Season TWO OFFICIAL TNG Blu-Ray Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by JJ-R, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Seems like a silly reason for mistrusting reviewers. The audio issues were only on certain audio tracks, and only on a few episodes. That's an easy thing to miss when you're trying to evaluate a 26-episode release on deadline.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

It's not just this Trek release. I can't count the number of times I've bought a high-profile video game that got 9/10 on the review that turned out to be buggy pieces of shit.

Better to trust people that aren't counting on relationships with the companies producing the material and drawing site traffic.

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Many video game review sites are in bed with the industry, but not all of them are. I've always liked Game Revolution, for example. They tend to be pretty fair, and rarely give out the highest marks.

4. jimbotron

jimbotron Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I forwarded my concerns to Bill Hunt at The Digital Bits, and I just received this reply:

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Kind of cryptic. Does that mean HDV-Illuminate won't be working on further seasons?

6. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Well THAT's certainly interesting. Has he heard something from CBS that we haven't?

7. jimbotron

I sent a followup mail for clarification. Maybe CBS will be announcing something soon.

8. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

Lets hope to hell he has heard something from them.

No more outsourcing CBS...but also, don't work CBS-Digital to the bone. Give them more time to do the job right.

9. jimbotron

Proper time or not, I'd rather watch the results of CBS-D rushing than HTV rushing.

10. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

About people learning their lessons - if this is true, that CBS has planned against HTV Illuminate doing the other seasons, then this will be another strike against this company. ST:TNG is a marquee name, and doing it successfully would I believe restore of the reputation that HTV Illuminate claimed it had.

The question I have is this, if, we as fans, are able to find as much as we did, and that is by doing web search, why didn't CBS do the same and vet this company before assigning them the work? Certainly, there had to be other restoration companies in Hollywood that have better track records.

11. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

The awards and acknowledgments on HTV's page says it all.

http://www.htvinc.com/content/conte...ents&subchoice=awards&subnav=about-htv&hx=553

12. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I was actually curious about that. I did a google search earlier to see who else was talking about TNG and HTV, but other than here, Trekcore, and a little bit on Blu-ray.com, I didn't really see anything.

Am I missing something?? I always assumed this was just one of dozens (if not hundreds) of Trek forums out there, but now it's kinda looking like the only one. That can't be right, can it?

13. jimbotron

14. jimbotron

AVSForum has picked up on it too.

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1269677/star-trek-tng-seasons-remastered-on-blu-ray/2160

15. Beta-Z

Beta-Z Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Over here in Germany it's been heavily discussed as well. ;)

16. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

I have been able to watch a couple of eps...

These ropey VFX composites just pale into insignificance, ultimately even with them its just so far far superior to what I have seen for the last 20 years that it doesn't matter ! :D Awesome stuff. I will chill out now, its unfortunate that they weren't up to CBSD specs but like I said, its so much better than what we had before :) Yes, we can see the defects in an isolated still, but when cut with the new HD footage even my brain is fooled. Make sure you buy it!

17. Maxwell Everett

Maxwell Everett Commodore Commodore

No titles on the discs... they look exactly like the replacement discs for season one. As far as the episode guide, the list on the reverse side of the artwork is visible inside the case this time because there's no disc holder there (due to this season being only 5 discs). So there's not really any need for me to release a separate guide -- but I will anyway for the sake of consistency... also there's still a ring impression where the disc would go and that overlaps some text. So do the two clasps.

18. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Where? :confused:

19. Beta-Z

Maxwell, here in Germany we got an episode guide for S1 that looks almost exactly like the one you've made. Same fonts, same layout. Did you know that? :)

20. Beta-Z

http://forum.cinefacts.de/200721-star-trek-serie-178.html