Castle Season 5 (including Spoilers)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by FPAlpha, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I don't think the writers even remembered the senator at this point. My thinking is that she decided to stay when she made that speech about the interrogation room being her home. That sure sounded like she was realizing she was already where she belonged.

2. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I concur. At least, we the audience knew that was what was going on, I'm not sure if the writers were smart enough to realize that. :lol:

3. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Finally got around to watching it last night, and was largely underwhelmed. Despite Castle generally acting like an adolescent throughout the series, it was always in a fun and charming way. However, when he learned that Beckett went on that interview he threw a complete temper tantrum, and he never once thought about Beckett and her career, just himself. Beckett had better not accept that ring, or else she'll have to deal with that B.S. until their ultimate divorce. One thing that I thought was really odd was when Ryan and Espo were working with that tech on that laptop, the camera hung on her for a couple of extra seconds for no apparant reason. Maybe they're going to develop her as a character more next season?

4. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Yeah I noticed that too. The actress is cute, and Espo was mugging at her, so I thought they did that to show that he was into her or something.

I've now watched the proposal a bunch of times and I guess I can accept that it was supposed to be a show of "seriousness" on Castle's part but I still think he did a lame job on it.

And if Beckett decided to stay at the NYPD in the interrogation room scene, why did she tell Ryan and Espo "There's something I have to tell you guys"? Why would she need to tell them that she was staying despite a job offer when they didn't even know about the job offer to begin with? I think she decided to take it.

5. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

There's no better time to propose than when the woman you're proposing to thinks you're breaking up with her. I can't believe Castle's been divorced twice with smooth moves like that.

I know they can't all be amazing season finales, but this one was particularly underwhelming (which I guess fits this lackluster season), and it's not even much of a cliffhanger since I can't see Kate possibly saying yes to Castle's proposal under these circumstances. She'd always wonder if he was being pressured into it out of fear of losing her, and it would just give rise to resentment, whereas a proposal made during happier, less tension-filled times would bode well for a more fulfilling marriage.

6. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yes, I noticed that as well.

As far as the finale goes, I was a little underwhelmed too. The second half of this season seems to have relied on Castle and Becket not acting like rational people to create drama.

I'm also a little late on this but when they played the bomber episode a few weeks back did anyone else get the feeling they may have re-shot the opening sequence? It just seems that leading off the show with a huge explosion would have been the way to go with this one.

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

I hate to join the chorus of underwhelmed voices since I've remained entertained throughout this season, but I have to agree. I watch this show for the Castle/Beckett interplay and so having them legitimately in a relationship has been excellent, but this finale was just... mishandled I think. The case was fairly mundane and didn't tie into any larger threads, and they had Castle acting the fool and the proposal at the end was... not a good call. I can't see many Caskett fans watching that scene and cheering and compared to the incredible final scene from last year it just doesn't work.

Still, hopefully just a (big) misstep and they'll return to form. And no more "are they going to split up???" nonsense. It's not dramatic. It's boring.

They've actually done that several times in the back half of the season. It seems like they're hinting at her and Espo, yeah.

8. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Just resurrecting this 'cause I came across some cute new pics of Molly. The pics are safe for work, but the site itself is definitely not. No nudity at the direct link to these pics, though:
    http://forum.zodcaps.com/showthread.php?t=121891

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Umm, at least one of the banner ads that pop up when you click on the pics is very, very NSFW. Yikes.

10. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm only bumping this because I just watched the Rear Window episode and it's just too ridiculous not to rant about it.

How do they know Castle is watching them just at the moments when they do something relevant to the fake murder plot? At one point he's watching as the guy takes out the rolled up carpet at 3am. How on earth did they organise that?

Someone is watching Castle at ALL TIMES to know when he's watching the performance?

That apartment just happens to be empty but fully furnished?

Why are the cops at the station talking about Castle like its a real thing and not just laughing their asses off and mentioning that it's all a big ruse?

When Castle goes over to the apartment, the actor shows up (so what... the actor is just constantly on stand-by?). The daughter then sees the actor coming back and looks terrified... Why? She's fucking in on it!! When Castle escapes, the daughter then gives a sigh of relief! What!?

Beckett then approaches one of the actors on the street and says "detective Beckett; can I ask you a few questions." For whose benefit?! No one can hear them. They're both in on it!!!!

WTF!

But yeah, really enjoyed it. Idiotic fun.