Merlin Series 5

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Bob The Skutter, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

The new series of Merlin starts tonight at 7:45.

2. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Have they decided if this is the Last Series or not yet? I had heard prior to S4 that it was supposed to have a 5 year run, but, then during S4 and after, I heard they were debating what to do, end it with 5, continue on more Series or make movies (Or some combo thereof)

3. Bob The Skutter

They've been talking about another 2 series plus 2 movies. I think series 6 might be going ahead.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

ARRRGH!

TELL HIM YOU NONCE!!!!

TELL HIM!!!!

3 more years?

3 more years!!!

Where the fuck is Albion!?

Merlin has cocked this up from the get go.

Go back in time.

Do what the dragon says.

Kill Morganna, hell just let her die, no need to kill her.

Let Mordred die too.

a Million years of Albion!

Land of milk and honey!

Merlin you Dick.

There are no more happily ever afters.

Because you're a wussy.

What was the plan?

Wait in the net until some one murders you or you starve to death?

Fuck me.

HAVEN'T YOU SEEN RETURN OF THE JEDI!!!???

Those Ewoks ate a lot of stormtroopers in the feast at the end, and if their god C3PO hadn't given the rebellion a pass, they would have been IN the buffet too.

TELL HIM!

"Hey Arthur, look what I can do."

LIGHTNING BOLT!

LIGHTNING BOLT!

Destroy a few armies for Arthur and he'll swiftly turn back on his convictions, welcoming magic back with open arms.

Every time they lose a conflict in this story it's just because Merlin is too much of a nonce to reveal who he is and dozens if not hundreds some times, of the good guys die.

Uthur is dead.

Grow the fuck up.

Arthur is not going to change until you make him.

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I can't disagree with that...

Merlin, always thinking with his stomach :lol:

Still, twas nice to see it back.

And shit, they gave Gwen something to do! My flabber has never been so gasted.

6. Bob The Skutter

Well I enjoyed that more than any episode of Doctor Who this or (excluding The Doctor's Wife or The God Complex) last series. There wasn't a great deal of plot to get through but I enjoyed the slower pace and letting the characters be the characters.

7. Guy Gardener

They lost three score knights to a wolf.

60 guys in armour stymied by a puppy.

Camelot deserves to fall.

Gwen proving that she's a good Queen by treating the traitor scum house maids like girlfriends until she puts them to death.

Q. How many servants do you have to execute before the survivors pretend to love you?

A. 4. the first to limber up, the second to prove it's not a fluke, the third to get the tecnique right and lucky number four to proove that you're serious.

Isn't there a prime minister or general or captain of the guard? Someone who wasn't raised with the pigs and possibly might know how to read?

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

On a side note, according to SFX the sprite thingy was Josette Simon (Dayna in Blakes 7)

9. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

They've really stepped it up this time. I really enjoyed it for once without niggles. Long may it continue. You can tell this was supposed to be the last season. Everyone has their game face on.

10. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well that was surprisingly good. And I don't mean good by Merlin standards, but genuinely good.

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Ok second episode was fantastic! Seriously, Mordred? Did not see that coming at all! Some interesting stuff relating to Morgana and the baby dragon as well. At first I thought Morgana's dream was a prophesy that she and the dragon would end up imprisoned, but seems more liklely it was a memory...so I wonder who was able to banf them both up?

12. Deckerd

They should have had the courage to kill Morgana. It was pathetic the way she miraculously survived being stabbed in the back. That said, it was a belter of an episode. I'm sure I speak for all the ladies here when I say that extending the contractural clause that ensured Bradley James took his shirt off every episode to all of his knights for this season, is very much appreciated.

13. Bob The Skutter

^Yeah, I was hoping they'd killed her and Mordred was taking her place as the bad guy in their midsts now. Oh well. I suppose they might explain it as he wasn't trying to kill her just make sure he was on the inside while she was giving them a threat on the outside to focus on.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Must admit I did think it was going to be an even bigger WTF and they would actually kill her off...but hey she is magic so I'll let it slide.

What will be interesting is what they do with Mordred, because they've already shown a willingness to change the story as we know it (see Lancelot/Gwen) so as I see it there are several possible permutations:

1. The obvious one, it's a trick to get Mordred on the inside where he will effectively act a bit like Morgana a few years ago (possibly without all the panto gurning to camera)

2. Mordred is genuine, but events will conspire to turn him, much as Morgana was turned.

3. Modred is genuine, and that's it, he won't eventually kill Arthur, some other Druid is...remind me, does Merlin count as a Druid?

And Frau, they can keep taking knight's shirts off so long as they keep putting Morgana and Gwen in those low cut dresses! All's fair!

15. Guy Gardener

Gwen looked much better as a serving girl.

but neither have ever rocked my boat.

(at least)Two of Arthur's former suitors took up a staring role in the states this season.

The New Normal is trucking along, but some one ran over Made in Jersey.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well obviously I'd sleep with Morgana, but I'd be thinking about her sister ;)

Katie McGrath is gorgeous though, as is Angel, although I have to say I've never been a huge fan of Gwen, though she does look rather nice in a Queenly dress!

17. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oh I thought that was very good, not great for the arc of the show but wonderful self contained episode, and I did almost cheer when Merlin stood up to Uther's ghost! Morgan really nailed that scene, all of Merlin's pent up frustration and hate of Uther coming out in one utterly brilliant moment.

Plus all the Merlin/Arthur banter was hilarious...I am slightly worried about what Arthur's going to do after pulling that glove on though! :lol:

18. Guy Gardener

They tried something new.

but it's hard for the ghost to be spooky when it's someone we know.

Tony "Iron Man" Stark said something about Thanos the Mad Titan (the bloke at the end of the movie) in a comic book recently... "He's not a Demigod, he's an asshole." They censored the word asshole, but you get my point, Ghosts are scary because they are an unknown... This was just the same old asshole up to the same old asshole games.

Merlin should have ripped his soul into little pieces for all the shit Uthur put him through when he was living, none of this gentle softcock bullshit about guiding back to a heavenly afterlife reward.

Merlin needs to stop Clark Kenting it and sack up, admit who he is and stop the witch burnings and crucifixions and general all purpose genocide the laws of Camelot still subscribe to.

19. Deckerd

I don't think Merlin knew how to deal with Uther. At the end it was Arthur who saved Merlin. In fact this season has been interesting in just how much Merlin is not able to do.

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well I think, certainly in this episode, that it had to be Arthur who dealt with Uther, having Merlin save the day would have been a bit dissapointment (not that that's stopped them in the past!)