what's next for Marvel (movies)?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Temis the Vorta, May 6, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Any idea how trustworthy all of this is?

2. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

3. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Well, darned if that doesn't sound even dumber than Guardians of the Galaxy. :p

5. Turtletrekker

Nah. Guardians will be cool. "Human Fly" sounds dumb.

6. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Somewhere in my parents attic back home I have some Human Fly issues. Found them in a $1 box in the 80's. Don't even recall the details of the character.

I'm hoping that Simon Pegg is directed to play the role more straight and not out right comedic. I fully believe that if the Ant-Man character is handled properly(aka not funny) there is potential to change some tunes on him.

I'm a fan of the original Guardians of the Galaxy so color me not fully impressed by the raccoon and tree version of the team.

Big Hero 6---pass

7. Ian Keldon

Ian Keldon Fleet Captain

It is simply amazing how hard they work to come up with some stupid choices for their next projects...

Big Hero Six? GAH!

The GOTG movie sounds lame with the use of the 'modern' cast instead of the classic lineup, but then they don't have to get into backstory and world-building for the slack-jawed yokel crowd.

Give us some projects set in the 616 universe already, or at least something other than the Marvel Movie universe.

Projects on my "want list":

Thunderbolts
    Darkhawk
    Cloak and Dagger (seems like the current project as sputtered out)
    Nova
    New Warriors

8. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How the heck do you do a Thunderbolts movie? The twist at the end won't have any impact without WAY more movies.

Unless you don't mean the classic, first team? But then that goes against your Guardians comment? Not to mention getting the rights to all of the characters in use, especially Osborn or Juggernaut. But that still doesn't work without way more movies setting things up. Otherwise it's just another generic earth-based team with nothing special to say.

And if THAT team can work, why can't the Guardians?

I think there's loads of potential there, especially since they'll probably be introducing Nova that way, who as you rightfully point out, is awesome. And the new stuff is great and easy enough to explain in a movie. Plus everything I read is saying what a strong script it has.

9. Trek4Ever

Trek4Ever Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

One idea is to have them be the adversary in an Avengers movie. Have them set up as a rival team, probably more popular with the twist revealed midway in the film and they turn into the Masters of Evil and fight the Avengers in the climax.

10. Turtletrekker

I haven't seen this news posted here yet. Apologies if this info snuck its way into another thread that I missed.

Edgar Wright speaks about Ant-Man at Comic-con...

Also, Simon Pegg commented on Edgar Wright's upcoming schedule on Twitter...

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Hmm, if Ant-Man starts shooting next year, Marvel will probably be shooting for a 2015 release. I'm guessing that The Avengers 2 will also probably come out in 2015 (IMO, they should lock up the first weekend of May ASAP). Maybe we'll be getting two movies in an Avengers year instead of just the one we got this time.

EDIT: Whoops, I kinda skipped a year. Next year is 2013, not 2014. :alienblush:

So maybe Marvel will still be releasing three films in 2014 after all. That year's already getting crowded, though. I'm not sure where they'd be able to fit Ant-Man in. Maybe early November? They're already doing that with Thor: The Dark World in 2013, and right now the only movie scheduled for November 2014 is Mockingjay, Part One, on November 21st.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  12. Turtletrekker

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Oooh, I would love to see a Marvel Silver Surfer movie.

14. Captain Craig

^^^^
    Holy F^*$ing shit!!!
    Quite the interesting bit of leverage going on!! Since as the piece notes Phase 2 of Marvel films is going cosmic. Can you imaging having Silver Surfer pop in with GOTG and/or The Avengers as Thanos & Galactus come calling!!!!

This is something to follow.

15. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

16. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Didn't we just learn that they're doing re-writes on the Guardians movie?

I wonder if they're including a few new characters into the mix now...

17. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

18. Captain Craig

At any rate we'll know for certain if this is bad internet rumor or any truth to it at all come October 14th...or sooner.

Assuming it's true for speculation sake though it would be possible to have Silver Surfer show up maybe in a post credits sequence. In some 20-30 second spot he mentions how Thanos use of the Gauntlet has triggered Galactus' interest and he wishes to help them stop Galactus from getting to Thanos and/or The Infinity Gauntlet. Something.

Then later on in the MCU we could get a good solid solo Silver Surfer origin movie since the cosmic side is firmly now set up. Remember SS was SS long before he showed up on Earth to tangle with the FF. No reason a solo movie sans FF can't happen. Would be awesome to see Airwalker, Terrax or Firelord realized on screen!! The In-Betweener!!

19. Turtletrekker

Sorry to dig up this old thread, but given the scope of the information here, none of the individual movie threads seemed sufficient.

Here is a video preview of Marvel Cinematic Universe Phase 2. Included are a brief preview of Iron Man 3, some shots from Thor: The Dark World, brief interview snippets with all of the Phase 2 directors, production drawings from Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy and a snippet of the Ant-Man test footage. It would seem that despite what Kevin Feige said a few weeks back, Ant-Man is now (again?) Phase 2.

At this link, there are even more production drawings to be seen, including Falcon and Winter Soldier.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  20. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Awesome stuff! I like the Falcon's look. There were a couple of intriguing bits of Captain America concept art there.