Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

No and I don't want to thanks! In fact let's have a show of hands. Who here wants to discuss spoilers? :rolleyes:

Seriously mate, if you want to talk about that stuff then please go start a ME3 spoiler discussion thread.

[Edit] Actually, I'm not sure I even want to take the chance that some idiot or troll will just go ahead and spill the beans. I'm going into blackout mode now folks, see you on the other side!

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

No. No spoilers whatsoever in here. I haven't even played the demo. I want my experience to be fresh.

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Ixnay on the oilerspay, thank you very much. If you're that curious about what happens, go and look it up. But if you do, then please keep it to yourself.

4. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You know what would make this 4½ year wait for the end of the trilogy perfect? If someone would tell me the ending in this thread before I had a chance to play the game. That would be great. :techman:

Wait, no, that would suck. :vulcan:

5. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I haven't heard any details, and I don't particularly want to. I do know that the Bioware forums are full of the worst examples of sci-fi fandom that seem to hate the very thing they claim to be fans of and are looking for any excuse to complain about it. I doubt that there's any ending that would please them.

Not saying that they're definitely wrong, but I don't think their complaints by themselves are any particular cause for concern.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  6. Skywalker

So I'm still playing the multiplayer demo, and after only having the salarian Infiltrator and turian Sentinel for all these weeks, I finally unlocked the asari Adept and the quarian Engineer last night. The quarian's okay, but holy crap is the asari awesome. I outfitted her with a sniper rifle, and leveled Stasis up all the way, and it's headshot city with her! :lol:

ETA: And, not more than two minutes after I posted this, I just unlocked the krogan Soldier. At last! :D

7. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

Oh I wasn't looking for spoilers, I guess I just wanted my fears reduced, no more talk about this :)

8. Skywalker

Sorry, didn't mean to snap. We're just very protective about spoilers, is all. For what it's worth, a lot of the posters at the BioWare forums are super negative about every little thing they don't like. So take their complaints with a grain of salt.

If anyone here visits the BioWare forums, DO NOT GO THERE in the next few days if you want to avoid being spoiled. A friend of mine was just telling me how she accidentally read what she called two major spoilers because people put them in their thread titles. And this was in what's supposed to be the "No Spoilers Allowed" forum. So it's not really safe anywhere over there right now.

9. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

Thanks for the warning!

10. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Fixed that for you. ;)

Sadly. :(

Can't wait for ME3 to arrive! I have 2 Shepards ready to go, one male and one female and I think I'll start with FemShep first since that's a more complete game than the other one. Missed a lot of the side-missions in ME2 with my first Shepard, so I'm probably going to go back and finish those up before loading it into 3.

Also have a 3rd Shepard in the works, but he's still stuck in ME1.

11. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, but have you been to Bioware's forum? Obi-Wan's description of Mos Eisley could as well apply to the Bioware forum.

I have three Shepards that are ready to go, myself. One male paragon who is the pinnacle of virtue, and frankly a little insufferable. One male renegade, who is just a dick. Then I have a female that is mostly paragon, but not afraid to make renegade choices when the situation calls for it. I think I'm gonna start with the male paragon, as he was my first Shepard, so shall he be the first whose story I complete.

12. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I'm pretty much avoiding bioware's forum. There are some threads where it's not too bad, but spoilers are getting posted everywhere. I saw one or two and that's way too much.

I probably won't get to play the game til next friday or saturday, but my mostly paragon Shep will be first up. She didn't do every mission in the first game, but I think I've covered most in the second (even if quite a few of the non-essentials were done after the last mission)

13. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

Amazon has shipped my game guide, but is holding back on shipping the game. Does anyone know why they would do this? (I didn't order the CE.)

14. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Probably to avoid breaking the street date.

15. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As bullethead said, they don't want to break street date on the game - publishers get tickly about that. If you ordered it with release-date shipping, don't expect it to ship until Monday.

16. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

Without going into spoilers, the more I read about this game, the more I think how overly complicated this game is, and how by forcing the players to concentrate on the mechanics of the game that the developers may have taken the fun out of the game.

A bright side in receiving the guide early is that I can plan the best route; otherwise, I think I be would lost.

17. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished my first run through ME1 and connected it to a second run through of ME2.

And now, there is just the waiting...it is on order from Amazon...

18. OdoWanKenobi

Or you could just play the game and see where your choices take you.:wtf:

19. stonester1

stonester1 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly. Otherwise, where's the fun?

20. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Yup. As a matter of fact, thats what really makes Mass Effect so much fun. My first playthrough was very flawed. Some of my people died along the way and I've killled some people I probably shouldn't have. At the end of the day though, the flaws in my play-through make it a more compelling story.