Smallville Summer Hiatus Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Since NX has been in charge of this before...not sure if he included a spoiler warning so if anyone has news or whatever to report use the ususal spoiler code! I was reading an interview with Kelly Sounders who is of course one of the co-show runners who stated that they're fully aware of what Lois and Clark mean to the fans and said something like Lois and Clark Forever! So that means we'll get more Lois and Clark angst and Erica is signed up for 17 episodes this season as I mentioned in the other thread.

2. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

^ The 17 episode thing isn't definite yet AFAIK, since a whole lot of people over on TWOP would be moaning about it if it were.

Also:
    Allison actually signed a two year deal, seasons 8 and 9. You're right about it being close though. And she talked in a recent interview about working with the writers and looking for ways to write out her character at the end of the coming season. Of course, Chloe only needs to be written out of the show if Smallville gets a season 10, which Tom and (I think?) Erica are signed for. But with Smallville's move to friday nights and the CW's continuing troubles, another season doesn't look too likely.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2009
  3. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm just waiting for Perry White to come back to the show. I seriously expect to see a casting announcement for him, but it'll be Perry White jr, the son of Perry White sr seen in season 3. That way he'll be young and sexy enough to appeal to the teen girl fanbase.

4. Admiral_Young

LOL...yep that seems like it could be a realistic possibilitiy. I would have liked to seen more episodes with Carrie Fisher as the EIC she was only in like two or three episodes back in season seven. I guess that got changed when Lex bought the planet and installed himself as the EIC which was lame since it really didn't serve any purpose except to put him in a location where he could hinder Lois, Chloe, and Clark easier. I've been expecting to hear casting announcements for Perry White the last three or four seasons but alas...he's gotta come some time! Or else if you wanted to go a Smallville way cast the Daily Star editor from the original Superman comics.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If we get Perry, then there's no reason to think that we won't get a little bit of Martha too... I mean approach them as a couple. Ask them if they want to be a TV couple just like they are in real life?

Then you start to wonder if they're "screen-kissing" or really "real-kissing" as the romanticness of everything pushes them together characters and actors alike.

At which point I will just die if she doesn't say "I haven't slept with anyone since Lionel Luthor." Which "if" she did, you'd have to wonder if she'd consider that her scarlet va-jayjay is cursed?

6. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Does anyone know what the timeslot on Friday will be? I'm assuming 8:00 P.M., but that's not a given.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

8:00pm with a rerun of America's Next Top Model or 90210 at 9:00.

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

So, season nine. Here we come.

According to KryptonSite (whre else?), a new character is coming to town. Mason. Not much is known other than he is mysterious, charismatic, outgoing, and has a connection to Tess. The people over at K-Site think "Mason" is cover name for Zod. Joe Manganiell apparently auditioned for the role.

Also, according to K-Site, it appears that Sam Witwer as Davis Bloome is still listed as being in the credits for season 9. His name was listed in the upfront presentations. This could easily be an error, but Aaron Ashmore's name was removed. Then again, maybe they did this intentionally to keep things a mystery? Who knows.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Smallville is signed up to do 2 new seasons right?

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I've heard different things different places. TVGuide said in late February/early March Smallville was renewed for 2 seasons. Then I heard only Welling is signed for 2 seasons and not the show (still on a 1 year contract with review at the end of the season).

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

God, I hope not!

12. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It is being rumored that Witwer will be playing Zod. It was said when Zod's wife was in Lois' body that he looked exactly like Zod.

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Should be required to take "KNNEEEELLLL!!!" lessons from Terence when he comes in to do his VO work.

14. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ Ha Ha

15. Admiral_Young

The Mason character has also been reported at Kryptonsite as being Smallville's version of Rex Mason, when it was first reported they had some dialouge from a script and there is a scene with Mason and Tess. I suppose though it could be General Zod...as we know he's taken possession of a human body and we know that Davis is kind of a pawn in a larger plan and has served as a Vassal for Doomsday.

16. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not likely.

SOMEONE at DC or Time Warner sure put their foot down about Jimmy Olsen being too old for the traditional character. (He's supposed to be what? Ten years younger than Clark and Lois?) What do we get at the end of season eight? The Jimmy we've come to know and like gets MURDERED and BURIED (and from the reports we've heard, that's not going to be changed by time travel...Ashmore is GONE from the cast), despite the wedding vows it seems James wasn't his first name, and from the looks of things his LITTLE BROTHER may end up as THE Jimmy Olsen.

With such a drastic change, seemingly based on "correcting an error", I doubt we'll end up seeing a young guy as Perry White. He's supposed to be a lot older than Clark and Lois. With the Jimmy situation, I doubt they'll go for an age-inaccurate character again.

I'm just waiting for Mxyzptlk to come back and turn out to actually be from a parallel universe, only now discovering the extent of his powers. :p

17. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

metamorpho would be an entirely difficult and expensive cgi character to... i wonder what he would look like as stop motion claymation walking along side everyone else in real life?

But mason is a batman character more than a super man charcter. so they'd only tap him if they accidentally chanced upon a superb SFX likeness of his abilities.

fingers crossed

18. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

so is it confirmed for 2 seasons? i have seen articles naming season 9 as "final season". >_<

19. gastrof

gastrof Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's neither confirmed for 2 more nor as ending with season 9.

Welling is signed for a 10th IF THERE IS ONE. All we know for sure is that there'll be a 9th.

20. roguephoenix

roguephoenix Captain Captain

ah! so the actors (or just welling) signed on for 2 more, but whether 10th season will happen will depend on 9. ok.