Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mr Light, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Anybody else get this?

I enjoyed the first game but found it very difficult for my poor skill set, I really wish there was a difficulty level. Well, the second is just like the first! Identical in every way I can remember for good or bad.

Anyone know how the health packs work? I know I'm picking them up but I don't know how to use them. Are they used automatically and you don't press a button?

2. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

If it is anything like the first one, your health packs should be in your inventory. Just go into it and click "use". Or, you can just do what I did and get yourself a healing sheild and never have to worry about health packs.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm in the early hours, when I'm severely underpowered and almost dying all the time :lol: I'm at Level 7 now, I have a shield with very slow regenerating powers. It appears that the health packs are instant healing and not held, maybe later in the game you get the ones you can hold onto...?

4. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At first I was dying a lot, but now I've got a pretty badass setup. I've got pistols with fire and acid rounds, a shield that if anybody melees me, they get ate up with acid, and regenerating health. I'm a level 13 Gunzerker.

So far, I think the game is a lot funnier than the first ones. Handsome Jack's messages and announcements are hilarious and remind on of Bill Lumbergh, "Yeah, if you could just go ahead and just off yourself, that would be great."

The only things I don't like are the Pyro Nomads and the Suicide Psychos (especially when they gang up on you). But, the Psycho quotes are even better this time: "LOOK ME IN THE EYE WHEN I'M STARING AT YOU!" :lol:

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm a Level 8 soldier, I just got to Sanctuary and I finally have a vehicle. All that walking around was getting really tedious. Early on I had a major ammo problem, because, I realized, I was using sniper and machine guns, and all the drops were for pistols.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Anytime I play this game or the first one, I'm constantly on the verge of dying. I'm not the greatest FPS player in the first place but I always feel like I'm doing something wrong. I play the commando class and I shoot from cover, always running back to a hiding spot to shoot because they can take out my shields so damn quickly. I deploy my turret whenever possible. I'm Level 12 at the mo and I favor a fire pistol for little guys and a explosive rifle for the bigger guys.

7. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Currently at Level 15 and going Commando!! I'm playing this on the PS3. I hope that I can get some storable health packs soon because the few times I've died, they would've been totally avoidable if I'd had a health pack.

I'm really impressed with the upgrades so far. Looking for some Eridium to upgrade my storage and abilities, but its been very scarce so far. Ran into a few Borderlands 1 characters too. A very awesome touch!

8. Jimi_James

Jimi_James Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I want this game...desperately because I loved the first one, but I'm strapped for cash right now, so it will have to wait a while. I'm so behind on gaming right now. I haven't played anything new since Mass Effect 3.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I forget how healing works in BL1, but I can't believe that medpacks are only for instant use and can't be stored!

10. Whizzer

Whizzer Commander Red Shirt

I had some success by switching in the right shield for certain enemies.
    I usually go for a quick recharge with melee spike damage shield, but having one shield with "Immunity to fire" and one with "reduced damage from explosions" in your inventory is useful.
    Suicide grenade bandits are far less scary if they barely do any damage, same for pyro bandits if your immune to fire damage.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm at the rescue Roland in the dam mission... what's the secret to taking out the huge guys with the shields? I toss my turret out to distract them then try to shoot at their side with my explosive rifle...

12. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

So I either found a bug/cheat or a random glitch...

I was fighting the huge robot constructor thing at the end of the dam mission. I hadn't even managed to take his shields down yet (!) and I died cowering in that little manhole behind him. When I respawned.... the boss was dead! I picked up the loot and it told me to take the fast travel to the next part of the mission.

13. Turd Ferguson

Ooohhh I hated that mission. I started it about three in the morning, thinking "One more mission and I'll go to bed." Well, four hours later I was fighting the gigantic robot and getting my ass handed to me. So, I gunzerked with an acid rifle and rocket launcher and eventually took the bastard down.

Borderlands 2 is a fun game. It just seems a few of the missions border more on the tedious side this time around. And this has been the main offender so far.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

The other thing that pisses me off is the missions take HOURS to finish and if you stop halfway through at a save point and restart the game later... you restart at the BEGINNING of the mission and have to kill all the same people over again! I usually like to play games in one hour increments and I hate ones that don't let you save when you want without penalty!

15. Turd Ferguson

When I did the "Dam Fine Mission" I quit for the night (morning) after the Constructor carried Roland off again. When I restarted the next day, I was still in the same place as when I quit. Just be sure to quit whenever you reach a New U station and you shouldn't have to replay the whole mission.

16. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Just got to level 15......it's a bit more harder to level up than the first game but i like that, makes it more enjoyable.

17. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah, when there's a scene change you're okay, but if you advance halfway through one location, even if you pass save points, if you quit the game, it puts you back at the beginning.

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I'm also playing this and I'm really enjoying it. I'm playing with Zero (the assassin) and I'm currently at level 22.

19. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have a level 11 Commando and a level 9 Gunzerker so far. The game seems to be a LOT more fun than the original game which I thought sucked. I still wish they would give you more abilities and take away the stupid health packs though. Any FPS in this day and age that eschews a regenerating health model instantly loses points in my book.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Help! I'm on the Wildlife Preserves mission where I have to get into the holding cells to rescue Bloodwing. I get to the entrance where the map marker is... but there's no way to enter the door! I wandered around a good 10 minutes looking for something. What the hell am I supposed to do to get the door open???