TV Pays

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Caliburn24, Aug 12, 2010.

1. Joeman

Joeman Captain Captain

Kate Gosselin shouldn't be getting paid more than $1 per episode. How I loathe that woman.

2. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, I never knew newscasters made 8 figure salaries. And here I thought the anchor was dead.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

You're all missing the big ones there! 400k for voice work! per episode of the Simpsons!! Talk about getting to phone it in!!

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I hope Emily is getting paid as much or FOX might want to explain that one. Also CBS should be ashamed with the TBBT contracts, I mean $40,000. I know contracts talks are close so I expect to see an extra 0 appear on Jim's contract.

5. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Only if you like juvenile humor about sex. If you don't you haven't missed much at all.

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

But consider when he started on Big Bang he was an unknown. Boreanaz, on the other hand, could be said was bringing fans to his show (from Buffy and Angel).

I'm sure as soon as possible, Parsons will renegotiate. He IS the break out star of that show.

7. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

The 400k per episode for some of the Simpsons voice talent does seem awful high, particularly since animated shows are already expensive and that the Simpsons is down in the ratings from what it once was.

But I guess being in syndication non-stop for eternity does wonders for the bottom line.

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There have been nasty contract negotiations for the Simpsons voice actors over the years. I think there were two instances where the show was almost canceled over it.

9. Snaploud

Snaploud Admiral Admiral

The Big Bang Theory hasn't been around that long. Actors can't take full advantage of their tv show's "hit" status until later seasons (unless they were already highly-paid talent before the show started). That's part of the reason why those long-running shows have high salaries. The actors were being paid much less in earlier seasons and were only able to take advantage of the money train after their earliest contract ran out.

As for David Boreanaz: the guy had already starred in his own show prior to Bones, so it makes sense that he would be paid more.

Edit: the voice actors on the Simpsons play a boat-load of different characters, so that partly explains the high cost. Plus, the show is a massive hit running twenty-plus years. I'm not surprised at the price tag.