Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
  2. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

3. XwarlokX

XwarlokX Lieutenant Red Shirt

1.5 Seems like its going to add some pretty cool features to the game. I really dig the weather effects, and the achievements as well.

I haven't really looked into the piston mod, but if it adds new things to the game I could see that being a big bonus as well.

I seriously need to join a good MP server, SP is starting to get a little bland. I'm building all sorts of structures, cart tracks and etc...but it gets a bit boring being the only one "doing" anything in the world.

4. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I wonder...does anyone else think it would be a good idea for lightning strikes to turn sand blocks to glass? On the other hand, consistency may demand that strikes cause fires too...would could end in fiery death for any tree and then you'd have a forest fire...hmm...maybe not then...unless the new rain can put out fire?

5. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think Notch has said that rain will make fires go out, which means I'll have to put some sort of roof over my chimney. He said that it wont turn lava into cobblestone or obsidian as that would ruin any surface lava.

Was anyone else worried that when he broke the snow in that video, it didn't drop a snowball? I fear now that he has fixed returning snow, snow itself wont work. Hopefully not.

It's odd, I've been waiting for snow to fall for 6 months, but now that it's about to happen I'm upset that pistons aren't being included in the same update. :lol: Those things look awesome, I already have a plan for a piston-powered elevator.

Wow. :wtf: Just yesterday I saw 4 wolves spawn right outside my castle. I must be really lucky because wolves are spawning out there every day.

6. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Ok, that does look pretty awesome. Have to wonder though if it will slow things down some, as in the video, it doesn't look like he's walking very fast. Seems a little slower than usual. I do like seeing water refreeze though. That's awesome. I wonder if that means you could freeze things, like what if you dropped something in the water, only to have it freeze within a block of ice?

Hey, that gives me an idea. Potentially, you could have things that could rot if not under refrigeration, like eggs and meat, which would attract undesirables if they rot... Which leads me to my idea... Wonder if refrigerators would be possible as appliances like the stove and the workshop in the future. It kind of makes more sense to store those in fridges than say, chests.

7. Itisnotlogical

Itisnotlogical Commodore Commodore

Oh my God. Now that snow returns, I can make a custom Arthas skin and Icecrown Glacier... and The Frozen Throne... with the DokuRPG texture pack...

:D

8. Cutter John

Lucky bastard. I guess I just live in the wrong part of the map (rainforest adjoining a desert). But I'll be damned if I'm going exploring. I got cocky and decided to go on a wool quest out into the wilderness earlier today without leaving a trail. Ran into a wandering midday Creeper and lost a bunch of good stuff.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  9. Itisnotlogical

^^

You think you've got it bad? I tried building a glass-only lava incinerator, and the entire floating segment of my house was destroyed, aside from the non-flammable cobblestone and glass, and special blocks like the bed, the workbench, etc.:

[​IMG]

Flake wasn't hurt, and the shack leading to my underground shelter wasn't damaged, but it's still a pretty devastating loss. I guess I should dump my lava somewhere and go get some water...

10. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

I just wish glass was reclaimable somehow. I just discovered I messed up on my stone and glass skyscraper, and had to smash the last floor up. Over two hundred pieces of glass, gone!

11. Cutter John

^^ Owwww, damn guys.

I live in a wooden treehouse in the middle of a rainforest. I don't even let anything that makes fire into the house! If I need to dispose of anything, I just chuck it over a cliff. :)

Any netherrack, flint and steel, and lava I have stays in a chest out in the desert next to my portal.

In other news, boy I wish I was doing a video capture. I was walking along the platform next to my airship just after sunset when a fucking Creeper comes barreling down from the top of the partially finished balloon at full speed, hits the bridge next to me with a loud SSSSS!, bounces over the railing and falls about 500 feet to his death. Scared the hell out of me, but talk about an Epic Fail...

Next morning I stuck some torches up there.

12. Itisnotlogical

^^

... Why put your portal in a desert? Island with floating burning Netherrack FTW

13. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

So Robert let me on his server, and I've been poking around there the past couple of days. I've got myself established now, with the main level of my house completed. Here's a picture of my Great Hall (all of my houses have to have a Great\Grand\Main\whatever Hall; I'm egotistical like that).

[​IMG]

14. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Wow, nice! Your texture pack makes it look much better than vanilla. :)

15. Cutter John

Well, I already have my giant pyramid and mineshaft out there. So I just put the portal about halfway between them and my main base. Just seemed convenient. and like I said, I live in a very flamable house. I want anything involving fire as far away from greenery as possible.

Looking good Canadave. I love the wall textures. It makes the room look woven.

16. Itisnotlogical

I love your house as well Canadave. Looks like some sort of desert motif thingy you got going on there. I've been busy replacing the burned-away portions of my house with cobblestone, still not complete :(

17. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

For those of you having trouble finding wolves, I was working inside my newly extended fortress today and saw this, and I felt the need to rub it in. :p

[​IMG]

18. Itisnotlogical

I have no need to search for wolves, because I know for fact that they're useless. :p

19. Cutter John

Damn you.

20. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Heh, yeah, I guess you aren't seeing the same way I am, are you? I'll have to switch to vanilla at some point and check out how things "really" look.

Incidentally, it's only a partially desert themed, that's in behind the house. It's waterfront on the other side.