These Are The Voyages, Season 3...

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Warped9, Jul 5, 2014.

1. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

In slight defense of TATV, there is no ST book--past or present--free of errors. From The Making of and World of Star Trek, The Star Trek Compendium, Inside Star Trek: The Real Story, Star Trek Memories to Star Trek-Where No One Has Gone Before, all suffer from errors.

Some also have regurgitated myth sold as fact, gossip, wrongheaded motives for opinion, etc., but as in the case of any Trek history, we have to take the information, cross check (assuming alternate sources are correct) and hope for a clear, accurate picture.

2. Bad Atom

Bad Atom Commodore Commodore

Sadly, I live on the other side of the country. Now if someone compiled all those files into one document (something similar was done with the Adam West Batman show - call sheets, memos, actor correspondence), now that would be something worth reading and even paying for.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I don't have nearly everything. But PM me.

4. Hambone

Hambone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Because Star Trek fans are their own worst enemies.

5. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Gee, and all this time I was thinking it was their mirror selves who were their worst enemies.

More seriously, you'd actually expect trek devotees to take exception to crummy journalism and dubious ethics with regard to image credit and reproduction. I'm amazed and disappointed that there wasn't more backlash, but that's my idealism surfacing from cynicism.

6. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Nope.

7. plynch

plynch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Because they're rife with error. Because they could have been Glorious.

By the way, speaking of errors, Christopher, if you're out there, I just read a thing about Davy Jones in a newspaper saying they were openers for Jimi Hendrix. Nope.