Stormfront would have been better if...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Gotham Central, Jan 11, 2013.

1. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Alien Nazis are as much a part of Trek as time travel and godlike aliens.

2. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Because showing man's penchant for irrational prejudice and violence and going back to an iconic symbol of man's hatred of his fellow man was in keeping with the overall theme of season 4, which was the devlopment of man as seen through earth's quest to conqueor the stars.

In SF we see Archer almost smugly tell Alicia how in the 23rd century, man had defeated racial prejudice. But we see in the season 4 finale, (talking about Demons/TP here) that man had only traded racial prejudice for xenophobia.

To me, this was a bigger issue than Star Trek prequelly stuff and it helped to have a 'real world' symbol of man's primitive nature (the Nazis) in the season's frst episode to add some perspective. SF 1 and 2 weren't perfect episodes and (truth be told), I complained like everyone did back then about a two-parter when one should have sufficed, but when season 4 ended I appreciated them much more.

3. Anji

Anji Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Assisting in the birth of baby Horta on Janus VI
    Honest to God, when I saw that alien in a Nazi uniform the series lost me. I didn't believe for one minute that if you shoot a frame like that that you are serious about producing good Star Trek.

But maybe they put the alien in because it was rumored that the real Nazi's were helped by aliens from another planet???

Or I could just be watching waaaay too much of the History Channel. Go on...

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

When I had cable, The History Channel was actually about history.

"The next thing you know we'll all find out the Nazis did not employ alien technology in their quest for world domination." -- The Daily Show, 2011.

5. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

But Kirk and Spock in Nazi uniforms/dressed like gangsters/buried in tribbles shows a serious desire to produce "good Star Trek"?

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Yes. As Deputy Fuehrer, I object to this accusation.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's one thing to turn out a crappy episode, but it's like they just put effort into making the ending of the Xindi arc the most epically facepalming moment ever in Trek.