What is your least favourite TNG film

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Infern0, Jun 24, 2013.

?

Vote away

1. Generations

24 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. First Contact

7 vote(s)
    5.5%
  3. Insurrection

37 vote(s)
    29.1%
  4. Nemesis

59 vote(s)
    46.5%
  1. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I'm going to say INS, sure NEM also had flaws but it at least had some ambition.

2. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

As much as Insurrection provided as much pleasure as having your teeth removed with a hammer covered in barbed-wire, Generations was the low point, as it was so much that was wrong with the tepid Berman era of ST: flat characterizations, villains making Saturday morning cartoons seem well developed, and too much technobabble (even for sci-fi). Worst of all, was the condescending "passing the torch" nonsense, by trying to put a knife in the heart of TOS with Kirk's demise. I guess Berman, et al, thought "Kirk's gone!! That means everyone will forget TOS and just focus on MY shows as the REAL Star Trek!"

...nevermind that in the years to follow, DS9 & Enterprise's most popular episodes were flashback/tie-ins to TOS...

3. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The problems with TFF are superficial, like bad fx, and studio forced comic relief (that doesn't really work well).

I think the acting is excellent though, and every actor in that film did a great job of turning a turd script into a very watchable film.

I also love the concept (the search for God) and the score is incredible. It has some of my favourite Trek music in it.

I can honestly say TFF is my favourite TOS movie.

4. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Same here dude. I could have forgiven a lot of Nemesis if Data hadn't been killed off. The B4 "replacement" was anything but.

There was a lot wrong with the movie, but killing off my favourite TNG character was unforgivable.