World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Showdown, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I get what they are trying to do but I am not sure it is enough. :shrug:

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

welp, had to restrain myself from doing instant pre order after that.

I love orcs. Anyone wanting background should read Rise of the Horde. (Golden's best Warcraft book IMO).

3. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

The basic idea, from what I've read, is that Garrosh escapes prison in Pandaria with help from rogue members of the Bronze Dragonflight (who we help get their stuff together on the Timeless Isles). The dragons seem to think that the Alliance and Horde are not strong enough to fight the Burning Legion that should be coming back...someday. So they send Garrosh back in time to help his father forge an untainted Iron Horde that uses "modern" technology to take over Draenor. This creates an alternate Dreanor from 30 or so years in the past.

They modify the Black Portal that was under construction to instead go to modern day Azeroth (so older, now alternate Azeroth is not a thing in the expansion). Thus we won't be sent to put things back into place, as it is too late for that, plus the changes don't effect Azeroth, not Outland's past. The Alliance and Horde have to go stop the Iron Horde, because they are coming to take over present day Azeroth with modern Horde weapons on untainted orcs with a full population behind them. That is more than the old Horde could do verses the Humans and later Alliance back in the Warcraft 1 and 2 days.

The Alliance and Horde stop the first invasion at the Dark Portal (now gone red instead of fel green), then have to send a crack (suicide) team to destroy or disrupt the portal to prevent more invasions that the Azeroth powers just don't have the power to stop after all the violence and cataclysms since the Third War decimated so much of the population centers.

The Garrison is to be your base of operations for the campaign you (player name) are running in Draenor against the Iron Horde. You might be a small part of the larger force, but this part of the army is yours. It will likely be customizable based on your character's race.

Also it looks like Leeroy Jenkins is now a canon character...who died in Blackrock Mountain.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMc8VP02DFA[/yt]

4. BennieGamali

BennieGamali Commander Red Shirt

Orc orc orc. I am glad to see so many hordies here.

5. Taylirious

I am upset the Blood Elf models won't be ready by launch and will happen in a patch after...they need the least amount of work IMO.

6. teacake

Every time I hear or read the word 'orc' I feel a pang as though for a lost loved one.

But I'm still not sure I will go back.

7. Taylirious

Last edited: Sep 6, 2014
  8. teacake

Hey guys anyone know how long the pre-order of WoD is on for? Where you get the boost?

And btw, what a sucky extra you get with deluxe edition, is that all they could manage. And that raven mount better look different than the BC raven mount so help me Thrall.

9. teacake

These are so different, lore and art sketches. Good. Blizzard surprised me.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG3RVCEwCPg[/yt]

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwbn9rMpBcs[/yt]

10. Taylirious

11. teacake

I loathe the choppers. Though I have not looked at that one. If it looks like the engineering one blech.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

AFAIK the free boost with every preorder will be on as long as WoD is not out, because it is already available (and will remain available) as a paid service as well.

It is pretty expensive if you use the paid service though (50 Euro-bucks in these parts).

I just learned I'll have free run of the house next Monday, I'll check out the Warlords beta then.

13. teacake

I noticed that it was a paid service to boost and it was ridiculously expensive.

I'm going to ask mah loved ones to get me WoD preorder and game time for my birthday. I never finished MoP. But I'll boost my main so I can cruise around that I guess?

I just want to do the orc stuff and forget about the gear grind.

Let us know how Beta is !

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ Will do.

I'm interested to see how they handle the housing/base-building stuff, considering people have been clamoring for player housing for a decade now ;)

15. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Oh, and Molten Core is coming back as a level 100 dungeon for the 10th anniversary celebrations.

Also, a Southshore vs Tarren Mill battleground :lol:

They're laying it on thick with the Vanilla nostalgia, I can dig it.

16. teacake

Wow, I will take all the Vanilla nostalgia they can come out with.

Ugh ran Molten Core so many times for that measly pittance of hydraxian waterlord rep. Never finished it.

17. Taylirious

I got in just before Cataclysm and enjoyed the WoTLK content.

18. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Still have that Aquatic Quintessence from the faction NPCs that no longer exist to dowse the runes in MC that no longer need to be dowsed ;)

19. teacake

Lolness I have guild banks full of obscure things no longer in game though they annoyingly turned some to ash.

One bank alt has a library with most of the books in game as well as all but one of the fish (there are fish that are very rare, I'm talking about the ones with weights not the ones for cooking. )

Also have all the whites in clothes, have about 8 formal danguis which used to only spawn 6 times a year. I will have to see if that is still the case. I sold one for 5k once when I needed gold for pristine diamonds for the insane title. I am getting nostalgic. One thing I missed in guild wars was all that obscure useless crap I spent time collecting and swapping and rp ing with. Guild wars doesn't have that stuff.

20. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Yeah, I love owning obscure shit that's no longer attainable. My Paladin still has the Holy Mightstone (1-use item) from the old Epic Mount quest.

He also has the old T2 head and legs with the now no longer available Zul Gurub enchants.

The Formal Danguis is still rare as hell, I just checked.

Getting pumped for checking out the beta tonight!