Smallville Summer Hiatus Thread III (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 20, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I think some time after SMALLVILLE is over another Superman/Superboy/Clark Kent series will be produced...hopefully better than SMALLVILLE...I would love a live-action Legion Of Superheroes series...in the same spirit of the recent WB cartoon involving Clark Kent...before here is Superman.

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Season 9 boxart

[​IMG]

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

4. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Jesus Christ, I owned that comic and remember the story! She seduces him and keeps saying "Hold me tighter... Tighter..." and he snaps her spine. Feeling guilty, he's going to turn himself in to the authorities or swallow blue kryptonite or something, I forget that part... then it turns out the scientist reanimated Cleo's corpse.

That was a good story. I was even too young to be doing acid then.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are we ever too young to do acid?

6. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Exactly. An amorous Superboy accidentally hugs a girl to death--but it's okay because she's really a mummy!

But what's really bizarre is that the whole thing turns out to be a plot by a rival archaeologist to disgrace Lana Lang's father.

Think about that for a second. An archaeologist discovers Cleopatra's tomb, and figures out a way to bring her back to life, but rather the garner all the fame and accolades such an amazing accomplishment would merit, he uses her to get rid of Superboy so he can get revenge on a small town college professor?

No way do you forget a story like that!

7. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

8. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Admiral_Young

Yeah most likely the first half of September in conjuncture with the season ten premier which is normally the second to last Friday or the last Friday in September.

10. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Man of Knight?

Dark Steel?

World's Greatest Emo Who Can't Fly?

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Edward Cullen?

12. Admiral_Young

It's like a Fringe "Other World" Batman TV show DVD cover!! LOL

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

I really hate that the \S/ looks like a chalk scribble...why not make it sharp? Oh I forgot Clark can't draw...Chloe should have done this for him. :lol:

I have a bad feeling about Nolan's Superman movie. :eek:

;)

14. Admiral_Young

Yeah I wasn't too pleased with the design of the silver S shield but whatever it still worked for the context of the "costume" (it's not really a costume). Hopefully next season we WILL see the red and yellow shield more than just that shot in Clark's eye...sigh.

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Next season Clark is going to figure out that he can make public appearances as the Blurr if he's vibrating so much that his face looks like some ones gone to town on it with an eraser like in that AHA music video from the 80s.

Until peoples fillings start falling out and he's harangued for that chased from one side of the small claims court tot he other.

When the words "X-Ray-Vision" disseminate into the public forum, you don't believe anyone with cancer that's been with in four feet of one of his super-saves since he went public is not going to to get mighty litigious?

Meanwhile what about all the hooligans with spray cans who are fined and jailed for spray painting their names or "art" on walls? They now got the "But the Blurr did it" defence... Not that people are all too happy about being branded like salves... And when the kandorians did brand the entire planet like slaves? Is Clark going to admit that was an Invasion or is he going to lie claiming that it was all him so as not to besmirch his peoples collective honour?

16. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

So true! I seriously think she needs to plug some electrodes into his thick, Kryptonian skull so she can simply move him through situations by remote control (kinda like Nintendo Clark)!

:devil:

Oh, and why are you getting bad vibes about Nolan's Superman? Can't he fly either?

:lol:

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

That or making Superman "dark".

Chloe drop the ball she let street vender's and internet clowns beat her to cashing in on Clark's heritage. :guffaw:

18. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

^

Bingo! She should've been mass-producing those damn coffee mugs and selling from Watchtower over the Internet.

:devil:

19. Admiral_Young

Sigh...Superman can be dark. He does have "dark" characteristics is just that aspect of Clark's character shouldn't be the primary focus of a movie and don't think it will be I'm excited about Goyer's script especially the hints that were dropped about it back in February. Smallville has attempted to explore these darker aspects of Clark but they've failed because they have created angst to go along with them creating "drama" and then prolonged it without resolving it in anyway that provides the character with growth or evolution. The question that I keep asking myself as I watch "Smallville" which I do with any show I get invested in is...have we grown up? Have we evolved? The show has changed but I don't think it has grown up or evolved. Perhaps on the surface but not inside of each of the characters. In a lot of aspects they're all back in high school still and dragging Lois along with them.

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

@Procutus :lol: Chloe could be richer than Oliver if she had jumped on it first. :lol:
    I mean hats, t-shirts, mugs & action figures...guided tours of the cave and fortress. :lol:

@Admiral Young I think a great dark version of the character...which isn't really like Superman at all but cool none the less was Superman-X created for LoSH cartoon. Your last sentence is true.