Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Markonian

Markonian Fleet Admiral Moderator

Would anyone like to see the TAS Bonaventure someday?

2. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

I definitely would! It's a somewhat chunky design, but cool nonetheless. It felt logical in terms of TOS and it would be nice to see it realized "realisticly".

Even more than the Bonaventure, however, I would like to see the Daedalus and the Antares.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Bonaventure would be cool, but I somehow get the impression that it might not be a design that easily translates into three dimensions, much like the TAS Orion Pirate ship.

Come to think of it, I think I'd like to also see the Aurora, either the reverse-Tholian original version or the remastered Space-Hippie Microbus. That thing's Now...Real Now... :D

4. t_smitts

t_smitts Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I dunno about that. Introducing ships that exist solely in the Animated Series get a bit complicated.

I wouldn't mind a Daedalus but from what I've seen on Twitter, they don't seem to regard the idea of the model in Sisko's office and the technically off-screen Daedalus design being one and the same as necessarily being canon. Too bad.

They are doing the Antares, though. That's something to look forward to.

Apparently, there some more TOR-R ships to come, so I'll wager the Aurora is among them. Actually one I'd like to see is the retconned 23rd century Tholian ship. They actually did a nice job of redesigning it so it looks more advanced than the 22nd century one.

5. NOVE9

NOVE9 Commander Red Shirt

Ben has shown renders of the gorn ship, the orion ship and the aurora ship so I'm hoping we get at least a couple of those.

6. mythme

mythme Commodore Commodore

I'm hoping for the Medusan ship from the remastered "Is there In Truth No Beauty". I have a soft spot for spherical hulls. Got the Pasteur last month. Hoping for the Daedelus. I'm sure that will happen eventually.

7. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

If I remember right, Ben Robinson's spoke of the Bonadventure on Twitter and mulling it over. He also hinted that the TOS-R Orion ship might be seen - is it at all like the TAS Orion ship you mentioned?

8. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

I sure hope we get the Daedalus. OK, so, outside of the model on Sisko's desk, it's not appeared on-screen. But it is canon because of that model. So it does count.

As I understand it the issue isn't "canon or not" but a lack of detail; that model had next to none. I asked Ben about such on Twitter, suggested maybe a fan design contest for the details, to which he replied (a better idea) of having one of the many Trek legit ship designers do such work. So he's given it the thought and hopefully we'll get it.

9. 137th Gebirg

Not familiar with the TOS-R version, but here's the TAS version:
    [​IMG]

10. mythme

While I'm not opposed to the design of the TAS's Orion ship, the color its what makes me reject it. Sitting next to the other models THAT would look REALLY out of the place. (Same goes for the Kzinti "Traitor's Claw" - don't want no pink ships!)

TOS-R, however, has some interesting "new" ships. Aside from the Antares (which we are getting - and was based on TAS cargo drone), other cool designs were the Medusan ship (which is apparently a Federation craft), the upgraded Eymorg Ion Drive, the Aurora and the barely seen but still cool Orion intruder and the Gorn ship (which they seem to be considering). And of course, hoping for Starbase 6 which was based on the Vanguard design.

11. NOVE9

NOVE9 Commander Red Shirt

So i received my delivery this month the nausicaan fighter and the valdore. I also received my free borg cube which surprised me considering that I'm a late subscriber in Australia and other regions are having to wait for so long. Still took 10 months though.

12. mythme

if I might attempt some ironic humor - since our airport security measures here in the US have proved to fail 95% of the time, maybe we'll get our Borg cubes now.

13. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Just got the Defiant and the Jem'Hadar Battlecruiser off of ebay (as the official shop is always out of stock)

That takes my total to 34 (of the 48 released so far) ... and originally I only wanted two :)

14. t_smitts

Yeah, I got the battlecruiser from ebay, and have gotten a five more since then. (In fact, since it's payday, I'm thinking of checking in my local store today and seeing what he's got).

They're like Pringles. There's no way you're gonna stop at one or two. :lol:

15. Nate

Nate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anybody else in the U.S. have trouble with this months shipment ? Got charged on 6/2 for the Intrepid and Bioship but still haven't seen them. Never got the shipping confirmation email either. I've called Eaglemoss and they are sending replacements but the lack of the email makes me concerned for future months.

16. 137th Gebirg

Got those two a while back. No problems. Might want to give them a call.

17. mswood

mswood Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the same boat, but it hasn't been the 21 days they asked us to wait before calling, otherwise i would have already.

When I first started O was often waiting 2 and a half weeks to nearly 4 weeks for my ships to arrive, but by issue 20 or so they now usually get her 10 -15 days.

18. mswood

With us getting a look at 70 of the 90 ships that have been approved to date what are the models you are most worried won't be made?

MyTop Ten are;
    1. Daedalus
    2. Tamarian/ T'Lani cruiser, I am okay with either form of that ship.
    3. Merchantman
    4. Conestoga (love the look of this early warp ship, great model for something that's only shown as a few pictures on Mayweather's display.
    5. Jem'hadar battleship
    6. Spacedock
    7. Regula One
    8. Klingon D5
    9. ShuttlePod
    10. Arctic One (Heck I even want one that is partially transformed into a Borg Vessel).

Now of course there are many, many others i would want. For stations in addition i want k7, Caretaker Array, the Klingon Ty'Gokor Station, Cardassian Repair Station, Jupiter Station, and any of the few Dry-docks (not McKinely station which is the most boring looking one) that we could actually fit our ships into.

Shuttles, in addition to the four mentioned and the Shuttlepod from Enterprise I would love the Shuttle from Insurrection, Romulan Shuttle (likely), Vulcan Shuttles several choices from Enterprise), Work Bee, Inspection Pod from Enterprise (Enterprise had a huge catalog of ships and some of them I absolutely love). Xindi shuttle (archer uses to go when they find the main weapon, Ferengi Shuttle ugly but was featured several times, TNG's type 7 (original shuttle for TNG with curves to match the design of the D, Argo Shuttle, Vulcan Warp Sled with starfleet shuttlecraft, Travel Pod shown in such beautiful shots as seeing the refit Enterprise for the first time, Suliban Pod shown often, significant player on Enterprise.

Small ships Kazon Raider, NX Prototype, Insurrection scout Ship, vulcan Survey Ship from ENT, or the ship in First Contact, Orion ship from ENT. Pirate ship in Gambit I & II from TNG, Bajoran fighter, Warp Delta from ENT, Jenolan, Romulan Scout Ship from TNG's Defector. Heck I even want one of the weapon Pods that Cardassia uses against the Federation/Klingon/Romulan Alliance.

Freighters: Xhosa, Cardassian freighter, Horizon, Karma ship from DS9.

Larger Ships Tellertite ship from Ent, the Reptilian ship from Enterprise, Borg Cube, Borg diamond, one Son'a ship, scimitar, Kazon Carrier or large Trabe vessel, Xindi Weapon, Fesarius.

And thats without any ships that are modified from other models. So many ships that need to be done.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
  19. t_smitts

Not a bad list, though I'm not sure if some of those would be feasible. The Xindi weapon, for example had lot of moving parts.

My wish list would be as follows:

-Merchantman (In 30 years, nobody's done this ship except I think as a gaming piece!)
    -USS Jenolan
    -Groumall (Dukat's freighter)
    -Batris / Xhosa
    -Xindi-Reptilian ship
    -Degra's ship
    -Jem'Hadar battleship
    -Tellarite ship / Xindi-Arboreal ship
    -23rd century Tholian ship (remastered version)
    -Klingon D5
    -Aurora (remastered version)
    -Arctic One (can't decide if I'd want a pristine version or an assimilated version). ;)

Some lower priority ones I can think of would be:

-Promellian battle cruiser
    -Ferengi shuttlepod
    -T'Pau (Vulcan ship)
    -The mean-looking harvester ship from "Fight or Flight". (It just looked interesting).
    -Goroth's ship from "Bounty" (if only so they could say they covered every Klingon ship).
    -Tarkalean freighter from "Regeneration".

Sidenote, I purchased the Tholian ship today. It's a neat-looking ship but not perfect. I don't like the big seam cutting across the nose of the ship. Also the fact the nose it metal makes it a bit front-heavy, which can cause it to fall over when plug it into the stand and base.

I was torn between that and getting the 22nd century Klingon BOP (which, when I saw it person, was REALLY small!). I'll probably get that next payday.

20. mswood

The 22nd Century Klingon Bird of Prey is tiny, one of the smallest models, but it happens to be really well crated, with strong detailing on it.