Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Meh. That's the current boy armour with more junk in the trunk.

She's a teenage super genius.

Riri is going to mod the crap out of that armour and then Tony is going to yell at her.

3. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Well looks like the X-Men have finally been put out to pasture. The October solicits for Marvel's new, new, new relaunch, Marvel Now (2.0) features only 1 X-Men title. Death of X is said to be a 4 part mini-series set after Secret Wars (2015), but before All New All Different's Extraordinary X-Men. The mini series is supposed to explain why everyone hates Cyclops, and how he came to die in a battle against the Inhumans.

[​IMG]

4. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like to thank Marvel for helping me clear out my reading list. With DC's Rebirth being so strong, its nice to know my reading load will be balanced by Marvel having less titles worth reading.

M.A.C.O. likes this.
  5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I guess they'll be farming out those X-Men not already in other books to other teams a la the Fantastic Four?

6. M.A.C.O.

I know the feeling. I'm in the same boat now. Before Rebirth was announced, I was done with both DC and Marvel. Now, I'll stick around for several DC titles, but my pull list from Marvel is empty.

I know you said you were an Alpha Flight fan, and I figured and old school Marvel fan like yourself might be interested in this.

https://www.amazon.com/Alpha-Flight...68735031&sr=8-1&keywords=alpha+flight+omnibus

Old comics in new collected volumes is all I'm reading from Marvel now. I plan on getting Byrne's recently released West Coast Avengers Omnibus when I get paid next.

That seems to be the plan. Storm will be on Black Panther. Although I'm not sure whether her and T'Challa have patched up their marriage and relationship.
    [​IMG]

And kid Cyclops (from Bendis' All-New X-Men) will be on Champions, with former All New All Different Avengers.
    [​IMG]

The other X-Men though, X-Force, X-23 Wolverine and others are all still MIA. I suspect they'll be farmed out onto other tiles, like you said. I know Johnny is still with the Inhumans, and last time I checked, Ben was still with the GOTG. Still no word on where Reed, Sue, Franklin and Valeria are.

7. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i just assumed the X books would relaunch after Death of X.

8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Those aren't the October solicits, it's just a marketing for what is part of Marvel Now. Marvel has confirmed there are things being released not there and that it isn't even the full Marvel Now list.

Hell, Amazing Spider-Man isn't there.

9. M.A.C.O.

There is an ASM title on the list though. Amazing Spider-Man: Renew You Vows #1. The most recent run of ASM by Dan Slott is ending in November with issue #18. The plan Marvel wants to put in place is yearly relaunches, so they can create more #1 issues, and more jumping on points.

Marvel did a Renew Your Vows for Secret Wars last year, but maybe they really intend to bring back MJ and Peter's relationship in earnest now. Similar to how Lois and Clark had an AU story, that has now become canon to the main DCU.

10. Guy Gardener

Cap's Kooky Quartet.

:)

Curious I am, how they will handle that it is not the 1960s?

Joe Casey and Scott Collins did this with the original Avengers 10 years ago, and it was only so-so.

11. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what I was figuring as well. But you know how paranoid X-fans are (and Marvel totally knows this and plays off of it)

12. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

If I ever win a lottery (which is unlikely because I don't even enter :lol: ) I'm pretty sure I'd fill a room with various omnibuses and other comic stuff :rommie: As for Marvel, there are still a lot of books I like, and some of the Marvel Now 2.0 books are interesting. But DC is really strong, and I've missed the DC characters a lot, so I'll probably end up stopping some of the more average Marvel books for DC books, and if they keep renumbering/relaunching/canceling, that just makes it easier by having a jumping off point.

13. Alidar Jarok

My point is it was claimed that was the October list and it doesn't include Amazing Spider-Man, which Dan Slott has confirmed will be published in October.

14. Nerys Myk

Why is it a problem? Older comics are full of topical references, fashions and issues. When you revisit them, you ignore that stuff.

Guy Gardener likes this.
  15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Even if they aren't publishing X-Men or Fantastic Four books, at least they're not totally ignoring the characters.:shrug:
    It's kind of sad that they've gone being some of their flagship titles to maybe getting or two books between them.
    I know at times there have been like 5 or 6 X-Men titles, and now if we're lucky we might get one or two. At least that's better than the poor FF, who don't even get one.

16. Alidar Jarok

Fantastic Four absolutely deserve a title, but I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with the X-books going back to something closer to the 80s where each book offered something different.

17. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do books that "deserve" a title sell well enough to justify the title? (Serious question, I didn't think FF was a huge seller which made chopping it easier)

18. Guy Gardener

If you won the lottery Kirk, bypass the local shop.

US $1000 per month is the minimum follow through to maintain an account with Diamond distributors.

You don't have to be a shop, you just have to give them $1000 and be willing to pick up more than you can comfortably carry by yourself from the airport once a month.

I'm not unhappy, I plan on being amused, because the author is forced to NOPrize Marvel, and it's probably going to be clever.

:)

19. Nerys Myk

Happens all the time, hardly no-prize material. You cross out Beatles and replace it with One Direction. Easy peasy.

20. Guy Gardener

Which is hilarious!!!

You're thinking of the time The Torch and Thing met the (young) Beatles?

(One Direction broke up nearly three years ago, which means that they are just the same as the Beatles.)