Voyager again, for the first time

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by NightJim, Feb 26, 2013.

1. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

I guess you're talking about Warlord. Not one of my favorites

as for the uniforms I would imaging that if they'r going to Sandrine's after their shift they just went straight there without stopping to change.

But keep watching I remember more than a few times when they're in civies

2. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Ah yes, Warlord. Sorry forgot the title.It's by no means brilliant, but I certainly enjoyed it. It had some meat to it, which I think quite of few recent ones have been lacking.

3. Loci2378

Loci2378 Ensign Newbie

Warlord was an average episode in my opinion, but it remembers me of some TOS elements....and yes it was fun to see Kes so angry ;)

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I think that was always my problem with Kes. She seldom got majorly pissed off about anything.

5. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

And when she did, she had a tendency to whine.

Yeah, that's my biggest problem with her.

6. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always thought Lien was really putting out her best in Warlord, even if it's nothing more than a standard alien possession episode.

7. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

yes, I think for Lien that was her best, but that's still not saying much IMO

8. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

The Q and the Gray

or Voyager goes to History battle re-enactments. I liked where this was going, and John DeLancie is never a bad thing, but the whole Civil War finale completely lost me. It also seemed a bit cheap to have it all end with the war ending because the Voyager crew turned up with guns and forced the Q continuum to accept Baby Q.

On another note, is it me or is Neelix's annoyance factor is really starting to ramp up now. He'd kind of have moments here and there but now... It's all the time.

9. KaraBear

KaraBear Captain Captain

Voyager people showed up with Q guns, guns hat could hurt the Q. and they didn't force the continuum to accept baby Q, that was entirely Q and lady Q

10. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

That's still holding a gun to a person's head to accept a peace treaty. It seemed very anti-Federation to me.

Macrocosm.

Decent horror episode, especially when Janeway goes full Ripley. I've got enough of problem with bugs etc that the virus freaked me out even despite the dodgy CG (by today's standards)

However, her only going to the Doctor when she got injured did annoy me. I'd imagine that would be the first thing you'd check when returning to Voyager. The crew disappeared, well lets just try and call the one crew member who doesn't register as a life form to double check he's here.

11. R. Star

The only saving grace of Q and the Grey is Suzie Plakston and even she can't divert from the terribleness that is that episode.

Macrosm... well it's original I'll give it that, though the concept of giant viruses is kinda silly. But science was never one of Braga's strengths, and he's in his element when he's screwing with the audience's head.

12. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know, she is great in it. I wish they had kept her like that!

13. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Fair Trade

Not bad, in fact apart from being a little heavy handed with the friend guilt tripping a pretty decent episode about accidental slip into villainy. I especially liked Janeway's dressing down of Neelix at the end, his beaming smile as he realised he wouldn't be asked to leave, then her knowing smile after he'd left. Without Janeway's smile that last scene would come off a lot harsher, but with that you know she can see just how and why Neelix did what he did.

And I'll admit, when it started with him bugging both Tuvok and Torres, I was worried this was going to be an annoying Neelix episode, as he's been drifting that way a fair bit recently. I'm pleased I was wrong.

14. R. Star

I don't like Neelix. I think he's a jerk of the first order, but I did like Fair Trade. You can really sympathize with him in this episode. The way it just starts with doing a favor to an old friend and then dominos down to being worse and worse. It's not inconceivable for anyone to find themselves in a similar situation.

15. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Absolutely. While I'd remembered him as super annoying, he's not half as annoying as I thought. Just episodes where he is, though the frequency is increasing. On the other hand, the way he treated Kes a lot of the time, especially when jealous was unbelievable.

16. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Alter Ego

For a while there I thought this was going to be a play on Minuet, only this time as a bunny boiler. Though I guess having a sentient hologram like her or Moriaty would cause more problems on a ship that has this EMH on board.

While the episode itself was no great thing, lots of little aspects added up. The slice of life nature for half the show, and Tom's admission that everyone falls for a holo-character from time to time. The burgeoning romance of Tom and B'elanna, and apparently new Vulcan Vorik is a rival to those affections.

(I didn't mention him last episode, but I love how obvious it is that Vorik is going to be a character of importance in the near future. Suddenly a new named character turns up, and not only that but they actually spent time making him an alien)

17. R. Star

Couple that with he's played by the producer's son. ;)

18. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Coda

My God the flirtation between Janeway and Chakotay is getting ridiculous. It's really weird this ends up going nowhere. This is way stronger than any B'elanna/Paris potential.

A decent episode, I like how it jumps between what's happening, using several Trek clichés to keep you away from the truth.

And another shuttle craft crash. The CGI as it's struggling to stay in the air is pretty damn terrible. Oh and Evil Doctor was awesome, and really really scary.

19. Mareika

Mareika Captain Captain

" ridiculous"???
    I never thought the flitation is ridiculous. I think they really love each other, but couldn`t get together.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2013
  20. NightJim

NightJim Captain Captain

Not ridiculous in a silly fashion, in just how blatant and strong it got, which is pretty funny in the same episode Janeway's going on about Tom and B'elanna needing to realise what's in front of them.

Speaking of which:
    Blood Fever.
    The Vorik pay-off. I wonder if the concept was originally for Tuvok, but then the producers realised it would be harder to pay off and created the new character so they could play it off Tom and Torres? I hope there is a Tuvok Pon-farr episode though.

Tom shows great restraint here, and I like it that it takes Chakotay and Tuvok practically giving him an order to do it, he's trying so hard to not take advantage. Then in the turbo lift B'elanna is thanking him for both what he didn't do and what he nearly did to save her. A good "Don't take advantage if they're drunk, except if someone you're ordered to because their life depends on it"

Loved the Doctor's solution. Dirty little hologram.

I also like that just as Amok Time (an episode I've never seen) ends with a fight, so does this, only B'elanna is her own champion and it's a hell of a nasty fight.