Star Trek Into Darkness Synopsis Revealed!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by StarTrek1701, Nov 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devon

Devon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With a personal score to settle, Captain Kirk leads a manhunt to a war-zone world to capture a one man weapon of mass destruction

You obviously don't work for a marketing department of a studio who just threw nearly $200 Million Dollars to a film and actually want to make it back and then some.

A film of two hours of doing nothing but taking scans and readings is not summer blockbuster material....

There is no "Terrible Mistake." The beginning of May is typically considered the beginning of the "Summer Movie Season." The 2009 film was considered a summer tentpole film even though it came out in May as well.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  2. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Sulu getting recruited was an easter egg in the ongoing IDW comic.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

SPOILERS!!!!

4. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Unstoppable force of Terror = Genetic Superhumans. Khan.
    War-Zone World = Battle with Klingons and Feds.

Detonated = Bang!

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Detonated the fleet" sounds really awkward. "Destroyed" would have been a better choice. But I guess something had to sound weird, because they made the name of the movie sound awesome - "...that takes Star Trek Into Darkness." *thunderclap*

Cumberbatch as a "one man weapon of mass destruction" sounds awesome. I stick by my "Starfleet-bred Augment" theory. Not Mitchell or Khan, but close enough to the latter for AICN to have called him that.

It sounds big and epic, turning Trek on it's head (again) from the outset. I can't wait!

6. Kirks_Flying_Wig

Kirks_Flying_Wig Commander Red Shirt

I would hope "detonated" is the result of a really bad audio typist mishearing the word "decimated".

7. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

That would make sense. Still...it´s probably connected to A LOT of "bang"

8. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Or it could be that whatever happened caused the fleet to metaphorically detonate and get divided into factions.

9. ralph

ralph Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree with SalvorHardin

"an unstoppable force has detonated the fleet and everything it stands," it sounds metaphorical. What is the purpose of the Fleet? Pike describes Starfleet as a "peacekeeping and humanitarian armada".
    Cumberbatch (and perhaps with the section 31) has detonated the Fleet as armed peacekeeping, divided in two factions (pros and cons. war), discovered a powerful weapon and is trying to invade the Klingon Empire.

If it is right he could be Garth of Izar.
    Garth of Izar was an underexplored character in TOS and he can be modified to become someone with some superhuman abilities, not like Mitchell, but like Khan.

10. Hythlodeus

Hythlodeus Commodore Commodore

Am I the only one who thinks Cumberbatch may be Kirk's brother? A foe close to Jim, that leaves him with only the crew of the Enterprise as family?

11. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

" for the only family Kirk has left: his crew."

Does this imply that Kirk's mother and brother are killed off in this movie?

12. EJD1984

EJD1984 Captain Captain

Or it could be that a Gary Mitchell is on a jealous/vengeful rampage, and killing everyone close to Kirk.

Edit Addition: Mitchell could be from Section 31 - and part of an experiment that went wrong.

13. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

But it is fairly new for a Star Trek movie. I bet DS 9 was the biggest influence for this one.

14. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, this totally sounds like "Section 31 in TOS." The only weird bit is the whole "detonated" thing - I really, really hope that they're not blowing up more ships and are going for a more "Starfleet civil war" thing.

15. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some of that synopsis reads like it was written by someone who doesn't speak English very well. Has anyone seen the press release, or is it on the Paramount website?

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

According to all the sites posting it, it's from a Paramount press release, although I can't find the original source.

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That synopsis is the official Paramount press release.

Anyhoo, although not overly enthused, I'm also not against this. That plot synopsis has me in a better mood than Trek XI's did. Although this still sounds like dumb action flick, I've come to expect that from Bad Robot.

And Cumberbatch's identity still isn't revealed.

18. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

It will be probably feature some politicians. I wonder which direction will they go.

Space Bilderbergers/P2 Lodge trying to set up a dictatorship just to have more power.

Or there is an enemy that cannot be dealt with by a democratic geovernment so some higherups think the Federation needs to be dictatorship for a while.

Considering Orci's next series it would not suprise me if we would see some False Flag Terrorism. I only sen that done well once. It was in Khakee. great movie. I only seen one movie involving False Flag Terrorism as part of the plot.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0347332/

19. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Everyone says it's the official press release. I'm asking where the press release itself is posted, not just quoted.

20. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Folks are clutching at straws to make this into Gary Mitchell. It ain't.

Bingo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.