NFL Talk - 2010-11 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Sep 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Preseason is over, the Rosters have been cut, and on Thursday it all gets going for reals with New Orleans and Minnesota. I always look forward to this time of year and the start of the NFL Season. How does your team look, and who's going to the Super Bowl.

As for my Niners, I'm nervous. Everyone is predicting them to win the devision and while I hope that's the case, they still have an unproven QB and that's where the season hinges on this year. However, Gore, Crabtree, and maybe Davis are still great and we have the best Middle LB in the game in Willis.

Also, just to start the conversation, I love NFL Redzone. Looking forward to Week 1, no commercials, and just whipping around the league getting the big plays. I remember last year when Cincinnati played Baltimore the first time and it was a hell of a game, I got to see pretty much most of it on Redzone. It really is the best invention since sliced bread.

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I hope I get to see 5-6 Bears games on TV this year. If not, I'll resort to Gamecast. I like watching the Falcons ok, but just can't ever get excited about them.

3. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

And the Cardinals have waived Matt Leinart. Man... how bad do you have to be, when you can't beat out Derek Anderson who was waived by the Browns who desperately have needed a QB the past few seasons?

4. Starbreaker

It must be something personal with Leinart. I just think he needs a change of scenery.

5. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well if the rumors about him loving the high life but not wanting to do any of the work, I think he needs to be exiled to a Mid-Western team, where the temptations of a big city aren't as easily accessible, then maybe he can re-build his game and be able to get back into top QB form.

6. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Matt Leinart signs with Houston.

T.J. Houshmandzadeh signs with Baltimore.

Darrelle Revis gets four years, $46 million from the Jets.

7. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

I won't pretend to know everything about the NFL, but where contracts are guaranteed, why didn't the Jets tell Revis to go take a hike?

8. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

In terms of pay, NFL contracts aren't guaranteed; only signing bonuses are.

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Because he's one of the best defensive players in the NFL.

My Beloved Rams ended the pre-season 3-1, with Bradford looking decent and Jackson healthy. Big bummer about Donnie Avery though.

Like most fans I am brimming with optimism today. I think we have a real chance at going 5-11.

:techman:

PS: What the frak is going on in Denver?

[LEFT]By making moves involving Jarvis Green, Brandon Stokley and Alphonso Smith, Denver squanders about $6 million.

Read more: Shaping Broncos' roster creates bunch of dead money - The Denver Post [/LEFT]

10. The Great Meech

The Great Meech Vice Admiral Admiral

Indeed, the defence for the Jets is built around Revis shutting down a receiver. And I, as a Jets fan, am thrilled he's back.

Also, Leinart's a Texan? Wasn't Grossman there last year? Is Houston where embarassed quarterbacks go for rehab?

11. Timby

12. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

I have no clue. Smith couldn't play dead and there's more than a couple rookie DBs on the roster who outplayed him - Perrish Cox and Syd'Quan Thompson, and they signed Nate Jones in the off season.

Stokely's injured, with a torn groin so they're buying him out with a settlement. He didn't play special teams so it's hard to be a backup and not play special teams.

Green got outplayed in practice and minicamps.

[​IMG]

13. Timby

With Jarron Gilbert, Al Afalava and Juaquin Iglesias cut, unless Lance Louis and DJ Moore make huge strides and become all-world players this year, Jerry Angelo will have gotten exactly one good player out of the 2009 draft class (Johnny Knox). Beekman's gone, too. You know, Jerry, it doesn't speak very well for your ability to evaluate talent when you cut everybody a year after you draft them. And you're a fucking idiot for thinking that you'd be able to sneak LeFevour, a guy who set records in college and handled the offense better than anyone else this preseason, through waivers and put him on the practice squad. The Bengals saw right through that little stunt, you idiot. What about putting Hanie on injured reserve and throwing The Fever into the third-string role? That would have kept Martz happy, since he would have had 57-year-old Todd Collins sitting on the bench and occasionally shitting his Depends, and you would have kept a guy who could become a pretty good quarterback in the future.

Wait, that would have made sense. Right. Sorry. My bad.

In any event, after your almost hilariously inept inability to improve the offensive line for four years running results in Suh clobbering Cutler like Hurricane Katrina, I hope you get raped by an elephant.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  14. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm a Pats fan, and have no idea what to expect.

11-5 and a nice playoff run wouldn't surprise me, neither would 8-8 with no postseason berth. They're in a tough division with a brutal schedule.

15. Timby

I don't think it's out of the question for both AFC wild card teams to come out of the East. I'm also thinking the Patriots are looking at a 9 - 7 season.

16. Spider

Spider Dirty Old Man Premium Member

To back up Schaub, going into training camp, the Texans had Dan "Run Out of the Back of the End Zone" Orlovsky (who went 0 - 16 as a starter in Detroit) and John "Throw Over or Behind Everyone" Booty. Booty was released and we pick up Matt "Hot Tub" Leinart. I'm not sure how Leinart can be worse than Orlovsky. I was hoping we'd keep Grossman, but Grossman left for Houston East (Washinton) to play. Like most teams in the NFL, if our starting QB goes down we are screwed.

17. Starbreaker

Grossman continues to go places places thinking he's going to have a shot and then they bring in somebody else. He'll probably get a shot in week 5 or 6 when McNabb breaks something, though.

18. pork3

pork3 Commander

With that defense (with Ty Warren and Leigh Bodden out), I wouldn't be surprised as well.
    With that said, the Jets offense has looked abysmal this preseason, so it'll be interesting to see how the teams fare against each other this season.
    As well, the 'phins seem to be balanced in both facets of the game.

-Jamman

19. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Pats O vs. Jets D - Irresistable Force vs. Immovable Object

Pats D vs. Jets O - About as exciting as watching linoleum tile warp

20. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Denver Broncos are undefeated so far this season.

I figured I would declare that while I still could.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.