Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

It's called Bendispeak for a reason.

2. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Fearless Defenders #2 anybody....that last page? I didn't know whether to chuckle or moan.

3. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^Moaning is the way to go.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What happened? Not reading it...

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ultron destroyed most of America. Most of the Heroes died. New York looks like Escape form New York... (In a remastered version of Escape form New York are they going to deal with the World Trade centre? Oh, Escape from New York was set in 1997... Never mind.) The phrase "Washington DC is gone" was an absolute without need of elaboration. It's gone.

Issue one starts a week after the fall of human kind, humans like cockroaches avoiding scrambling under the rubble and into the sewers as indestructible flying robots heat ray vision anything with a pulse. Mean while a collection of b-level villains have Peter Parker tied to a chair he doesn't seem to have the strength to break free from...

Well that's odd.

Were they using adamantium handcuffs?

Unless they had him on horse tranquillizers?

Although, they were harvesting Mutant Growth Hormone (Spider-Man isn't a Mutant!) off Spider-Man, so if "Otto" was working with them up to some point, an then he was really tied to that chair because he was too much of a dick to share the world with... Or he's a Trojan horse for the villain community or Ultron?

But Spider-Man is in the wrong costume to be Otto.

Although I could see Ultron needing to trade with meat for Otto, or something Otto has or Otto can do rather than anything Peter can bring to the table.

If this turns out to be a Holodeck, and Avengers Arena turns out to be a holodeck... You have to wonder if it's the same holodeck?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

If that recap was for me I was referring to Fearless Defenders #2. Good point, I'd forgotten that Otto-Spidey has a different costume. So basically the front half of Age of Ultron was written and drawn years ago, and bringing it up to current continuity is a total joke... :lol:

7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yep.

8. Captain Craig

The appearance at the end of Fearless Defenders #2 is one by Warrior Woman.
    I don't think we have enough to go one yet but given her name is Hipployta and not Julia Lohmer(which I admit I had to wiki) it's safe to say they are introducing a new character with the existing Warrior Woman moniker.

All I knew was that Warrior Woman was tied to the Nazi's and battled the Invaders. Know next to nothing of her so I wiki'd just to see what the name of the one was I vaguely recalled. The original wore a type of dominatrix outfit with the Nazi armband.

This new Warrior Woman, with her Greek name, is plainly dressed to resemble a knock-off(homage?) to DC's Wonder Woman. The story has Brunnhilde charged with reassembling the Valkyrie's as it's revealed she was never meant to be a lone one.
    Warrior Woman is revealed to be a candidate and based on the covers of upcoming issues it looks like a who's who of Marvel heroines is going to be seen in the book over this arc.

9. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

It's not a new character, it's the same Hippployta that was killed off in Incredible Hercules.

10. Captain Craig

Ah, thanks for that. I didn't read Incredible Hercules after the first arc that it switched from being Inc.Hulk.

So I guess we get to find out how she's alive as well.

11. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Magic mythological character. That is all the explanation you need.

12. Guy Gardener

Copyrite limbo stick?

13. Guy Gardener

So long ago... Wendall Vaghn went to the New Universe and came back with the Starbrand from there... It slowly ran out of juice, but he kept the tattoo which was the brand, which seemed to be transferable and mobile... Wendall is alive and point bastard tot he Annihilators who are exactly the sort of people that should be lookinginto this white event especial is Wendal is familiar with the... My question really is, if Wendal was on Earth, or ison Earth... Would that have halve the star Brand and if push comes to shove can he use his star brand to drain this new kids Starbrand?

Good lord, what's next? Kickers inc and Spitfire didn't make any sense.

Paranormals vs. Mutants?

Will the hate groups be able to see the difference?

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

What the hell happened to the Annihilators, anyway? They were still together at the end of the second mini-series right? Because Silver Surfer was over in Defenders (while it lasted), and Gladiator was in Avengers vs X-Men without any mention of the team...

15. Guy Gardener

And he was in the Smasher issue of Avengers as well... Or was that a flashback?

16. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Marvel has revealed the mind-blowing ending to Age of Ultron to the New York Times. An Image character is joining the Marvel Universe.

There's a part of me, who read those comics back in the 90s, that's going, "Wow."

There's another part of me that's going, "How does this make any sense? And divorced of the character's context, this character doesn't work."

17. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hopefully she'll herald in a new era of pouches and straps.

18. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

they just kinda...went away. i don't think the team has even been mentioned since the last mini. i expect most of those characters to show up in Guardians. or at the least, maybe Guardians will have some throw away dialogue about the Annihilators.

flashback to Morrison's run on X-Men.

19. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Angela appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy should be very interesting, and I wouldn't call her return "jaw dropping" or anything, but most interesting indeed.

20. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I've seen it suggested that this is misdirection. That yes, Angela is going to appear briefly in the Marvel Universe, and they're announcing this now so that we don't notice that there's something else happening. While I don't think that Marvel is that clever, if so, the only thing that would be bigger than Gaiman bringing an Image character to the Marvel universe would be Marvelman.

And given that Gaiman has been a driving force in getting the Marvelman situation squared away (1602 a decade ago was part of that effort), then I think that it's at least possible that Marvelman will finally show up in the Marvel universe.