Your favorite Picard love interest?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by jibrilmudo, Apr 9, 2014.

?

Your favorite Picard love interest?

1. Dr. Beverly Crusher

26 vote(s)
    38.8%
  2. Lt. Com. Nella Darren

15 vote(s)
    22.4%
  3. Kamala

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. Vash

19 vote(s)
    28.4%
  5. Minuet

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Marta Batanides

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  7. A.F.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Eline from Inner Light

4 vote(s)
    6.0%
  9. Jenice Manheim

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  10. Phillipa Louvois

7 vote(s)
    10.4%
  11. Tasha Yar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Anij

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  13. Q

6 vote(s)
    9.0%
  14. Riker

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Other

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Have him do some prospecting in those twin peaks, perhaps? Maybe even yodle? "Yodello Layhee Hooo!!!"

Ha ha! Woe Nelly ... I've never seen you get like this over Jean Luc, outside of his loving up on Vash. I'm in shock! :p

2. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:guffaw: When WillsBabe sees this she is going to laugh. She and I have been - we'll just call it admiring :whistle: - the good captain and his first officer for many years now on this board.

And I used that exact tidbit about the cables a few years back in the opening author notes to the WN story 'The Wolf with the Red Roses.'

I've been happily married almost 26 years now, but I'm not dead. And this is:
    [​IMG]
    Pure Masculine Virility ;)

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

3. 2takesfrakes

Wow, Woe Nellie ... what can I say to such fandom? Sir Patrick Stewart is the greatest! You won't get an argument from me. I'll even go on record as saying that he's the best leading actor that STAR TREK's ever been blessed with. And when you look at all the beautiful women Patrick's had when he's not on the set, his "Pure Masculine Virility" becomes self-evident. Forgive me if I'm equally impressed with Jonathan Frakes, however. As Riker, he certainly left his mark. But as a director and a driving force, behind the scenes, in STAR TREK ... I'm hard pressed to not be impressed with his contributions to this franchise. He's certainly made appearances in all the shows ... always in demand!

4. Whoa Nellie

:techman: Absolutely! I love Frakes' portrayal of Will Riker as well. The WN story 'The Adventures of William Riker' was written for a request made to my co-author and I by WillsBabe. I don't remember the criteria we used, but for the story we needed to do a 'love interest' comparison count. Finding the number almost neck and neck, we had to giggle. :)

Frakes has also directed some of my favorite TV shows. In fact, he directed my absolute favorite episode of Castle, season's 5's 'The Final Frontier' where a murder happens at a sci-fi convention. Frakes does a cameo in the show that is an absolute hoot.

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

5. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

Ardra from "Devil's Due" followed by a very close second, Anij...those slow-motion moments are achingly beautiful, as, I am sure, they were meant to be...ah, Jesu, to experience that...

6. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, happy days. ;) I even have my very own fanfiction to prove it!

:lol: It's not like I haven't given the topic any consideration over the years, y'know!

7. 2takesfrakes

I see that! So, tell me, WillsBabe ... who other than Deanna did you like seeing Riker getting next to, if anyone? I thought Mistress Beata was really cute! He should've found some excuse to go back to Angel One for further adventures and to kiss her up some more. :drool:

8. varek

varek Commander Red Shirt

I did not like Vash at all! Granted, they both shared the love of archeology--but Picard for the museum, and Vash for her own profit.
    She was attractive, but she didn't really seem to project much personality, other than that of an untrustworthy "associate" (only for as long as it suited her).

9. varek

varek Commander Red Shirt

I thought Carmen Davila, killed by the Crystalline Entity, might have been a good romantic interest for Riker. But, obviously, she was killed, trying to save the lives of her fellow-colonists.

10. 2takesfrakes

Carmen Davila was a little apple-headed, for my tastes, but she was cute. Sure ...

11. maneth

maneth Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good list!

I'm wondering whether Riker has any recollection of Odan's encounter with Dr Crusher in The Host... By DS9 standards he would have, but the rules were different for the Trill in TNG.

That said, Beverly Crusher is by far my favorite love interest for Picard, followed by Vash.

12. 2takesfrakes

By his own admission, Jean Luc Picard was getting women hand-over-fist, before he got stabbed. After that, he grew up, perhaps, a little too much. He even made it with cougars, so there's a lot to mine from, in terms of someone writing Romance Novels based on The Good Captain. If they do, I want to get the job of painting the covers, as I've never done that before. As a Frenchman, Jean Luc Picard is probably no stranger to kink, either, which could inform such a piece and help us to see him in a new and different light ...

13. Whoa Nellie

:angel: You mean like this?

[​IMG]

This?

[​IMG]

Or this?

[​IMG]

Sorry, they're not paintings but I couldn't resist this. ;)

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

14. 2takesfrakes

:rommie: >>SNORT!!!<<

"Beauty & the Q" looks like a real cover!!! They're all quite telling, however, of your love of - and devotion to - TNG, in general and the Picard/Vash romance, in particular. It's really very sweet. Although ... I'm almost "afraid" to ask what Q's involvement is. At first, the suggestion seems to be voyeurism. No - don't tell me; I don't wanna know!

:lol: ((...snicker))

15. WillsBabe

*shakes head* Sweet? :guffaw:Of all the adjectives in all the world, that isn't the one I'd settle on.

16. Whoa Nellie

Thank you! :)

Thank you, again. :) Whenever I'd get stuck with writers block I would go play with photmanips, attempting to make covers or scenes from the stories. The ones I liked ended up on the collages on the index pages of the WN website. I had a really basic, easy to use, program (Photoshop confuses me. My hat is off to anyone who uses it). I have a new program now but I haven't had time to play with it.

:lol: No more so than he was in the episode 'Qpid.' Q does make appearances is several of my 'costume romp' stories as WillsBabe so aptly nicknamed them. Although in my story 'Here There Be Q-nicorns' Vash does throw a vase of flowers at Q while yelling, "Get out, you despicable, wretched, intergalactic, peeping Tom!" :lol:

Only because you probably know my writing as well as I do. :guffaw:

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  17. 2takesfrakes

"Intergalactic Peeping Tom"?!!! :rommie: >>SNORT<<

I would always be afraid of that, if Q ever found out who I was! And that he'd not only appear himself, but rope someone in along with him, that I would die a thousand deaths to have them be there. Like, I'd be tapping some sexy lady's sweet ass and - in a moment - there'd be Q with my studd cousin beside him and cuz would be shouting out pointers at me, like "Frakes ... get your ass up higher!!! Sharpen up!"

I'd feel like I was one of those bull elephants mating along the roadside, on the African plains - surrounded by his herd, with other elephants witnessing it and trumpeting in celebration. All this comotion, going on around me ... breaking my concentration.

But I'll tell you something else, I love Photoshop! It's my most favorite thing about using a computer, but you might be surprised to learn that I do not paint with it. I am very old school and painterly, in that sense. I used InDesign, when I worked as a Graphic Designer, which was an experience. But I've had a lot of experience using Adobe products and I highly recommend it. John Knoll, of ILM actually invented Photoshop with his brother, if I'm not mistaken ...

18. 2takesfrakes

Oh, yeah? And what, uh ... what adjective would you select, then? Go on, be my thesaurus, for a day ...

:lol: ((...snicker))

I was going to say that I meant "sweet" as in "COOL!" but then I thought ... "would I lie"? So, there you have it. The rest is for you. Select your word and we'll do a side-by-side comparison. Who'd win ... I suspect Yours Truly. I don't care what I win, whenever I'm up for a challenge, as long as I win. Is that a quality that I share with Will Riker, do you think? Our differences are many, though. For example, I would never let my girlfriend call me "Imzadi." What the hell's that? Isn't it enough we're going out? Have to have this big title for it? She should be content that she's mine - that should be enough of a title for her. Am I right? Or, am I RIGHT?!!

:cool:

19. WillsBabe

Any of these: http://thesaurus.com/browse/hot ;)

20. 2takesfrakes

Thanks for the link - that's a neat, little site! And here - look what I found, beside the definition for "satisfy" - as that is the word which best describes what TNG does, overall:

[​IMG]