Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 20, 2010.

1. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

No it wasn't. You now they could have made something 10 times huger if they just thought about it had a little more money.

it's the freaking JSA but what do we get Hawkman, a little Girl and Nelson gibbering about his hat making him pee himself. And then Hawkman frets on about how Clark is leading the new team of the ages... Which is all to be seen just Ollie, Chloe and Clark.

Christ on a bike!

And the villain?

Jack freaking frost who makes clubs and daggers from ice which he hits and stabs peopel with? Jarvis with his adamantium tipped umbrella should have been more of a threat.

They should have brought in Zod.

The legion should have been playing chess with the JLA vs theTime trapper with the JSA and Waller should havebeen kicking ass.

Zod and Hawkman in arial combat kicking each other through buildings since Clark is not going to RISE to the task.

They did the bare minimum with the materials provided.

And where the frack was Captain Marvel?

If they want to show welling how cool he would be/look if he would just submit to what WE want, then the big red cheese is the bloke to do it.

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

No, it really wasn't.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

No episodes of Smallville are EMMY worthy...and what villain they used in "Absolute Justice" was irrelevant as Icicle was a means to an end and that was introducing the Society which was accomplished along with the concept of the Suicide Squad.

4. Guy Gardener

But we never saw the squad.

Some room where Waller acted like an all powerful Queen Bee playing with Chess Motifs and props, but of the HUNDREDS of crazies and villians we've seen over the last DECADE, how many did she draft into taskforce X to achieve her mission objectives by the most detestible means thinkable no matter how easy it is to let the women and children live? Even the destruction of of Checkmate by the Kandorians was first baseless and second handled in absolute exposition, that verbally they could have described some truely awesome stuff with out paying for a lick of special effects.

"It was like Apocalypse Now with Flying people instead of Helicoptors... Heat came out of their eyes, melting people."

The Kandorians were paranoid idiots, INS had more interest and potential in monitoring and controlling their activity on earth than Checkmate.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2010
  5. Admiral_Young

^Granted we never saw the Squad or Waller organizing other members of it but for a pure fanwank shout out it worked. I wonder if the writers will remember this and we'll get a Suicide Squad episode or two this season?

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I must have mistaken you all for fans of the show...won't happen again.

:lol:

7. Admiral_Young

One might make that mistake when venturing in here without fore knowledge...seriously though I enjoy "Smallville" it is just frustrating to watch. I have had a love/hate relationship with the series for at least the last three seasons which have been substandard in terms of the quality of the series early on (which granted wasn't that great either but at least it was good). Plus we're in the dark days of the hiatus just before any major casting news (I'm not really expecting anything until late this month or sometime next month).

8. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

^
    To be fair S9 is a lot better than S8 and in many ways better than S7 & S6...I think it picks up in greatness where S5 left off...to me was best season of SMALLVILLE.

If I had to rank the seasons...

01. S5 100th Ep seals the deal.
    02. S3 Memoria one of the best Eps ever.
    03. S2 Very iconic, Chris Reeve :bolian:
    04. S1 Classic.
    05. S9 The Zod arc notwithstanding it was a vast improvement.
    06. S7 Would be higher...think the writers strike hurt this one.
    07. S6 Introducing Green Arrow saves this season from being #08.
    08. S4 The whole magic Lana & the stones ruins this one.
    09. 08 Failsday!

9. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

^
    To have Season 7 anywhere but the bottom is a front to intelligent people everywhere.

10. Admiral_Young

I have to disagree with you Jetfire...I think I've stated on several occasions my dislike and boredom of Season Nine. I thought the Zod storyline with the clone Kandorians just went on and on and was paced extremely poorly. The more interesting stuff was clearly the intrigue with Checkmate and Waller's preparation for the coming apocalypse which perhaps we've seen the opening salvo of in "Salvation". I purposely missed about a half dozen episodes this year which i've still not watched yet just out of pure disinterest. I don't remember season eight very well except that it failed miserably and lost all of it's momentum after Lana came back and fundamentally changed Tess's character. Perhaps whatever will happen to Tess will allow the writers to get a better handle on her character which they've clearly not had since that time. Tess like the start of last season started out fresh with tons of potential and clearly had an evil streak. Not to mention she was unknown.

I'm going to have to repeat myself but with the exception of the season nine premier, "Absolute Justice", "Checkmate" and maybe one or two others including "Salvation" I would say this has been one of the worst seasons. I'm glad you thought it was okay Jet but I didn't. As for your episode writing I agree with the first half of it, the bottom half though I liked season four and yeah Lana being possessed by the Contessa or whowever (what's up with Lana being possessed or transformed into both of Clark's weaknesses? It's like the writers are trying to bash us over the head with a message here about her and Clark ;) ) I liked season four. Seven had the awful retconned Veritas storyline and was definitely hurt by the writer's strike (I still would LOVE to read the alternate series finale they had planned if it was there last season) but eight and nine need to follow them IMO.

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

^ I would love to know what M&G were planning for their season 8 that DC nixed causing them to up and leave.

12. Admiral_Young

Apparently there have been "series finale" ideas for the last several season in case CW ended up not picking them up. I'm just really curious about the seven seven one though because Michael would have still been involved.

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

It's all good. I like certain episodes and seasons for different reasons. I feel pretty good about season 9 mainly because of "Salvation" there were a few eps that made it better than 8 or 7...maybe not 6 or 4...but I feel good with it's placing. Maybe 5, 3, 2, 1, 6 & 4 then 9, 7 & 8??? :shrug:

14. Admiral_Young

^ That would work for me!

15. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Honestly, I think the season 7 finale, as is, would have been a solid ender for the entire show. Granted, it ended very dark and Clark never became the Superman as we know from the comics. However, the Vertias storyline (as misguided as it was) tied things from the entire series together, most of the characters got some kind of send-off/resolution, and it closed on the core through line of the show: namely the Clark/Lex relationship.

16. Admiral_Young

^ I think that part of the finale was probably in their original series finale plans they just adjusted to fit with series seven.

17. Guy Gardener

You are trying to imagine a universe where I wouldn't have seen Lois in a French maid outfit.

SHAME ON YOU!

18. Admiral_Young

I'd much prefer seeing Tess or Chloe in a french made outfit...

19. Guy Gardener

Chole yes, of course, without a doubt, but at the time we were just being introduced to Tess for the first time, that we couldn't be sure if she'd have been shit we had no interest in or the complete opposite which was entirely the case.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

http://www.kryptonsite.com/

Not really news...but something. :lol: