that front, with not doing anything to tie up the Arc. Keep in mind, Episode 10.20 (Series Finale) does not end the Arc, the First DVD Movie, Arc of Truth is what ties up the Ori/Adria Arc.

16. The Wormhole

The comparison doesn't really hold though. Despite what this episode tries to claim, the Ori's followers are not interpreting their holy texts in a way to suit their own agenda, they are in actual contact with the Ori themselves and following their exact instructions.

17. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

In their defense, the writers/producers thought they were getting an 11th season, but SyFy cancelled the show after 200 wrapped up production or aired (I can't remember).

18. Captain Craig

^^^
    You know since I've been doing this thread and with the kind assistance of you guys I'm not shocked by that. Allegedly the show was going to end two other times as well. Was it the end of seasons 5 & 7, I think? Figures the one time they aren't ready at the actual end there isn't a bow on things, thus needing the movie(s) for closure. In an ironic way then it feels very Farscape-esque.

On that note how many DVD Movies are there?
    I see on Amazon a two pack of Ark of Truth/Continuum.
    Are these the only two? Do they play in that order AoT then Continuum?
    Looking at this monster box set which has several discs of extras I'm not certain the movies are on them, but will look of course before taking action.

19. The Wormhole

Every year starting with season 5 they believed it was going to be the last, up to season 8 where they went ahead and wrapped things up. In fact, season 9 was originally pitched as season 1 of a spin-off series to be titled Stargate Command. It was SyFy who insisted on keeping the SG-1 name. And so with seasons 9 and 10 they went ahead believing there would be a next season.

Yes, they are the only two and it is best to watch them in that order.

20. Captain Craig

10x14-The Shroud: Daniel finally returns....as a Prior!!! Also Adria is in tow, she intends to use Daniel as her tool to not only finish Merlin's weapon and turn it on the Ancients in our galaxy but to use Daniel to convert Earth!! Little known to Adria is that Merlin is inside Daniel and therefore able to temper the transformation into a Prior. Daniel still fully retains who he is thanks to Merlin. After being captured by Adria Merlin and Daniel(in the same body) discussed(?) a plan to defeat the Ori but completing the weapon and sending it through the SuperGate back to the Ori galaxy. First, Daniel need Prior abilities to pilot the ship AND be captured by SG-1 in order to relay the plan and have the SuperGate shut down. Jack makes a return this episode, I presume cause the stakes are high, to try and figure out if Daniel is really Daniel in there or if this is some Ori trick. Daniel attempts to reassure them that after the plan is pulled off Merlin will exit Daniel's body and in doing so convert him back into his normal state. Teal'C feels Daniel is telling the truth but also in tow this episode is Woolsy who after making a bad judgement call to keep clone Anubis alive is ordered by his superiors that they should execute Daniel.
    Daniel won't let this happen and puts his plan into motion anyway. Which means storming the Ori ship where Adria and the weapon are. Daniel takes SG-1 with him to do this. The weapon is activated, SuperGate shut down and they all beam out to safety. Presumably the weapon activates and if all goes to plan, wipes out the Ori. It's realized that their followers though will be unharmed---they could retaliate. And on cue, the SuperGate shortly opens up and a number of Ori ship come through and warp out to destinations unknown.
    So---did the weapon work? Are the assumptions right or not? Those ships are ambiguous imo.

10x15-Bounty: So I fully expect this episode to pick right up but instead it's a break from that and we are watching SG-1 break up and destroy the wagon train of "Evil Orvill Reddenbachar" as Mitchell put it. This is part of the Lucian Alliance's shipment that Netan is overseeing. This is the last straw cause that's 3 shipments in a row, their supply is low and he can't be allowed to look any weaker than SG-1 has made him out to be. He places a bounty on SG-1. The bounty mainly focuses on Cameron Mitchell's off duty moment to attend a 20yr HS class reunion in Kansas. Vala(who I think I've been spelling with two L's, her name tag showed one though, begs to go along cause she never gets off base). Of course last time she went off base she was kidnapped so...., anyway. The wardrobe went out of there way to make Vala stand out. Between her Daisy Duke out fit and low cut dress(while the other women wore more conservative numbers) Claudia Black was on full display. Carter was MIA this episode.
    A fun episode really but as I was told this would happen, oddly placed episodes while the timer is ticking down to what should be a full on Ori finale.

10x16-Bad Guys: Now this was a fun episode, again, about a First Contact scenario gone sideways. The SG-1 team, when accused of being Rebels, plays the part in order to stall so they can miss check-in and have Landry send them a portable dialing device. Seems the civilization has a Gate but only a replica of the DHD. The remote(I forget the name for them) seemed to indicate the Gate was in a cave but really it was a mockup in a museum. Anyway this episode does a type of riff on Die Hard in a way. Which amusingly Daniel doesn't immediately get when Mitchell tells him we have a John McClaine situation. Teal'C quickly lets him know. Overall a really fun episode but just, imo poorly timed. Also, where was Carter again this episode? Seeing as how there are 4 episodes to go. However, now that I know they had originally planned on a likely season 11 the pacing makes more sense. Even it it's frustrating a tad. I also feel that Mitchell and Vala then are a bit in the mold of Doggett and Reyes of S8-9 of X-Files.

One more disc, 4 episodes and 2 TV movies to go!!